[Support] Djoss - CrashPlan PRO (aka CrashPlan for Small Business)

11 minutes ago, Djoss said:

In unRAID, go into container settings (click the container name from the Docker tab).  Then switch to Advanced View (toggle at the upper right).  You will now have an Edit button beside the "Storage" setting.  From there you can change the Access Mode to Read/Write.

Thank you.

Would there be any benefits to keep it on "read only" unless I want to restore some files?

Just a preface I'm new to unraid but have moderate experience with docker and linux. 

So I've used these app templates for most docker containers and they've been awesome but for some reason this template for crashplan-pro isn't working for me. It gets stuck starting the crashplan engine over and over again. 

I installed the plain docker container for the same crashplan-pro image and setup the variables etc myself and it seems to work perfectly so I can only assume something in this template must be causing this issue. 

Any idea of what this could be or how I could help troubleshoot this?

6 hours ago, Djoss said:

Using the template with default settings should work.  Are you using the Community Applications plugin to install the container?

Yeah so it was a clean install using community applications. I left everything default except for the locations of flash and my storage and adjusting the max ram it could use. When it didn't boot the first time (would load web interface but said it couldn't connect to crashplan service/engine) I looked at the logs and saw that it just kept trying to start the crashplan engine over and over again (80% of the log was full of attempts). I removed the max ram setting thinking maybe that was throwing it off but it still had the same behavior. 

I tried deleting the container and installing it again through community applications (after cleaning our the old appdata settings folder) and it still had the same behavior.

The only thing that got crashplan-pro working for me was to download the docker container directly from docker and setting up the variable and storage locations myself. It should be the exact same docker container so I'm really confused why the community applications "version" isn't working.

2 hours ago, Helmonder said:

For what it is worth: My crashplan docker is refusing to show the gui since somewhere today... Nothing has changed as far as I can recall.. I only get the top menu bar (File Edit View Tools, etc), and the bar does not respond when clicked on... Was functioning this morning..

If you look at the logs (just that button to the right of the container Title/Icon) is it showing something about trying to start the crashplan engine over and over again? This sounds a lot like what was happening to me is why I ask.

3 hours ago, Helmonder said:

For what it is worth: My crashplan docker is refusing to show the gui since somewhere today... Nothing has changed as far as I can recall.. I only get the top menu bar (File Edit View Tools, etc), and the bar does not respond when clicked on... Was functioning this morning..

So you have a blank area under the menu bar?  I would try to restart the container to see if it helps.

12 minutes ago, TechFireSide said:

Yeah so it was a clean install using community applications. I left everything default except for the locations of flash and my storage and adjusting the max ram it could use. When it didn't boot the first time (would load web interface but said it couldn't connect to crashplan service/engine) I looked at the logs and saw that it just kept trying to start the crashplan engine over and over again (80% of the log was full of attempts). I removed the max ram setting thinking maybe that was throwing it off but it still had the same behavior. 

I tried deleting the container and installing it again through community applications (after cleaning our the old appdata settings folder) and it still had the same behavior.

The only thing that got crashplan-pro working for me was to download the docker container directly from docker and setting up the variable and storage locations myself. It should be the exact same docker container so I'm really confused why the community applications "version" isn't working.

Look at log/engine_error.log and log/engine_output.log in your appdata to see if there is anything explaining why the engine is restarting.

15 minutes ago, Leifgg said:

Updated my CrashPlan Pro Docker today but it did not start up, GUI only shows a black screen and log is repeating "app starting CrashPlan...".

Any ideas on whats happening?

Crashplan.png

I'm fixing this and will provide an updated image.  During this time, you can run the following command to fix the issue:

docker exec CrashPlanPRO /usr/glibc-compat/sbin/ldconfig

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Djoss said:

Look at log/engine_error.log and log/engine_output.log in your appdata to see if there is anything explaining why the engine is restarting.

I just tried reinstalling it from community applications to get this for you (I had already deleted the non-working container) and it went straight to the Email prompt (aka working!). Not sure if you fixed something or if something changed on my system with me installing the docker container from "scratch" but the community applications version seems to be working for me now.

Thank you for the quick responses! The unraid community applications community is one of the primary reasons I went with unraid and so far I haven't been disappointed :)

14 hours ago, Djoss said:

I'm fixing this and will provide an updated image.  During this time, you can run the following command to fix the issue:

docker exec CrashPlanPRO /usr/glibc-compat/sbin/ldconfig

Updated to the latest image and everything is back to normal. Once again, Thanks!

2 hours ago, Helmonder said:

It is running but I see an error message now.. Maybe that was causing issues before also:

Application crashed because of lack of memory, incrrease crashplan_srv_max_mem.

How do I go about that ?

Edit the container like described here:

5a588111ed747_Memsettings.jpg.6389bbcdc7fb0b2f98f541e1dabf62eb.jpg

Should look like this:

Mem2.jpg.81ea3ac611d2e06b5220b850709c1cca.jpg

Now it does not continue starting but the error is back.. I will enlarge the memory  to 8192M

[app] starting CrashPlan for Small Business...
ERROR: CrashPlan for Small Business is running out of memory. The application crashed because of lack of memory. More memory needs to be allocated. This can be done via the CRASHPLAN_SRV_MAX_MEM environment variable.

Edited by Helmonder