Can't see nas in file explorer?

Ok so I finally got the system up and running even got plex to work with my macbook on wifi and my daily driver on the same wired network (fios) but for the life of me I can't find the server in file explore what the heck am I missing? I did try to search as I'm sure I'm not the only one to ask but don't seem to get hits on it. Not sure if this is the right forum or not sorry if its in the wrong place!

Specs of old pre-built laying around

i7 6700

16gigs of 2400Mhz ram

1 240 gig ssd as cache because it was laying around

1 1TB 2.5 from mac upgrade

1 4TD WD red

I'm really liking the overall navigation of unraid and if I can get it going will be adding 2 more 4TB WD reds to the array

I have SMB

enabled "yes (workgroup)

Hide "dot"files yes

workgroup settings Workgroup

SMB extras ?

Local master yes

What else do I need to do? My macs are seeing the drives but when I click on the icon it states connection failed and my PC has yet to see any drives but I can sign into plex no problem. Do I need to actually know code to enter all this in the extra configuration window?

I'm getting somewhere I can now see and open some of my shares on my mac but after some looking around I found this, can this be accurate and how the heck do I block it from happening?

Errors FoundSuggested Fix

Possible Hack Attempt on Aug 15On Aug 15 there were 24728 invalid login attempts. This could either be yourself attempting to login to your server (SSH / Telnet) with the wrong user or password, or you could be actively be the victim of hack attacks. A common cause of this would be placing your server within your router's DMZ, or improperly forwarding ports.

This is a major issue and needs to be addressed IMMEDIATELY

NOTE: Because this check is done against the logged entries in the syslog, the only way to clear it is to either increase the number of allowed invalid logins per day (if determined that it is not a hack attempt) or to reset your server. It is not recommended under any circumstance to ignore this error

Possible Hack Attempt on Aug 14On Aug 14 there were 167 invalid login attempts. This could either be yourself attempting to login to your server (SSH / Telnet) with the wrong user or password, or you could be actively be the victim of hack attacks. A common cause of this would be placing your server within your router's DMZ, or improperly forwarding ports.

This is a major issue and needs to be addressed IMMEDIATELY

NOTE: Because this check is done against the logged entries in the syslog, the only way to clear it is to either increase the number of allowed invalid logins per day (if determined that it is not a hack attempt) or to reset your server. It is not recommended under any circumstance to ignore this error

10 hours ago, Squid said:

If you look at your syslog, on those days you're going to see a ton of attempted logins.  If you don't think you have an issue, then post your diagnostics for us to check out.

Will do at work now will post when home any idea how to get my windows pc to see the nas? everything up to this point has been a pleasure but for the life of me I cannot figure out this share thing and why my pc can't see it I have both my rig hardwired to an additional router (not on same floor and not on router the nas is on) and wifi enabled as when I realized my MacBook could see the nas then it had to be wifi but no go on the pc?

1 hour ago, tdallen said:

Generally you shouldn't have two routers on a home network.  Is one of them configured as an Access Point?

I believe that it is I know that it is not wifi capable I have fios and I had them hook it up but yes my understanding is that its an access point but the nas is hooked up to the wifi router downstairs so I should see the nas on my pc as it is wifi capable and on, No? Do I need to know code to make this work? And if so is there a template available open source that I can load the edit in my particulars? Unfortunately I spent weeks trying to make freenas work so I'm now all mixed up:(

Edited by mrbilky

Still perplexed at this issue, so I was able to install the NAS onto my computer manually here's the strange part file explorer does not see it on my network but if I hit start, run and type in the network name bingo it shows up in the network list but once I closse the window and reopen its no longer there and I have to repeat. I did however pin it to quick launch so I guess in some ways that may be a better option, just strange and to compound the issue I was betting on it being me not knowing some network option needed to be enabled on my daily driver an R7 1800x but I fired up my R5 1600x and it too cannot see the NAS on my network so someday I'll stumble upon some setting involving my router/extender and poof it will just appear! 

network.png

55 minutes ago, mrbilky said:

Still perplexed at this issue, so I was able to install the NAS onto my computer manually here's the strange part file explorer does not see it on my network but if I hit start, run and type in the network name bingo it shows up in the network list but once I closse the window and reopen its no longer there and I have to repeat. I did however pin it to quick launch so I guess in some ways that may be a better option, just strange and to compound the issue I was betting on it being me not knowing some network option needed to be enabled on my daily driver an R7 1800x but I fired up my R5 1600x and it too cannot see the NAS on my network so someday I'll stumble upon some setting involving my router/extender and poof it will just appear! 

network.png

Might be one of these three possibilities that have happened to me to produce the same problem

1. What has happened to me when my master browser is off line.  If this is true for you then make sure you only have a single master browser on the network at a time and I would try to make sure it is the unRAID server.
  2. What has happened to me when my DHCP server is off line (my router) due to no signal from my cable company.  The router gets confused and no longer provides routes to other computers when it can't see a connection to the outside. 
  3. What has happened to me when I don't have network discovery turned on.  You might check to see if it is on for you Google it if you can't remember how to turn it on (like me I always turn it on when I first open explorer).

That's all I've got.