"/var/log is getting full" - confused newbie

DZMM

Your syslog appears to be full of ntpd related messages - not sure what is causing this.

i believe the .rec files are files that were recovered on the usb drive during checks carried out during the boot process.   If so they are probably not useful in themselves, but they would indicate that there has been corruption on the flash drive at some point and the log messages could be a side-effect.    I would suggest that at the very least you check your NTP server settings under Settings->Date and Time.

Things to do that you have control over:

- Settings - Scheduler - Mover Settings - Disable Mover logging.

- You've got a whack of wrong CSRF errors.  See here:  https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-545988

Things you don't have control over

- Python seems to be continually segfaulting.  Probably from something like SabNZBD.  Alternatively, you can switch to nzbGet which is faster and doesn't use Python.

You will have to reboot though to fix this.

7 minutes ago, Squid said:

Things to do that you have control over:

- Settings - Scheduler - Mover Settings - Disable Mover logging.

- You've got a whack of wrong CSRF errors.  See here:  https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-545988

Things you don't have control over

- Python seems to be continually segfaulting.  Probably from something like SabNZBD.  Alternatively, you can switch to nzbGet which is faster and doesn't use Python.

You will have to reboot though to fix this.

thanks.  the controllable items make sense and I can address those.

The constant python errors I'm not sure about - could be old SabNZBD errors as I switched to nzbGet about a month ago and I agree, it's so much faster and has features I really need like being able to search by category.