[Support] Djoss - CrashPlan PRO (aka CrashPlan for Small Business)

1 hour ago, Dark Helmet said:

Not sure what's happening, looking at my logs and the Engine just keeps trying to run.  I have restarted the docker, the server, removed the docker and reinstalled today but no luck.  The GUI just gives the spinning circle of doom and says "Code42 cannot connect to its background service."  Any ideas on how to get it going?

image.png.af30da60b0dec0bf1e5ba8e1209676aa.png

Look at /mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlanPRO/log/engine_error.log and /mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlanPRO/log/engine_output.log

Maybe the engine needs more memory?

2 hours ago, Djoss said:

Look at /mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlanPRO/log/engine_error.log and /mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlanPRO/log/engine_output.log

Maybe the engine needs more memory?

engine_error just has this repeated forever:

[main] INFO org.reflections.Reflections - Reflections took 1147 ms to scan 19 urls, producing 1513 keys and 7512 values
[main] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.util.log - Logging initialized @5182ms
[main] INFO org.reflections.Reflections - Reflections took 1114 ms to scan 19 urls, producing 1513 keys and 7512 values
[main] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.util.log - Logging initialized @5512ms
[main] INFO org.reflections.Reflections - Reflections took 1180 ms to scan 19 urls, producing 1513 keys and 7512 values
[main] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.util.log - Logging initialized @6430ms
[main] INFO org.reflections.Reflections - Reflections took 1205 ms to scan 19 urls, producing 1513 keys and 7512 values
[main] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.util.log - Logging initialized @6039ms

and the engine_output has nothing in it.

On 3/6/2019 at 11:40 PM, Dark Helmet said:

engine_error just has this repeated forever:

[main] INFO org.reflections.Reflections - Reflections took 1147 ms to scan 19 urls, producing 1513 keys and 7512 values
[main] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.util.log - Logging initialized @5182ms
[main] INFO org.reflections.Reflections - Reflections took 1114 ms to scan 19 urls, producing 1513 keys and 7512 values
[main] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.util.log - Logging initialized @5512ms
[main] INFO org.reflections.Reflections - Reflections took 1180 ms to scan 19 urls, producing 1513 keys and 7512 values
[main] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.util.log - Logging initialized @6430ms
[main] INFO org.reflections.Reflections - Reflections took 1205 ms to scan 19 urls, producing 1513 keys and 7512 values
[main] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.util.log - Logging initialized @6039ms

and the engine_output has nothing in it.

And in service.log.0, do you have something more useful?

I am getting the attached screenshot after a few minutes of it running and showing something.  It appears to still be sending data, but I am slowly adding large directory one at a time to the backup and I have to use docker kill && docker start from the CLI to be able to add a new directory.  Any logs you need to see?

2019-03-14_11-30-08.png

6 hours ago, shaunmccloud said:

I am getting the attached screenshot after a few minutes of it running and showing something.  It appears to still be sending data, but I am slowly adding large directory one at a time to the backup and I have to use docker kill && docker start from the CLI to be able to add a new directory.  Any logs you need to see?

2019-03-14_11-30-08.png

Is this glitch occur while navigating in the UI?

BTW, you can click File->Exit to restart only the UI.  This should be faster than restarting the container.

Next issue I'm having is once or twice a day my system becomes unresponsive (normally noticed when a Plex video stops streaming).  Logging in via SSH and using top shows an IO wait average of 70%+.  Stopping my CrashPlan container resolves the issue.  Restarting it makes it ok for a few minutes then it happens again.  I don't care if it happens, but I'd prefer it happen at 2-3am and not 8pm.

13 hours ago, shaunmccloud said:

Next issue I'm having is once or twice a day my system becomes unresponsive (normally noticed when a Plex video stops streaming).  Logging in via SSH and using top shows an IO wait average of 70%+.  Stopping my CrashPlan container resolves the issue.  Restarting it makes it ok for a few minutes then it happens again.  I don't care if it happens, but I'd prefer it happen at 2-3am and not 8pm.

What CrashPlan is doing exactly during this time?  If it's the verification scan, you can set the time at which it is performed via your console: https://www.crashplan.com/console

On 3/20/2019 at 6:40 AM, Djoss said:

What CrashPlan is doing exactly during this time?  If it's the verification scan, you can set the time at which it is performed via your console: https://www.crashplan.com/console

I'm not sure, I can't normally connect via VNC when it occurs.  I'll check the verification scan settings in my console.  Happening now, got a VNC connection and I can't get File->Exit to work to reload the interface. 

From the CLI & top, it appears this command is the one using the IO.

30254 app      11:28 /usr/local/crashplan/jre/bin/java -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Xmx7168m -Dapp=CrashPlanService -DappBaseName=CrashPlan -Xms20m -Dsun.net.inetaddr.ttl=300 -Dnetworkaddress.cache.ttl=300 -Dsun.net.inetaddr.negative.ttl=0 -Dnetworkaddress.cache.negative.ttl=0 -Dc42.native.md5.enabled=false -classpath /usr/local/crashplan/lib/com.backup42.desktop.jar:/usr/local/crashplan/lang:/usr/local/crashplan com.backup42.service.CPService

Edited by shaunmccloud
  • 2 weeks later...

I just installed this so I can backup my media, but can’t seem to see my media directory in the GUI. I see the root contents and directories, but nothing else. I have /storage mapped I the app to /mnt/user/Media, but I don’t see it in the GUI either. What am I doing wrong here?

and I have successfully backed up flash and config so I know that’s working at least. 

23 minutes ago, bremen1874 said:

When I started with this I needed to scroll down in the GUI to see the complete list of folders, which wasn't obvious at first.

Wow. I feel like an idiot. I didn’t even notice the scroll bar on directory listing. Thanks for that. All good now. 

Last stupid question. Now that I found the mount and selected it, all my drives are spun up. Will they all stay up for as long as it takes to back up or will unused drives spin down? Cause if they’re for no to stay up I don’t think it’s going to be a good idea to backup 7TB online. I know it’s going to take quite a while. 

Or or should I be backing this up at the disk level instead of one huge share? Honestly not sure. 

Edited by acurcione
43 minutes ago, acurcione said:

Last stupid question. Now that I found the mount and selected it, all my drives are spun up. Will they all stay up for as long as it takes to back up or will unused drives spin down? Cause if they’re for no to stay up I don’t think it’s going to be a good idea to backup 7TB online. I know it’s going to take quite a while. 

Or or should I be backing this up at the disk level instead of one huge share? Honestly not sure. 

Apparently I can’t backup per disk. Trying to create a path in the setup breaks it completely. Back way I had it working now!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm running into an issue where the docker UI goes blank whenever I try to change this setting:

Backup Set > Settings > Change Backup Schedule > Only run between specified times

Every time I click on that radio button the UI disappears and I'm left with a white screen. The only way I've found to see the UI again is to choose File > Exit which seems to restart the app? It's happened before but I can't remember the setting. It feels like it could have something to do with the number of popup windows that the app is trying to show?

blank UI.png

17 hours ago, unRaide said:

Hi, I'm running into an issue where the docker UI goes blank whenever I try to change this setting:

Backup Set > Settings > Change Backup Schedule > Only run between specified times

Every time I click on that radio button the UI disappears and I'm left with a white screen. The only way I've found to see the UI again is to choose File > Exit which seems to restart the app? It's happened before but I can't remember the setting. It feels like it could have something to do with the number of popup windows that the app is trying to show?

blank UI.png

As a workaround, you can change this setting through the console at www.crashplan.com/console

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2019 at 4:24 PM, stchas said:

I received a message from CrashPlan that it has been unable to back up for 3-1/2 days.  History log looks like:

image.png.d0f2cb5891b411e65115e1428c561c58.png

Does the CrashPlan docker need to be upgraded to fix this problem?

Try to update the docker image to see if it helps.

• 4 weeks later...

hi there im just wondering about using your docker for crashplan as i haven't got a suable offsite backup yet. what does the docker template look like? guess i add the folder share i want to backup stuff from to crashplan? also what is restore like? can i select a whole folder click restore and wait for it to download?

So I did the latest CP update last weekend (been busy hence why only getting on now) and ever since, I get "Execution Error - Server Errror" when I try to start the service. It just will not run.

I tried restarting Docker. I tried removing and re-adding Crashplan. I tried deleting my docker.img file and reloading everything. I tried force update. Nothing has worked.

Any help?

On 5/17/2019 at 7:36 AM, thehacker said:

hi there im just wondering about using your docker for crashplan as i haven't got a suable offsite backup yet. what does the docker template look like? guess i add the folder share i want to backup stuff from to crashplan? also what is restore like? can i select a whole folder click restore and wait for it to download?

When using the default template settings, all your data will be available under "/storage" in CrashPlan.  You just need to select what you want to backup.

For the restore part, yes you can select what you want to restore, folder(s) or file(s).

On 5/18/2019 at 12:30 PM, J.R. said:

So I did the latest CP update last weekend (been busy hence why only getting on now) and ever since, I get "Execution Error - Server Errror" when I try to start the service. It just will not run.

I tried restarting Docker. I tried removing and re-adding Crashplan. I tried deleting my docker.img file and reloading everything. I tried force update. Nothing has worked.

Any help?

Normally this is fixed by clearing your browser's cache.

On 5/20/2019 at 7:55 AM, Djoss said:

Normally this is fixed by clearing your browser's cache.

I tried clearing Chrome's browser cache and it still has the same "Execution Error" when I try to start CP. Is there another step? Do I need to restart Docker after or something?

Is there a way to perhaps revert to the previous version, pre-update, before I started having issues?

Just tried re-installing and I'm getting this error:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='CrashPlanPRO' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'USER_ID'='99' -e 'GROUP_ID'='100' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'APP_NICENESS'='' -e 'DISPLAY_WIDTH'='1280' -e 'DISPLAY_HEIGHT'='768' -e 'SECURE_CONNECTION'='0' -e 'X11VNC_EXTRA_OPTS'='' -e 'CRASHPLAN_SRV_MAX_MEM'='4096M' -p '7810:5800/tcp' -p '7910:5900/tcp' -v '/mnt/user':'/storage':'ro' -v '/boot':'/flash':'ro' -v '/mnt/disks/1TB Backup 02/Backup 02/':'/1TB Backup 02/Backup 02':'rw,slave' -v '/mnt/disks/2TB Backup 01/Backup 01/':'/2TB Backup 01/Backup 01':'rw,slave' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlanPRO':'/config':'rw' 'jlesage/crashplan-pro' 

eace45a380b2a482aebb8a33230268bdb6777d694cbfecd57afd54953e5f0395
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: error while creating mount source path '/mnt/disks/1TB Backup 02/Backup 02': mkdir /mnt/disks/1TB Backup 02: file exists.

Looks like my external drives aren't mounting and that's maybe causing the issue. Now I need to figure out why they're not mounting...

Deleted them from my CP  settings and now CP's loaded fine...don't know how/why my external drives won't mount but at least I can backup to cloud now.

Edited by J.R.