[Support] Djoss - CrashPlan PRO (aka CrashPlan for Small Business)

A bit off this topic but since they are offering Carbonite discounts, any chance of a carbonite docker? I think they are windows only so probably not, just thought I would see what people are considering that might be comparable to CrashPlan. Very sad to see the unlimited home account go. I was only paying monthly $5.99 unlimited, therefore my access cannot be renewed any longer and will expire in approx 60 days. I am thinking of using this container and pay for Pro until I figure out the best way forward. Thanks for your work to help with migration!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/27/2017 at 6:09 PM, Djoss said:

Do you copy-paste your password?  Which webpage URL are you using?

I used the WEBGUI and I have the same problem. I even dumbed the password down but it keeps on saying the info is incorrect.

My account credentials work just fine with the official crashplan pro dashboard. What could the problem be?

Edited by stealth82
1 hour ago, allanp81 said:

I gave up and just let it recreate the appdata directory. I only had about 45Gb uploaded so I just started again after I'd migrated my account across.

So starting from scratch fixed your password issue?  Even in that case, you can still perform the adoption process to avoid re-uploading your stuff.

1 hour ago, stealth82 said:

I used the WEBGUI and I have the same problem. I even dumbed the password down but it keeps on saying the info is incorrect.

My account credentials work just fine with the official crashplan pro dashboard. What could the problem be?

Are you re-using a fresh appdata or it comes from a previous installation?

1 hour ago, Djoss said:

From mine or gfjardim's container?

Also, in conf/my.service.xml, what is the value of the authority tag?

cat /mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlanPRO/conf/my.service.xml | grep "authority"

gfjardim's.

<authority address="central.crashplan.com:443" hideAddress="false"/>

Ok, so I think that if you let gfjardim's container update itself to the PRO version and then you switch to my container, it should work.

You could also try to change central.crashplan.com to central.crashplanpro.com in conf/my.service.xml (while the container is stopped).

2 hours ago, Djoss said:

Ok, so I think that if you let gfjardim's container update itself to the PRO version and then you switch to my container, it should work.

You could also try to change central.crashplan.com to central.crashplanpro.com in conf/my.service.xml (while the container is stopped).

I did let gfjardim's container update to the PRO. Before turning the container off I checked it out and saw that it was upgraded (blue color and Pro written somewhere).

After that I turned the container off and followed the readme in the first post of this thread.

I changed the host but the problem remains.

I guess I didn't read well since I now notice you were supporting transition from your own crashplan home container...

Edited by stealth82

Ah so if you didn't convert your appdata (from gfjardim's container), you need to do it before:

cp -ar /mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlan/ /mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlanPRO
cd /mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlanPRO
mv id/ var/
rm -r cache
rm -r bin
rm -r log

All docker template values are default, except that you need to add a new "Path" to match the old container:

• /data -> /mnt/user

First of all, thank you for this docker. The instructions to move over from gfjardim's docker were clear and my migration went without a hitch.

Secondly, I may have missed something in the settings but if not, I have a feature request...in gfjardim's Crashplan docker there's a field for Unassigned Devices - essentially to map a drive using that plugin to the container. Would it be possible to have a similar field added to your docker? My unassigned device is the only folder sitting in the cloud that has a red "Missing" next to it. I'm aware I could back up locally to the array and then back that new folder up to Crashplan, but if I can keep it simple I'd like to.

Thanks!

You can add the same field in the container's settings: you need to add a "Path".  Just make sure the access mode is set to "RO/Slave".

This setting is not present by default, since it is causing issues for people who doesn't have the unassigned devices plugin.

On 8/25/2017 at 11:56 AM, JustinAiken said:

Okay, was successfully able to migrate from the other container without adoption!

cd /mnt/cache/appdata
cp -r CrashPlan/ crashplan-pro
chown -R nobody:users /mnt/user/appdata/crashplan-pro/
cd crashplan-pro/
mv id/ var/
rm -r cache
rm -r bin
rm -r log

All docker template values are default, except for:

- config -> /mnt/user/appdata/crashplan-pro
- data -> /mnt/user (To match old container)

Followed the above. When I got to the part about adoption, I accidentally closed the grey banner with the adoption link and couldn't find it again. I attempted using "guid new" command from the gui command prompt. Now I'm getting the login screen, but no matter what I do, I get failed login. I reset my password, and I can successfully login to the official windows client and the website, but I cannot login via the docker.

Here's the lines from log:

[08.31.17 19:21:30.692 INFO  MQ-Peer-3    ervice.peer.PeerVersionValidator] WE have an old version, localVersion=1436674888490 (2015-07-12T04:21:28:490+0000), remoteVersion=1498885200610 (2017-07-01T05:00:00:610+0000), remoteGuid=42
[08.31.17 19:21:30.695 INFO  53998_AUTH-2 up42.service.peer.PeerController]   Connected to CPC after 23sec
[08.31.17 19:21:30.695 INFO  53998_AUTH-2 backup42.service.peer.Authorizer] AUTH:: Authority address: central.crashplan.com/216.17.8.3
[08.31.17 19:21:30.696 INFO  53998_AUTH-2 backup42.service.peer.Authorizer] AUTH:: Getting auth rules. CPCAuthRulesRequestMessage@2132110154[ login=true, username=[removed], registrationKey= ]
[08.31.17 19:21:30.848 INFO  53998_AUTH-2 backup42.service.peer.Authorizer] AUTH:: AuthorizeRules [ldap=false, minPasswordLength=5, usernameIsAnEmail=true, deferredAllowed=false]
[08.31.17 19:21:30.853 INFO  53998_AUTH-2 backup42.service.peer.Authorizer] AUTH:: CPCLoginMessage@-1537267857[ guid=811135123778750276, productVersion=4.9.0, username=[removed], password=true, register=false, registrationKey=, orgType=CONSUMER, computerType=COMPUTER, address=[removed]:4242, computerName = f37fc5e0d42a, dataKeyChecksum = 24046ce280b01db27575f159bfa1fcd8, configDate=null, socialNetworkDate=0, challengeResponse=false, externalAuthenticatorSessionId=null, securityKeyType=AccountPassword ]
[08.31.17 19:21:31.590 INFO  53998_AUTH-2 backup42.service.peer.Authorizer] AUTH:: CPCLoginResponseMessage@-68208812[remoteId=136962048763636368, session=811140962093392961, remoteGuid=42, errors=Login.FAILED]
[08.31.17 19:21:31.591 INFO  53998_AUTH-2 backup42.service.peer.Authorizer] AUTH:: Error = CPErrors.Login.FAILED : []
[08.31.17 19:21:31.591 INFO  53998_AUTH-2 backup42.service.peer.Authorizer] AUTH:: Send login response to the UI. LoginResponseMessage@1539794751[ session=811139908417119297, errors=[CPErrors.Login.FAILED : []] ]{}
[08.31.17 19:21:31.591 INFO  53998_AUTH-2 backup42.service.ui.UIController] UserActionResponse: LoginResponseMessage@1539794751[ session=811139908417119297, errors=[CPErrors.Login.FAILED : []] ]{}
[08.31.17 19:21:31.592 INFO  53998_AUTH-2 backup42.service.peer.Authorizer] AUTH:: *** END *** Failed after 24sec

Thanks, that solved the authentication issue. However for step 5 of the "Taking Over Existing Backup"... how does one re-add files without unselecting the missing items? The only way I can see to add them is to deselect them, save, then add them again but it seems like this would delete the backup archives and force me to reupload them?

"5. Update the file selection by re-adding your files. Do not unselect missing items yet."

The missing items are the only things I care about backing up. I do see the other things in the tree that I can add, but it's nothing I care about. The way I've arranged my storage is I have a network share where I store everything important. That share is then backed up to the crashplan cloud. The only copy of those files locally is on the network share. See attached screenshot.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Edited by nephilic

Since they are now under a different path, you need to re-select your same files again (while keeping missing items selected).  If you use the default container settings, they should be under /storage.  The unRAID flash is under /flash.

If you prefer, the other solution is to change the container's settings and re-add the same "Paths" as your previous container.  For example, according to your screenshot, you probably need to add a mapping for /archive, /unraidflash and /videos.  If you do so, no files should appear as missing.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Issue resolved on it's own and Crashplan Pro is now happily doing the backup. Must be a Crashplan maintenance issue... 

ORIGINAL POST:

I just setup this Docker today, migrating from Home version I was able to log in and adopt however cannot connect to CrashPlan Central. It gives me "Destination unavailable - you have an older version." (screenshot attached). Anyone else see this? Does the CrashPlan Pro client need to be updated in the docker image?

Code42 is doing an maintanence today so not sure if that has to do with anything: https://helpdesk.code42.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001877553

Thank you.

error.png

Edited by hoxbox382
Fixed