AER/PCIe Bus errors, PCIe pass through impossible

Similar to 

however, I was unable to solve the problem using the solution in above thread.

Just got my Ryzen Threadripper 1950x and related hardware in. Any GPU config of both my GPUs, and in any of the slots that I place them in, together or separate, results in this "AER: Multiple Corrected error received: id=0000", "PCIe Bus Error: severity=Corrected", etc. error spam to my log. I believe this is also the issue that is causing me to be unable to launch a windows VM with GPU pass-through, considering that the VM boots fine with VNC. The console displays fine through the GPU as well.

1950x

rog Zenith Extreme

128 Gb Ram

480 and 270x GPUs

v6.3.5, fresh install

I only have a few days until I will have to default to installing Windows 10 and dealing with it from there because I am moving, so help would be greatly appreciated. 

I should also note that I have contacted the motherboard manufacture because I partially suspect that BIOS support may be lacking, given the young age of the hardware. 

undeef-diagnostics-20170819-1913.zip

syslog.txt

For Ryzen/Threadripper, I'd try out v6.4.0-rc7a or newer because it contains a newer kernel and fixes for Ryzen in general.

I built a Threadripper machine a few days ago, with a MSI motherboard, but I'm dead in the water for any VM testing until MSI updates their BIOS to include a option to enable SVM.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, eschultz said:

For Ryzen/Threadripper, I'd try out v6.4.0-rc7a or newer because it contains a newer kernel and fixes for Ryzen in general.

I built a Threadripper machine a few days ago, with a MSI motherboard, but I'm dead in the water for any VM testing until MSI updates their BIOS to include a option to enable SVM.

I'm not sure if you've seen it yet, but MSI released a new Beta BIOS a couple of days ago that allows you to enable SVM.

• Upvote 2
10 hours ago, eschultz said:

eschultz, I'm operating under the assumption that you are using an MSI x399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC board. I found these beta BIOS that supports SVM and figured I'd share in hopes that some good would come of it: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=ao6is8d457d3unmi270ruvat34&topic=290931.0

With that being said, I can now provision VMs using v6.4.0-rc7a, but am unable to perform GPU passthrough. 
Best of luck, and please share your findings if you have any!

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, deef0000dragon1 said:

Did some more testing. Still haven't gotten up and running, but the errors in syslog are not related to what my graphics card configuration is as they happen if I have one or not. Literally talking to ASUS support right now. 

Could you go in to your BIOS and enable 'Above 4G decoding' to see if that makes a difference?