[Support] Djoss - CrashPlan PRO (aka CrashPlan for Small Business)

I started using this yesterday with the one month trial.

It seemed to be working fine and I left it backing up overnight.

This morning I couldn't access the GUI. The was a message similar to 'could not connect to background task'.

I restarted the docker and could then connect but it's now telling me that I've never backed up.

When I checked on the crashplan website and it's now showing two devices with the same name. 

tKxK2vq.png

This isn't a great start and I'm not sure what the best option is to continue. Do I replace one device with the other or add as a new device? If I replace the device what options should I be choosing when it asks about transferring files?

32 minutes ago, bremen1874 said:

I started using this yesterday with the one month trial.

It seemed to be working fine and I left it backing up overnight.

This morning I couldn't access the GUI. The was a message similar to 'could not connect to background task'.

I restarted the docker and could then connect but it's now telling me that I've never backed up.

When I checked on the crashplan website and it's now showing two devices with the same name. 

tKxK2vq.png

This isn't a great start and I'm not sure what the best option is to continue. Do I replace one device with the other or add as a new device? If I replace the device what options should I be choosing when it asks about transferring files?

How did you configured the container?  Did you kept default settings?

I would suggest that you delete the first device on your account (the one with 0MB stored).  Then, following this guide to take over the existing backup: https://github.com/jlesage/docker-crashplan-pro#taking-over-existing-backup

34 minutes ago, Djoss said:

How did you configured the container?  Did you kept default settings?

I would suggest that you delete the first device on your account (the one with 0MB stored).  Then, following this guide to take over the existing backup: https://github.com/jlesage/docker-crashplan-pro#taking-over-existing-backup

Default setting.

I did change the CrashPlanPRO share 'Use cache disk' to Yes to get rid of the error/warning when I ran Fix Common Problems.

Following your instructions it's now back up and running. Thanks.

Hi guys, 

Need help with this.  I just installed the docker using the community apps plugin.  Everything install fine, but I am unable to open the WebGUI.  If I pull up the console it says "Error response from daemon: Container d63f5ea6eaf197977df7a2ffcaffe850f0a7d18fe79ada89d3f315c542bf1c62 is not running"

I had the older version of unRAID 6.3.5 and I just upgrade to unRAID 6.5.3

8 hours ago, Confused said:

Hi guys, 

Need help with this.  I just installed the docker using the community apps plugin.  Everything install fine, but I am unable to open the WebGUI.  If I pull up the console it says "Error response from daemon: Container d63f5ea6eaf197977df7a2ffcaffe850f0a7d18fe79ada89d3f315c542bf1c62 is not running"

I had the older version of unRAID 6.3.5 and I just upgrade to unRAID 6.5.3

Have you the issue after refreshing the page?  Maybe the container stops itself right after starting it?   You can also look at the container’s log to see if there is anything useful.

15 hours ago, Djoss said:

Have you the issue after refreshing the page?  Maybe the container stops itself right after starting it?   You can also look at the container’s log to see if there is anything useful.

I found it.  Looked at the log as suggested and found the error was that I specified the max memory of 4096 but was missing the M for megabyte.  Thanks for the suggestion

9 hours ago, Confused said:

I found it.  Looked at the log as suggested and found the error was that I specified the max memory of 4096 but was missing the M for megabyte.  Thanks for the suggestion

Yeah, this is a common configuration error.  Great that you are now up and running!

OK, so I'm a bit of a noob with unRAID and dockers and still finding my way around. I already have CPP working on my desktop; I migrated some 6 months ago from home and all is peachy. 

I've installed the CrashPlanPro docker, made changes to memory (upped to 5120m), it now starts, but I can't log in. The password is correct (I've tried it on the CP site)

I've chatted with Code42 guys, did a netcast test to ports 443 and 4287 on their servers (which passed), so they say that everything is ok their end. I've reinstalled the docker a couple of times, with the same result each time (I also deleted the /mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlanPro folder each time before installation).

Folder ownership of contents of /mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlanPRO is all set to nobody:users.

my.services.xml "authority" grep is <authority address="central.crashplanpro.com:443" hideAddress="true" lockAddress="true"/>

I'm getting quite wound up about this now, any suggestions about fixing any simple setting that I may have overlooked would be greatly appreciated

Unfortunately, the rest has not been plain sailing. When logging into my account and following the instructions to take over existing backup, very few of my files are present and the folder structure in the Manage Files section does not contain many of the the contents of the mapped location, so I can't add them to the selection. 

I copied across from my old desktop to /mnt/user all the data that I previously backed on the desktop and I more or less kept the folder structure. I should have about 1.3 tb in one set, instead I have less than 4MB. The folder /storage doesn't show in the folder list under root in the Manage Files section. The only time I could see /storage was when I looked to restore files.

I could not see the ext hdd when attempting to restore from disk, so I mapped it to /mnt. This was found in device preferences, but when I tried to access it, I got an error saying the archive was missing and the location was not accessible. 

The integrity of my data is still ok, I have it all on the original desktop. When I go back to the desktop and transfer CrashPlan there, it all works fine and all the file structure is fully in place and non of my data is missing. It is also able to see the hard drive backup archive and read/write to it.

I have installed and removed this container many times to no avail. Please someone tell me what I've been doing wrong.Screenshot_20180717_045415.thumb.png.cd79c1787cc5db437060c7be04bb4a6d.png

Screenshot_20180717_045512.png

Screenshot_20180717_045603.png

5 hours ago, Boyturtle said:

Unfortunately, the rest has not been plain sailing. When logging into my account and following the instructions to take over existing backup, very few of my files are present and the folder structure in the Manage Files section does not contain many of the the contents of the mapped location, so I can't add them to the selection. 

I copied across from my old desktop to /mnt/user all the data that I previously backed on the desktop and I more or less kept the folder structure. I should have about 1.3 tb in one set, instead I have less than 4MB. The folder /storage doesn't show in the folder list under root in the Manage Files section. The only time I could see /storage was when I looked to restore files.

I could not see the ext hdd when attempting to restore from disk, so I mapped it to /mnt. This was found in device preferences, but when I tried to access it, I got an error saying the archive was missing and the location was not accessible. 

The integrity of my data is still ok, I have it all on the original desktop. When I go back to the desktop and transfer CrashPlan there, it all works fine and all the file structure is fully in place and non of my data is missing. It is also able to see the hard drive backup archive and read/write to it.

I have installed and removed this container many times to no avail. Please someone tell me what I've been doing wrong.Screenshot_20180717_045415.thumb.png.cd79c1787cc5db437060c7be04bb4a6d.png

Screenshot_20180717_045512.png

Screenshot_20180717_045603.png

When accessing the "Manage  Files" section, all your files should be under "/storage".

Of course it is. What a doofus I am. Too little sleep and too much going on make me do silly mistakes!

Thanks for the pointer.

Have you any idea how I can get the container to mount the ext hdd? I've mapped the /media drive to /mnt/disks. When I go to Device Preferences>Destinations and click on the drive to change location, it sees the drive in the dialogue box  (and sometimes sees the backup archive, but not always), but after selecting the drive, it still shows as archive missing as per the above screen grab.

7 hours ago, Boyturtle said:

Of course it is. What a doofus I am. Too little sleep and too much going on make me do silly mistakes!

Thanks for the pointer.

You are not alone, the interface is not really clear and it's not obvious to see that the page can be scrolled.

7 hours ago, Boyturtle said:

Have you any idea how I can get the container to mount the ext hdd? I've mapped the /media drive to /mnt/disks. When I go to Device Preferences>Destinations and click on the drive to change location, it sees the drive in the dialogue box  (and sometimes sees the backup archive, but not always), but after selecting the drive, it still shows as archive missing as per the above screen grab.

Did you configured your mapping (of /mnt/disks) in RW/Slave mode?

I didn't originally, but Fix Common Problems plugin brought it up as an error for me, so I changed it. It still didn't work after this. 

Just in case cache was causing the issue, I stopped the container and cleared it before starting the container again, but this didn't work either. 

In Device Preferences>Destinations, I thought I might delete the archive on that ext hdd and start again, but the app would not let me delete it. Briefly after this, the hard drive was visible on the main page and began to sync, but then returned with the same error of Archive missing- backup location not available.

Did you configured your mapping (of /mnt/disks) in RW/Slave mode?

1 hour ago, Boyturtle said:

I didn't originally, but Fix Common Problems plugin brought it up as an error for me, so I changed it. It still didn't work after this. 

Just in case cache was causing the issue, I stopped the container and cleared it before starting the container again, but this didn't work either. 

In Device Preferences>Destinations, I thought I might delete the archive on that ext hdd and start again, but the app would not let me delete it. Briefly after this, the hard drive was visible on the main page and began to sync, but then returned with the same error of Archive missing- backup location not available.

So maybe a permission issue on the external hdd?  Verify permissions with "ls -l /mnt/disk/...".

Also, you can check /mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlanPRO/log/service.log.0 for errors that may help.

Ownership was set to root:root. I changed it recursively to nobody:users, changed the destination in Device Preferences>Destinations and it is now block syncing. Hooray!! 

Although it seems to be working correctly now, can you please confirm that these permissions settings are correct?

Thanks for the heads up and guidance btw, it's really appreciated :-)

2 hours ago, Boyturtle said:

Although it seems to be working correctly now, can you please confirm that these permissions settings are correct? 

Yes they are.

2 hours ago, Boyturtle said:

Thanks for the heads up and guidance btw, it's really appreciated ? 

You are welcome!

• Like 1

I'm trialing this at the moment and I've backed up multiple folders and thousands of files.

According to the GUI I've got 20 files (183MB) remaining that it won't backup.

Is there an easy way to find out which files it's referring to?

Thanks.

Edited by bremen1874
1 hour ago, bremen1874 said:

I'm trialing this at the moment and I've backed up multiple folders and thousands of files.

According to the GUI I've got 20 files (183MB) remaining that it won't backup.

Is there an easy way to find out which files it's referring to?

Thanks.

Did you look at the history (Tools->History)?

1 hour ago, bremen1874 said:

I'd looked in History->Tools but didn't find anything useful

Rt09GT4.png

Those last files refuse to backup and I don't know which ones they are.

Ok then I would check to the log file located at '/mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlanPRO/log/service.log.0'.