[Support] Djoss - CrashPlan PRO (aka CrashPlan for Small Business)

2 hours ago, RAINMAN said:

Thanks wierd.  I just checked mine and it expires after 1 year.  But is that price accurate?  it cant be...

Product Name Payment Method Price Auto Renewal Date Expiration Date
  CrashPlan for Small Business Migration (Details)  2.49 USD 9/13/2018 9/17/2018  

I think that is the monthly charge for a year.

This is what Crashplan offered for those of us on CP Home if we migrated the Small Business Plan:

"If you're a small business, freelancer or just getting your side hustle on, quickly move your data* into CrashPlan for Small Business for the remainder of your current subscription for free. After that, enjoy 75% off the regular price for the next 12 consecutive months. Get unlimited backup at an affordable monthly price and access our intuitive administration console for managing multiple users."

My CP Home subscription expired in November 2017.  They added two months for free - to January 2018.  Beginning in late January, they started charging me $2.49 per month (75% discount off the regular $10 per month) charge.  This price is good for 12 month, so, in January 2019, I will have to pay $10 a month to stay on the Small Business plan or migrate my data to another backup service.

Edited by Hoopster

How do you all handle file restores?  I tried one and it will not restore to orig file location, so it has to dump the restores to a folder I chose.  Is this how everyone does it?  The only issue is is if I do full restore, I have to dump it to the restore folder, then copy it back to orig location.  With 3TB of data, that would double my restore time.  

10 minutes ago, poopsie said:

How do you all handle file restores?  I tried one and it will not restore to orig file location, so it has to dump the restores to a folder I chose.  Is this how everyone does it?  The only issue is is if I do full restore, I have to dump it to the restore folder, then copy it back to orig location.  With 3TB of data, that would double my restore time.  

See https://github.com/jlesage/docker-crashplan-pro#cannot-restore-files

Basically, edit the container's settings, toggle to the "Advanced view", edit the "Storage" setting and change the access mode the read/write.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, poopsie said:

Ahh, there it is.  Is there a reason that it is Read Only?  Or is it safe to turn it to RW?

It’s just to not give permissions that are not needed to the container.  This way, you are assured that the container can’t touch in any way to your data.

Was doing some maintenance and upgraded to 6.5.0 this evening. No problems and running smoothly there. Updated CrashPlan PRO to latest version and that worked fine. I triggered a plugin I have "CA Cleanup Appdata". I thought it was cleaning up an old, abandoned version of CP. I went to verify CP was still working and the GUI shows local client as "Initial backup not started". What!? I think it just wiped the local client data. Grrrrr. I've stopped the container for now. Next steps? Can I readopt my previous client? I don't want to do a full backup again of 12TB.

7 hours ago, snowboardjoe said:

Was doing some maintenance and upgraded to 6.5.0 this evening. No problems and running smoothly there. Updated CrashPlan PRO to latest version and that worked fine. I triggered a plugin I have "CA Cleanup Appdata". I thought it was cleaning up an old, abandoned version of CP. I went to verify CP was still working and the GUI shows local client as "Initial backup not started". What!? I think it just wiped the local client data. Grrrrr. I've stopped the container for now. Next steps? Can I readopt my previous client? I don't want to do a full backup again of 12TB.

You have nothing to worry about, it will resync everything when you readopt.  You may need to log out, and log in again so it can readopt everything.  I have done that a few times, and have never had to reupload my stuff.  It will start out slow and look like it is reuploading, but after indexing is done, it will cruise pretty quick after that.

3 hours ago, poopsie said:

You have nothing to worry about, it will resync everything when you readopt.  You may need to log out, and log in again so it can readopt everything.  I have done that a few times, and have never had to reupload my stuff.  It will start out slow and look like it is reuploading, but after indexing is done, it will cruise pretty quick after that.

There is no option I can see on logging out or adoption options. Right now it's synchronizing block information and comparing to destination. Will it sort itself out later on or is there a step I need to take to make sure it adopts the previous client?

4 minutes ago, snowboardjoe said:

There is no option I can see on logging out or adoption options. Right now it's synchronizing block information and comparing to destination. Will it sort itself out later on or is there a step I need to take to make sure it adopts the previous client?

Note that when CrashPlan is upgraded to a different version, its local cache is cleared.  This means that CP will do a re-synchronization.

The adoption thing is when you start with a fresh install and you want to take over an existing backup.  This doesn't seem to be your case.

1 minute ago, josh.m83 said:

Is there a guide on how to setup the CrashPlan Pro Docker container to back up my array? Not able to see any of my array / disks within the web app. Thanks!

Have you setup Dockers before?  If not, I would go to Youtube and search for Space Invader 1 videos about Unraid.  He does a few Docker ones in there, and once you have a the hang of doing them, they are easy.  You will need to map your users/drives (Whatever you are backing up) to the Storage location when you edit the docker.  Then, once you open Crashplan and tell it what you are backing up, you select "Storage" and you will see your drives/shares under that.  Like I said, if you have not done this before, what I just wrote won't make a lot of sense.

3 minutes ago, poopsie said:

Have you setup Dockers before?  If not, I would go to Youtube and search for Space Invader 1 videos about Unraid.  He does a few Docker ones in there, and once you have a the hang of doing them, they are easy.  You will need to map your users/drives (Whatever you are backing up) to the Storage location when you edit the docker.  Then, once you open Crashplan and tell it what you are backing up, you select "Storage" and you will see your drives/shares under that.  Like I said, if you have not done this before, what I just wrote won't make a lot of sense.

Yeah I have, I've got a bunch of containers setup and running. I'll try and replicate what I've done in other containers I guess. Just want to make sure I get the right config.

I've got default setup as described in SpaceInvader's videos for the unraid setup video 1-3.

Ah, I just found the section to add a backup set, I was just browsing the current back up of the root / config. I see the section to browse the file system now. All is good, thank  you.

Edited by josh.m83
3 minutes ago, josh.m83 said:

Yeah I have, I've got a bunch of containers setup and running. I'll try and replicate what I've done in other containers I guess. Just want to make sure I get the right config.

I've got default setup as described in SpaceInvader's videos for the unraid setup video 1-3.

Good, then you will have no problems.  I set my /mnt/user to the storage, then in CP I choose what I want to backup.  The only other thing I found earlier in this thread is to recover the files back to original location, you need to go to advanced view in the docker settings.  Then click edit next to storage, and change it to RW, instead of read only.  

Edited by poopsie
4 minutes ago, poopsie said:

Good, then you will have no problems.  I set my /mnt/user to the storage, then in CP I choose what I want to backup.  The only other thing I found earlier in this thread is to recover the files back to original location, you need to go to advanced view in the docker settings.  Then click edit next to storage, and change it to RW, instead of read only.  

Scratch that, the only thing I can see is the root... I need to figure out how to actually browse "storage" I can't actually see it in the interface for some reason.

cp1.PNG

cp2.PNG

1 minute ago, josh.m83 said:

Scratch that, the only thing I can see is the root... I need to figure out how to actually browse "storage" I can't actually see it in the interface for some reason.

cp1.PNG

cp2.PNG

As weird and easy as this sounds, and I say this from experience as I had the same issue when first installed.  Have you clicked on the word "ROOT" to see if it expands?  It doesn't look like it should, but it will.  

3 minutes ago, poopsie said:

As weird and easy as this sounds, and I say this from experience as I had the same issue when first installed.  Have you clicked on the word "ROOT" to see if it expands?  It doesn't look like it should, but it will.  

Yeah, it expands, but I don't see "storage" anywhere to be found within, can't browse my unRAID array at all.

cp3.PNG

Edited by josh.m83

I am getting a warning about 75% of max memory being used. Only actively backing up ~500GB of data with this.

Just to note I installed this container fresh and setup all new backups for this server, I did not migrate from anything else.

This is the first time I've seen this error since setting it up about 4 months ago.

2018-04-27 08_38_22-CrashPlan for Small Business.png

11 hours ago, CorneliousJD said:

I am getting a warning about 75% of max memory being used. Only actively backing up ~500GB of data with this.

Just to note I installed this container fresh and setup all new backups for this server, I did not migrate from anything else.

This is the first time I've seen this error since setting it up about 4 months ago.

2018-04-27 08_38_22-CrashPlan for Small Business.png

This is not a problem for now.  It's just an early warning to inform users about CP memory usage.  Memory usage increases with the amount of data to backup.  So over time, you can get some pop-up like this one.

On 4/27/2018 at 8:32 PM, Djoss said:

This is not a problem for now.  It's just an early warning to inform users about CP memory usage.  Memory usage increases with the amount of data to backup.  So over time, you can get some pop-up like this one.

Awesome, thanks for confirming!

The container works great and I'm loving it, makes backups so easy and have successfully restored after losing my entire cache drive too. Couldn't be happier with it!

Is anyone having trouble with the size of their cache folder inside of appdata?

.../appdata/CrashPlanPRO/cache/ grew to over 30 Gb and I had to empty it to get my dockers to start again because it filled the unassigned drive i was running them on.

Now its been running for a week or so and the cache folder is up to 33G again, and my drive is almost out of space.

root@ur01:/mnt/disks/ssd1/appdata/CrashPlanPRO/cache# du -h
322M    ./42/cpbf0000000000000000000
33G    ./42
33G

Is there anything I can do?

4 hours ago, daemian said:

Is anyone having trouble with the size of their cache folder inside of appdata?

.../appdata/CrashPlanPRO/cache/ grew to over 30 Gb and I had to empty it to get my dockers to start again because it filled the unassigned drive i was running them on.

Now its been running for a week or so and the cache folder is up to 33G again, and my drive is almost out of space.

root@ur01:/mnt/disks/ssd1/appdata/CrashPlanPRO/cache# du -h
322M    ./42/cpbf0000000000000000000
33G    ./42
33G

Is there anything I can do?

How much data do you backup?