[Support] Djoss - CrashPlan PRO (aka CrashPlan for Small Business)

8 hours ago, razierklinge said:

Too late :( I contacted them last week and he said without any prompting from me that he could see I'm running the app in an unsupported version of Linux and that I would need to run it from a supported OS before he could provide any support.

Did you tell you which version of Linux you were running?

Could you provide the output of the following command:

grep -w OS /mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlanPRO/log/app.log /mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlanPRO/log/service.log

9 hours ago, Djoss said:

Did you tell you which version of Linux you were running?

Could you provide the output of the following command:

grep -w OS /mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlanPRO/log/app.log /mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlanPRO/log/service.log

This is what the support said:

When reviewing your device details it appears that you are running Linux version 4.19.56.

CrashPlan for Small Business currently supports the following distributions of Linux:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4

Ubuntu 18.04

Ubuntu 16.04

Ubuntu 14.04

Output of the command:

/mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlanPRO/log/app.log:OS = Linux (4.19.56, amd64)
/mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlanPRO/log/service.log:[08.30.19 22:38:57.446 INFO  main         up42.common.config.ServiceConfig] ServiceConfig::   OS = Linux
/mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlanPRO/log/service.log:[08.30.19 22:38:57.831 INFO  main         om.code42.utils.SystemProperties] OS=Linux (4.19.56, amd64)

7 hours ago, razierklinge said:

This is what the support said:

When reviewing your device details it appears that you are running Linux version 4.19.56.

CrashPlan for Small Business currently supports the following distributions of Linux:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4

Ubuntu 18.04

Ubuntu 16.04

Ubuntu 14.04

Thanks, very useful.  I will provide a new image that should hopefully help not being kick out by their support team :)

Hi everyone, I'm having trouble getting my Crashplan Pro docker to connect. When I login it just says 'unable to sign-in'. Crashplan Pro works fine on my main PC and the same network. I think it may be an internal port conflict. I have a few other docker services running (see attached). Anyone know if this can be a problem or how to fix it?

Unraid Ports.PNG

2 hours ago, JohnyClassic said:

Hi everyone, I'm having trouble getting my Crashplan Pro docker to connect. When I login it just says 'unable to sign-in'. Crashplan Pro works fine on my main PC and the same network. I think it may be an internal port conflict. I have a few other docker services running (see attached). Anyone know if this can be a problem or how to fix it?

Unraid Ports.PNG

You port mappings seem incorrect... try to re-install the container with the default settings.

On 9/2/2019 at 8:08 PM, Djoss said:

CrashPlan is slow... is you backup still stuck?

No, the GUI doesn't need to be opened.

Thanks! I eventually just let it run and closed it because I felt it was an obvious no the console doesn’t need to be open as it wouldn’t make sense. I haven’t had it stuck anymore! Thank you!

On 9/5/2019 at 9:20 AM, Djoss said:

So update to the latest Docker image and run the following commands:

docker stop CrashPlanPRO
mv /mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlanPRO/log /mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlanPRO/log.old
docker start CrashPlanPRO

Wait a few hours and try to contact the support team again.

So what I ended up doing was creating an Ubuntu VM on my regular home PC and installed Crashplan there. At first it seemed like I was running into the same problem during the sign-in process, but I restarted the CrashplanEngine and then was able to login successfully and the backup started running.

I suppose this means there is something going on with my Unraid server's configuration that is causing this problem of being unable to connect/backup. Looking at @Spritzup's message above, I realized I have a PiHole docker running that maps port 443. Is this potentially a commonality between those of us having issues connecting to Crashplan? It just seems strange that I've had this setup for a while now without any problems until recently.

On 9/17/2019 at 6:18 PM, Spritzup said:

I suspect I know what the issue is, but my CrashPlanPro is stuck at "Waiting for Connection".  I'm also running the "LetsEncrypt" container on my box which has port 443 forward to it.  I'm guessing it' some sort of conflict?

Thanks for any help.

~Spritz

12 hours ago, razierklinge said:

Looking at @Spritzup's message above, I realized I have a PiHole docker running that maps port 443. Is this potentially a commonality between those of us having issues connecting to Crashplan?

I also have a something serving on port 443 and don't have the issue.  CrashPlan is not using port 443 has an inbound port...

12 hours ago, razierklinge said:

So what I ended up doing was creating an Ubuntu VM on my regular home PC and installed Crashplan there. At first it seemed like I was running into the same problem during the sign-in process, but I restarted the CrashplanEngine and then was able to login successfully and the backup started running.

Did you started the backup as a new device?  If yes you could try the same thing on onRAID to see if this make the difference.

On 9/19/2019 at 2:28 AM, Djoss said:

Did you started the backup as a new device?  If yes you could try the same thing on onRAID to see if this make the difference.

I did a replace and did not start a new device. This worked on my home PC's Ubuntu. I then created a VM with my unraid server using the same Ubuntu version. Got stuck in the same place as the Crashplan docker does, while trying to re-sign in after going through the replace device prompts. The logs show the same errors that I posted earlier in the thread, with connections being dropped/closed. So there is definitely something unique about how unraid is configured that is making Crashplan break.

On 9/23/2019 at 12:16 PM, razierklinge said:

I did a replace and did not start a new device. This worked on my home PC's Ubuntu. I then created a VM with my unraid server using the same Ubuntu version. Got stuck in the same place as the Crashplan docker does, while trying to re-sign in after going through the replace device prompts. The logs show the same errors that I posted earlier in the thread, with connections being dropped/closed. So there is definitely something unique about how unraid is configured that is making Crashplan break.

Please let me know if you found what is interfering with CrashPlan's connection.

Did you try to disable any other running services?

On 10/6/2019 at 2:37 AM, michael123 said:

Hello

For last week Crashplan suddenly reports that my system was not backed up.

However, when I connect to the docker, I see it works as expecting, detecting files, uploading, etc.

What might be wrong?

thanks

You can start receiving an email if there was nothing to backup for a couple of days.  This is mentioned in the email:

If this computer hasn't been used in 2 days, no action is required.

4 minutes ago, michael123 said:

But the backup was running, there were files backed up I saw in web interface in unRaid, new files. I know they are there, my wife is an illustrator

In Tools->History, do you see that files are backup successfully?