[Support] Djoss - CrashPlan PRO (aka CrashPlan for Small Business)

Hello and thanks for any help you can give me.  I cannot get logged into web console.  I can login to the code42 site and it does report that backups are occurring, but the webgui keeps telling me "unable to sign in".  I have attached 3 logs and have removed the container and all files twice.  The only other containers I have running are Plex and DelugeVPN.  I am getting the following over and over

[12.24.19 13:24:44.583 INFO  2WeDftWkr110 up42.service.peer.PeerController] DENIED! Ignore connect, we are not authorized.
[12.24.19 13:24:44.583 INFO  2WeDftWkr110 ging.direct.DirectNetworkChannel] Channel became inactive. closedBy=THIS_SIDE, reason='Session close', channel=DIRECT
[12.24.19 13:25:29.587 INFO  2WeDftWkr116 up42.service.peer.PeerController] DENIED! Ignore connect, we are not authorized.
[12.24.19 13:25:29.588 INFO  2WeDftWkr116 ging.direct.DirectNetworkChannel] Channel became inactive. closedBy=THIS_SIDE, reason='Session close', channel=DIRECT
[12.24.19 13:26:14.586 INFO  2WeDftWkr122 up42.service.peer.PeerController] DENIED! Ignore connect, we are not authorized.
[12.24.19 13:26:14.587 INFO  2WeDftWkr122 ging.direct.DirectNetworkChannel] Channel became inactive. closedBy=THIS_SIDE, reason='Session close', channel=DIRECT
[12.24.19 13:26:59.596 INFO  2WeDftWkr128 up42.service.peer.PeerController] DENIED! Ignore connect, we are not authorized.

app.log service.log.0 ui.log

On 12/23/2019 at 11:55 AM, DBJordan said:

Hi there,

I'm trying to turn on Account Encryption Key Security in the settings, but the Save button is inactive. Is there a way to get this working?

Thanks.

image.png.24cf353014ed2a9c54366b63c950347d.png

I guess you need first to select "Archive Key Password" or "Custom Key"?

On 12/24/2019 at 2:27 PM, tater0519 said:

Hello and thanks for any help you can give me.  I cannot get logged into web console.  I can login to the code42 site and it does report that backups are occurring, but the webgui keeps telling me "unable to sign in".  I have attached 3 logs and have removed the container and all files twice.  The only other containers I have running are Plex and DelugeVPN.  I am getting the following over and over

[12.24.19 13:24:44.583 INFO  2WeDftWkr110 up42.service.peer.PeerController] DENIED! Ignore connect, we are not authorized.
[12.24.19 13:24:44.583 INFO  2WeDftWkr110 ging.direct.DirectNetworkChannel] Channel became inactive. closedBy=THIS_SIDE, reason='Session close', channel=DIRECT
[12.24.19 13:25:29.587 INFO  2WeDftWkr116 up42.service.peer.PeerController] DENIED! Ignore connect, we are not authorized.
[12.24.19 13:25:29.588 INFO  2WeDftWkr116 ging.direct.DirectNetworkChannel] Channel became inactive. closedBy=THIS_SIDE, reason='Session close', channel=DIRECT
[12.24.19 13:26:14.586 INFO  2WeDftWkr122 up42.service.peer.PeerController] DENIED! Ignore connect, we are not authorized.
[12.24.19 13:26:14.587 INFO  2WeDftWkr122 ging.direct.DirectNetworkChannel] Channel became inactive. closedBy=THIS_SIDE, reason='Session close', channel=DIRECT
[12.24.19 13:26:59.596 INFO  2WeDftWkr128 up42.service.peer.PeerController] DENIED! Ignore connect, we are not authorized.

app.log 14.09 kB · 0 downloads service.log.0 50.28 kB · 0 downloads ui.log 2.63 kB · 0 downloads

I would make sure the correct password is used to login.  Else, you can also try to clear the cache: https://github.com/jlesage/docker-crashplan-pro#device-status-is-waiting-for-connection

18 minutes ago, DBJordan said:

Yeah, that works, but I guess I'm wondering -- is the information encrypted by default and the Account Password can unlock it? Is that why "Save" is disabled for that choice?

Yes, the data is always encrypted.  By default, the account password is used to perform the encryption.

The save button is disabled only because you have to do some change before being able to save.

• Thanks 1

I have limited Crashplan to only use 8G of memory via the extra parameters on the advanced docker config in unRAID. However, I am now seeing above 100% periodically by Crashplan in CPU usage. Anyone else seeing this? How can I limit this? Would pinning CPU cores work? I only have a 4 core machine that runs unRAID, so don't have excess CPU power here.

4 hours ago, Ustrombase said:

I have limited Crashplan to only use 8G of memory via the extra parameters on the advanced docker config in unRAID. However, I am now seeing above 100% periodically by Crashplan in CPU usage. Anyone else seeing this? How can I limit this? Would pinning CPU cores work? I only have a 4 core machine that runs unRAID, so don't have excess CPU power here.

By any chance is your CP doing deep maintainance (that can take days)? Log in to the UI to check. Mine unexpectedly started doing it recently.

Hi. I've been trying to get this to consistently work for over a week, and I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. At first, the initial login worked as expected, I setup an initial test backup. After the initial login, I was not able to get into the WebUI again. I tried everything I could think of. So I uninstalled the docker and resinstalled it, then it allowed me to login again. I tried both setting up as new device, then replacing an existing device, neither options makes it all the way through the setup process. The app just gets stuck on connecting no matter what I do. 

So I tried to restart the docker, and it either shows a black screen, or sometimes shows the 'connecting' screen, which it indefinitely hangs on. 

So, I uninstalled, removed the image, manually delete the settings, and then it will allow me to login again. I then go through the setup process, and either at the end, or towards the end, it gets stuck on 'connecting' again. 

Any tips? I've tried allocating anywhere from 8gb to 64gb to the container. I've currently got 16 cores allocated to the docker. I've set permissions as root, and assigned priority of -20. Not sure what else I can do. 

*correction: Here are the three different screens i get stuck/hung on. I was able to backup a large portion day 1, but after that it hasn't backed up anything. I even tried removing the initial device in (crsahplan for business main UI), and then starting over from scratch, but that didnt work either. 

DE7CFDEF-5E30-47C6-B354-3165E85F8C53.jpg

35015B8F-5B4F-4877-986C-7E09E3BF46E9.jpg

Edited by Dr. Ew
correction
21 hours ago, Dr. Ew said:

Hi. I've been trying to get this to consistently work for over a week, and I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. At first, the initial login worked as expected, I setup an initial test backup. After the initial login, I was not able to get into the WebUI again. I tried everything I could think of. So I uninstalled the docker and resinstalled it, then it allowed me to login again. I tried both setting up as new device, then replacing an existing device, neither options makes it all the way through the setup process. The app just gets stuck on connecting no matter what I do. 

So I tried to restart the docker, and it either shows a black screen, or sometimes shows the 'connecting' screen, which it indefinitely hangs on. 

So, I uninstalled, removed the image, manually delete the settings, and then it will allow me to login again. I then go through the setup process, and either at the end, or towards the end, it gets stuck on 'connecting' again. 

Any tips? I've tried allocating anywhere from 8gb to 64gb to the container. I've currently got 16 cores allocated to the docker. I've set permissions as root, and assigned priority of -20. Not sure what else I can do. 

*correction: Here are the three different screens i get stuck/hung on. I was able to backup a large portion day 1, but after that it hasn't backed up anything. I even tried removing the initial device in (crsahplan for business main UI), and then starting over from scratch, but that didnt work either. 

DE7CFDEF-5E30-47C6-B354-3165E85F8C53.jpg

Do you have anything interesting in the container's log?

On 1/5/2020 at 7:22 AM, Djoss said:

Do you have anything interesting in the container's log?

I think I may have figured it out. After another reinstall, I had the docker window open and a warning popped up, and told me CrashPlan is exceeding inotify's max watch limit. 

I followed these instructions, to increase that limit: https://support.code42.com/CrashPlan/6/Troubleshooting/Linux_real-time_file_watching_errors

For now, it seems to have fixed the issue. 

I just installed CrashPlan Small Business on a windows machine, and this docker on my unraid box.  For the life of me, I can't see how to establish a backup of the windows box to the unraid box.  The only destination options I can see are "CrashPlan PRO Online" and "Add Local Destination".  When I use the local destination option, I get an error if I select a network drive.

I know that the peer to peer support has disappeared, but can't I at least back up to a network destination now?

By the way, The OS in the logs reports as:

/mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlanPRO/log/app.log:OS           = Linux (4.15.0-60-generic, amd64)
grep: /mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlanPRO/log/service.log: No such file or directory

unraid_crashplan.jpg

Edited by tcharron
On 1/9/2020 at 2:18 PM, tcharron said:

I just installed CrashPlan Small Business on a windows machine, and this docker on my unraid box.  For the life of me, I can't see how to establish a backup of the windows box to the unraid box.  The only destination options I can see are "CrashPlan PRO Online" and "Add Local Destination".  When I use the local destination option, I get an error if I select a network drive.

I know that the peer to peer support has disappeared, but can't I at least back up to a network destination now?

By the way, The OS in the logs reports as:

/mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlanPRO/log/app.log:OS           = Linux (4.15.0-60-generic, amd64)
grep: /mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlanPRO/log/service.log: No such file or directory

unraid_crashplan.jpg

It seems that on Windows, backup to a network share is not supported:

Code42 doesn't support backing up NAS on Windows. This is due to an operating system-level restriction built into Windows. 

https://support.code42.com/CrashPlan/6/Backup/Back_up_networked_storage_or_NAS_devices

20 hours ago, Djoss said:

It seems that on Windows, backup to a network share is not supported:

https://support.code42.com/CrashPlan/6/Backup/Back_up_networked_storage_or_NAS_devices

I am not trying to back up a network share.  I am trying to back up local drives TO a network share.

So effectively there is no way to use CrashPlan to back up local machines to my unraid server, even if I pay for CrashPlan.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else experienced the backup process resetting? Yesterday, my backup progress was at 30%, this morning it is at 4%. This is the second time this occurred, this time I am concerned.

I know it's not a result of the following:

- Rebooting

- Restarting the Docker

- Power Loss, had a blackout yesterday and do not currently have an UPS (I know, something I need to buy)

A parity check is currently running after I got Unraid back up after the power outage. Could the parity check cause this? Current errors found is 7.

9 hours ago, iPenguin02 said:

Has anyone else experienced the backup process resetting? Yesterday, my backup progress was at 30%, this morning it is at 4%. This is the second time this occurred, this time I am concerned.

I know it's not a result of the following:

- Rebooting

- Restarting the Docker

- Power Loss, had a blackout yesterday and do not currently have an UPS (I know, something I need to buy)

A parity check is currently running after I got Unraid back up after the power outage. Could the parity check cause this? Current errors found is 7.

No, I don't think the parity check has anything to do with this.  The fact that the progress change may just be some estimate changes.  You can look at Tools->History and check if anything look anormal.

On 1/13/2020 at 9:22 PM, tcharron said:

I am not trying to back up a network share.  I am trying to back up local drives TO a network share.

So effectively there is no way to use CrashPlan to back up local machines to my unraid server, even if I pay for CrashPlan.

Hi,

You are right. It is not possible anymore. The "for business" line of Crashplan never allowed that. And Crashplan discontinued their older solution for consumers. So you cannot do that anymore. A pity as I see lots of added value there, but I also understand, knowing that their cloud backup service isn't limited in size (or you could potentially backup many workstations to one, then have a subscription only for that last one).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm recently seeing this error when I open the container to check on something, relating to the inotify watch limit.

I know the instructions are here to fix that: https://support.code42.com/CrashPlan/6/Troubleshooting/Linux_real-time_file_watching_errors

However I don't know where these instructions need to be completed at.

If I do them in-container wont restarting the contianer wipe those changes out? Or updating it?

image.png.c7eef86413b0e81a1c1943a8b4b072f9.png

13 hours ago, CorneliousJD said:

I'm recently seeing this error when I open the container to check on something, relating to the inotify watch limit.

I know the instructions are here to fix that: https://support.code42.com/CrashPlan/6/Troubleshooting/Linux_real-time_file_watching_errors

However I don't know where these instructions need to be completed at.

If I do them in-container wont restarting the contianer wipe those changes out? Or updating it?

image.png.c7eef86413b0e81a1c1943a8b4b072f9.png

Install the Unraid Tips & Tweaks plugin from Community Applications. Then go to Settings (in Unraid, not Crashplan Docker) > Tips and Tweaks. There will be an option in there to increase inotify. Setting it depends on your system, but I have 16GB RAM and have it set to 1048576 which seems fine. 

(although I have had a weird thing happen this morning, see my upcoming post below).

I rebooted my network equipment and server this morning, and thought I'd just check that everything came back up happy, and upon entering CrashPlan, found that it thinks I only have 228GB of backups - but I actually have about 3TB.

You can see what I mean in the attached screenshots: 

1 showing the main screen with only 228.4GB backed up

and the other showing the preferences > destinations size of using 3TB.

I fairly frequently open the CrashPlan UI to check on it, so this has only happened either in the last few days, or since my server reboot. 

I restarted the Docker to see if it fixed anything, but it remains the same. 

As you can see from the main screenshot, no maintenance is currently being performed.

I went through the file list (under the manage files button), and all major folders appear in there as backed up.

Does anybody know what's happening? Or is this something I should email CrashPlan about?

Thanks for your help.

CrashPlan_backupsize.png

CrashPlan_mainscreen.png

4 hours ago, jademonkee said:

Install the Unraid Tips & Tweaks plugin from Community Applications. Then go to Settings (in Unraid, not Crashplan Docker) > Tips and Tweaks. There will be an option in there to increase inotify. Setting it depends on your system, but I have 16GB RAM and have it set to 1048576 which seems fine. 

(although I have had a weird thing happen this morning, see my upcoming post below).

Thanks! I had mine set to 750,000 already, but I upped it to 1,048,576

We'll see if that makes a difference and if I need to I can go higher, I have 128GB of RAM so I have plenty to spare!

On 2/5/2020 at 11:23 AM, jademonkee said:

I rebooted my network equipment and server this morning, and thought I'd just check that everything came back up happy, and upon entering CrashPlan, found that it thinks I only have 228GB of backups - but I actually have about 3TB.

You can see what I mean in the attached screenshots: 

1 showing the main screen with only 228.4GB backed up

and the other showing the preferences > destinations size of using 3TB.

I fairly frequently open the CrashPlan UI to check on it, so this has only happened either in the last few days, or since my server reboot. 

I restarted the Docker to see if it fixed anything, but it remains the same. 

As you can see from the main screenshot, no maintenance is currently being performed.

I went through the file list (under the manage files button), and all major folders appear in there as backed up.

Does anybody know what's happening? Or is this something I should email CrashPlan about?

Thanks for your help.

Bump. Anyone?