[Support] Djoss - CrashPlan PRO (aka CrashPlan for Small Business)

Are you using default settings?  If the web UI is opening on port 5800 by default, it's either because the port mapping changed or the network mode changed.

I suggest that you remove the container and re-add it using default settings.  The only thing that you may have to adjust is the location of the appdata, if you changed it.

Thanks for that.

At least I got back in.

How long does it take for your files to show up?

Logging into CrashPlan on their site tells me I have 4.7TB stored.

The docker tells me I have 0 bytes.

Been almost a full day now.

If I go to Manage files and click one of the folders showing as missing it is empty.

If I go to "Get Files" Root/data is empty

I'm wondering if I just need to start over completely...

1 minute ago, Matt_G said:

Thanks for that.

At least I got back in.

How long does it take for your files to show up?

Logging into CrashPlan on their site tells me I have 4.7TB stored.

The docker tells me I have 0 bytes.

Been almost a full day now.

If I go to Manage files and click one of the folders showing as missing it is empty.

If I go to "Get Files" Root/data is empty

I'm wondering if I just need to start over completely...

Since your are coming from a different installation, did you re-selected the files that need to be backup?  Note that your files (with default settings) are under /storage.

Under storage I have /mnt/user

Do I need the trailing / ?

When I go into Manage files I have a list of all my folders that were being backed up.

The path shown to them is not /mnt/user but Root/data.

Anyways, if I click on one of those folders it shows as empty.

If I uncheck and recheck those folders, the app basically knows nothing has changed and the save button is greyed out. (non-clickable)

If I uncheck it and click save I get a warning that my archived files will be deleted from CrashPlan Central.

Needless to say I didn't do that. I backed out.

Edited by Matt_G
26 minutes ago, Matt_G said:

Under storage I have /mnt/user

Do I need the trailing / ?

When I go into Manage files I have a list of all my folders that were being backed up.

The path shown to them is not /mnt/user but Root/data.

Anyways, if I click on one of those folders it shows as empty.

If I uncheck and recheck those folders, the app basically knows nothing has changed and the save button is greyed out. (non-clickable)

If I uncheck it and click save I get a warning that my archived files will be deleted from CrashPlan Central.

Needless to say I didn't do that. I backed out.

Inside Crashplan, you have the folder /storage (you need to scroll down).  Do you see it?

• Like 1

Hey all, I have a small issue I wanted to bring up the community.  I am a bit of a n00b, so its possible that its something simple or stupid I am doing.  However, doing a few hours of research has still left me stumped.

Before I go on, I have to say thanks for putting together this Crashplan Pro docker.  I realize hours and hours of effort go into developing things like this.  I've had great success with Home and was happy to be able to migrate over to Pro since CP Home is bailing out on us.

My issue:  I tried a test restore of a few dockers in "appdata" and found that Crashplan Pro failed with a super ambiguous error message "- Uknown problem for /storage/appdata/"  All files and directories fail, so I just see this message over and over again (sample attached). 

A few notes:

1-  I did delete the teamspeak3 directory from appdata, so there were no file conflicts.

2-  When I did the restore, I selected the files from /storage/appdata/ and clicked the teamspeak3 directory

3-  I've tried this with different folders in /appdata all with the same results

4-  I did not see a permissions issue, but I am a noob so I can miss things - right now appdata is set 777 with nobody / users.

5-  When I restored from Crashplan Pro GUI - I selected to restore to the "Original Location" for destination / "Overwrite" for file conflicts / "Original" for file permissions.

It does work if I restore to /config - which is the default setting in CP Pro!

Any ideas?  I mean I can restore to /config and copy over, but I was wondering if I was doing something wrong.  I'd rather be able to restore to an original directory to restore.

Thanks in advance!

5a7e05e3dba20_CPProHistory.gif.b633021d9e16195fce614b5986745c0b.gif

On 2/4/2018 at 1:12 PM, Djoss said:

Inside Crashplan, you have the folder /storage (you need to scroll down).  Do you see it?

Thank you SO MUCH for this.  I was clicking on ROOT and then DATA and I would see my directories but would not see anything in them.  I came here to ask the same thing and happen to see your mention to look for /storage and the need to scroll down.  I think maybe this should be added to the migration insructions.  Even in the GitHub instructions. :)   Sounds simple enough right...But totally missed it as I could see the ROOT and DATA and the directories but could not see in them, so I thought something was wrong.   Totally missed/forgot that the path for this one was /storage and not /data.

Edited by David Bott

Hi there. I'm having an issue with my Crashplan backup since updating from 6.3.5 to 6.4.1 (not sure if it's related at all, but just adding a data point). The app seems to want to backup my entire backup set again, claiming only a few GBs are completed. I've tried clearing out the cache folder and even changing the `<dataDeDupAutoMaxFileSizeForWan>` value back to 0 in my.service.xml. After a (day and a half long) file scan it seems to right itself and continues uploading only unbacked up files but then the next time it does a 'Full filesystem scan' it falls over again and goes back to saying everything needs to be uploaded. Anyone with a similar issue?

1 hour ago, Moussekateer said:

Hi there. I'm having an issue with my Crashplan backup since updating from 6.3.5 to 6.4.1 (not sure if it's related at all, but just adding a data point). The app seems to want to backup my entire backup set again, claiming only a few GBs are completed. I've tried clearing out the cache folder and even changing the `<dataDeDupAutoMaxFileSizeForWan>` value back to 0 in my.service.xml. After a (day and a half long) file scan it seems to right itself and continues uploading only unbacked up files but then the next time it does a 'Full filesystem scan' it falls over again and goes back to saying everything needs to be uploaded. Anyone with a similar issue?

If you on the "Get Files" button for your devices, do you see all your files?

3 hours ago, Moussekateer said:

Hi @Djoss. I can confirm I can see all my files when I click 'Get Files'. The crashplan website also shows that my backup is still the full size I expect. Any logs or files I should post?

Then I would not be too concerned.  If all your files are in the cloud, there is no reason for CrashPlan to re-upload them again.

15 minutes ago, Djoss said:

Then I would not be too concerned.  If all your files are in the cloud, there is no reason for CrashPlan to re-upload them again.

Right, it shouldn't be uploading them again but it is :/ I can see it's uploading the files again verrrrry slowly (through the app logs and my network monitor), and at this rate it's going to take over a year to finish whatever it's doing. I'm not sure why it correctly scans and analyzes the files to be backed up after a fresh start but then starts over from the beginning on the next full scan. Perhaps this is a Crashplan issue and nothing to do with the docker image? Though the timing is suspect with the unRAID upgrade.

Edited by Moussekateer
8 hours ago, Moussekateer said:

Right, it shouldn't be uploading them again but it is :/ I can see it's uploading the files again verrrrry slowly (through the app logs and my network monitor), and at this rate it's going to take over a year to finish whatever it's doing. I'm not sure why it correctly scans and analyzes the files to be backed up after a fresh start but then starts over from the beginning on the next full scan. Perhaps this is a Crashplan issue and nothing to do with the docker image? Though the timing is suspect with the unRAID upgrade.

What you can do to remove the unRAID upgrade from the picture is to remove the container and its appdata.  Then you can start from a fresh installation and follow the instructions here:

https://github.com/jlesage/docker-crashplan-pro#taking-over-existing-backup

On 2/10/2018 at 5:22 PM, David Bott said:

Thank you SO MUCH for this.  I was clicking on ROOT and then DATA and I would see my directories but would not see anything in them.  I came here to ask the same thing and happen to see your mention to look for /storage and the need to scroll down.  I think maybe this should be added to the migration insructions.  Even in the GitHub instructions. :)   Sounds simple enough right...But totally missed it as I could see the ROOT and DATA and the directories but could not see in them, so I thought something was wrong.   Totally missed/forgot that the path for this one was /storage and not /data.

Point taken !

So /data was the location of your files in your old installation.  Nothing was marked as Missing under it?

So I just went through the process of switching over from Crashplan Home to Crashplan for Small Business. Went through the steps and I'm at the point now where I have everything set up, but due to the change in path I'm worried it will remove all my files from Crashplan Central and try to upload them again.

It is saying my backup set contains 979.6 GB (which sounds about right). But then it is saying the next backup has 256,000 files and 980 GB to do. I also noticed when I go into 'Get Files', all of my backed up files are there, but they are still under the old path /mnt/user. I had just gone through and selected them under /root/storage (the new path).

So will Crashplan know these are the same files? Or will it remove my current archive and re-upload everything?

47 minutes ago, ScoHo said:

So I just went through the process of switching over from Crashplan Home to Crashplan for Small Business. Went through the steps and I'm at the point now where I have everything set up, but due to the change in path I'm worried it will remove all my files from Crashplan Central and try to upload them again.

It is saying my backup set contains 979.6 GB (which sounds about right). But then it is saying the next backup has 256,000 files and 980 GB to do. I also noticed when I go into 'Get Files', all of my backed up files are there, but they are still under the old path /mnt/user. I had just gone through and selected them under /root/storage (the new path).

So will Crashplan know these are the same files? Or will it remove my current archive and re-upload everything?

So when you manage device's files, all files to be backup are selected both under your old and new paths? Then nothing should be re-uploaded.

4 hours ago, Djoss said:

But the folder are selected?

They were. But now I just went in to verify and there are no folders under /mnt anymore.

Incidentally, somehow my CrashPlan Pro Docker got enabled (I swear I disabled it) and the backup ran this morning and appears to have started the upload as if from scratch. It's already more than half done so I guess it's no big deal at this point. Thought it would take a lot longer to upload about 1 TB of data.

But is there anyway for me to go back to to original data set?

Edited by ScoHo