Jump to content
Djoss

[Support] Djoss - CrashPlan PRO (aka CrashPlan for Small Business)

710 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

On 12/25/2018 at 10:55 AM, kmarq13 said:

Been having an issue since the latest update when I tried to change a backup set. When I try to change the frequency that backups are taken with the dropdown, suddenly the entire browser window goes white (except the File, Edit, etc menu bar). This issue is happening under the frequency and versions section of the manage backup set. 

 

Anyone else getting this? 

It seems to be an issue from CP.  Feel free to report it to their support team, so it can get fixed eventually.

As a workaround, you can change it from the console (crashplan.com/console).

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/28/2018 at 12:40 PM, Mikey160984 said:

Hi Guys!

 

Thanks for making this Docker available to us, love it so far, and works quiet well. Tried out Duplicati before, but it has too much problems I think. Starts Backup, but stops after 1 TB, keeps showing errors in database (no rep is helping) etc

 

But, there is a thing, that doesn't work very well for me... When I change the resolution of the Crashplan Docker, I get more often a blank white screen if I would like to change something in the settings, especially if there is a drop down menu.

 

If I set the resolution back to 1280 x 768 it gets better, but still this happens sometimes.

 

If this is the case, I have to restart the container otherwise I can't use it because its all blank.

 

Is there a solution for this? Also found out, if I let crashplan detect and set the language it is getting worse... So I changed it from auto to english, I can deal with that point...

Which resolution is causing problems?

 

Share this post


Link to post

I would say... every resolution... from the basic one with wich the docker comes to better ones like 1920x1080

 

It's like the one before me postet... Dropdown Menu and everything is white... had this problems with the version before the last update also

 

Edit: Just found out... if I log in on the Code42 web page and visit the admin console I can adjust all the same settings easily withouth having the troubles of the white site behaviour of the docker container... so I just can leave the container web ui as it is and I can live with this solution and every thing is fine... for me

Edited by Mikey160984

Share this post


Link to post

OK, time to put CP to the test and restore some stuff because user=id10t ...

 

I'm getting an error that "One or more files failed to be restored because the mapping of the /storage volume is read-only."  The message continues to state that I should re-create the container with the volume mapped with read/write permissions.

 

I'm in a bit of panic mode, so I haven't fully read through the github linked page, but is this the "umask" setting in the docker config? It's currently set to 000, but it says that it's for "newly created files", so I'm a bit confused on that.

 

I'll read through docs, but I'd be especially grateful for a quick & confirmed answer instead of my slow reading and not 100% sure answer.

 

UPDATE:

I've read through the docs, and it seems that I need to add a parameter called "Home:" and set it to "storage/rw" as follows. Is this correct?

2018-12-31 11_00_59-NAS_UpdateContainer.png

Edited by FreeMan

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, FreeMan said:

I've read through the docs, and it seems that I need to add a parameter called "Home:" and set it to "storage/rw" as follows. Is this correct?

2018-12-31 11_00_59-NAS_UpdateContainer.png

That didn't seem to have fixed it. :(

 

After reading the docs again, I thought that maybe this would do the trick:

400319242_2018-12-3118_27_45-NAS_UpdateContainer.png.e2a0fd29e5b14e0c7e960b8180da272d.png

That left me with this start command which didn't work:

Quote

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='CrashPlanPRO' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'USER_ID'='99' -e 'GROUP_ID'='100' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'APP_NICENESS'='' -e 'DISPLAY_WIDTH'='1280' -e 'DISPLAY_HEIGHT'='768' -e 'X11VNC_EXTRA_OPTS'='' -e 'CRASHPLAN_SRV_MAX_MEM'='2560m' -e 'SECURE_CONNECTION'='0' -p '7810:5800/tcp' -p '7910:5900/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/:rw':'/storage':'ro' -v '/boot':'/flash':'ro' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/CrashPlanPRO':'/config':'rw' 'jlesage/crashplan-pro'

/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: invalid volume specification: '/mnt/user/:rw:/storage:ro'.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

It also left me with an orphaned docker image that I couldn't start or edit. After reinstalling the docker (thanks Squid!) and fixing the /storage mapping, I got this start command, which worked quite nicely:

Quote

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='CrashPlanPRO' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'USER_ID'='99' -e 'GROUP_ID'='100' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'APP_NICENESS'='' -e 'DISPLAY_WIDTH'='1280' -e 'DISPLAY_HEIGHT'='768' -e 'X11VNC_EXTRA_OPTS'='' -e 'CRASHPLAN_SRV_MAX_MEM'='3g' -e 'SECURE_CONNECTION'='0' -p '7810:5800/tcp' -p '7910:5900/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/':'/storage':'ro' -v '/boot':'/flash':'ro' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/CrashPlanPRO':'/config':'rw' 'jlesage/crashplan-pro'

53932aafbd88a5a4a7b684bec864e029a5c0f2a4b9ffb9a00cc06af7794d035a

But... it's still mounting the storage location as 'ro'. How do I change that?

Share this post


Link to post

All you need to do is edit the container's settings, enable the advanced view (at the top right), click the Edit button of the Storage parameter and then change the Access Mode to Read/Write.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Djoss said:

All you need to do is edit the container's settings, enable the advanced view (at the top right), click the Edit button of the Storage parameter and then change the Access Mode to Read/Write.

Fantastic, thank you!

 

Considering the purpose of the docker is to backup and restore files, it seems that setting this to read/write by default would make more sense.

 

It would certainly reduce the panic level when one accidentally deletes large quantities of files...

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, FreeMan said:

Considering the purpose of the docker is to backup and restore files, it seems that setting this to read/write by default would make more sense.

Backup is typically automatic, restore is manual. I would rather the app NOT have default permissions to overwrite my array.  Personally I think it would make more sense to restore to a secondary location on the array, then move the files to their final destination. This would be easy to do, add another mapping to a share specifically set aside to receive data, mounted r/w.

Share this post


Link to post
Backup is typically automatic, restore is manual. I would rather the app NOT have default permissions to overwrite my array.  Personally I think it would make more sense to restore to a secondary location on the array, then move the files to their final destination. This would be easy to do, add another mapping to a share specifically set aside to receive data, mounted r/w.
That makes sense. Maybe add a default "Restore Point" mapping that's mounted r/w from the get go.

Of course, I'm not 100% certain I'd have thought to use that since I blew away entire shares of data and was in a panic state...

NOTE TO SELF: do NOT attempt to manually fix unRAID issues from a terminal session without ingesting at least 2 cups of coffee prior to starting!

Sent from Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/30/2018 at 3:10 AM, Mikey160984 said:

I would say... every resolution... from the basic one with wich the docker comes to better ones like 1920x1080

 

It's like the one before me postet... Dropdown Menu and everything is white... had this problems with the version before the last update also

 

Edit: Just found out... if I log in on the Code42 web page and visit the admin console I can adjust all the same settings easily withouth having the troubles of the white site behaviour of the docker container... so I just can leave the container web ui as it is and I can live with this solution and every thing is fine... for me

Where are you seeing this on the console? I can view the settings for my backups, but I can't change any of the backup frequencies or things from the Admin Console. Only from within my docker container which has the white screen issue.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Mikey160984 said:

Here you Can login

https://www.crashplanpro.com/login/#/login?to=%2Fconsole%2F

You can set up everything there, including the folders to backup, witch time etc...

It is a bit slower but it works fine and is maintained by Code42.

I’m using it and it works perfectly, so I can leave the blank white docker behind


Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Ahh found it. Just going into the device its all read only, but up top there is a gear to say edit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

been a while since I opened up my crash plan docker, seems the VNC can't connect? Says server disconnected code 1006

 

The service is still working and backing up just fine.

 

Other browser is working fine. I will clear cache etc etc and test. Cheers.

Edited by Lebowski

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Lebowski said:

been a while since I opened up my crash plan docker, seems the VNC can't connect? Says server disconnected code 1006

 

The service is still working and backing up just fine.

 

Other browser is working fine. I will clear cache etc etc and test. Cheers.

Yes, clearing the browser cache should fix the issue.

Share this post


Link to post

I have found an issue, in the section to change back up frequency on a backup set, when you click the drop down menu the screen blanks out. I have tested this on multiple browsers.

 

 

Edited by Lebowski

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/11/2019 at 9:29 PM, Lebowski said:

I have found an issue, in the section to change back up frequency on a backup set, when you click the drop down menu the screen blanks out. I have tested this on multiple browsers.

Yes this is a known issue.  Note that as a workaround, you can change this setting from the console at crashplan.com/console

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone having issues restoring files. I get an error that the container doesn't have the right permissions. I tried following the steps on github and it created a second container that would start but I could never get to the GUI. I've got all my files backed up and see them in CrashPlan but I just can't seem to restore them.

Edited by jh1987

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, jh1987 said:

Anyone having issues restoring files. I get an error that the container doesn't have the right permissions. I tried following the steps on github and it created a second container that would start but I could never get to the GUI. I've got all my files backed up and see them in CrashPlan but I just can't seem to restore them.

You just need to change the permission of "/storage": edit the container settings, enable "Advanced View" (upper right toggle), edit the "Storage" setting and change the "Access Mode" to "Read/Write".

Share this post


Link to post

I'm currently using this container to backup my Time Machine backups to the cloud. I have not added any file exclusions. But it looks like its currently ignoring the following files when backing up:

 

info.bckup

info.plist

token

 

Is there a way to get these files backed up as well?

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Djoss said:

You just need to change the permission of "/storage": edit the container settings, enable "Advanced View" (upper right toggle), edit the "Storage" setting and change the "Access Mode" to "Read/Write".

Thank you! Always forget about the "Advanced View". That did the trick for me. Appreciate your help. I don't understand why /storage does default to read/write when installing the app.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, jh1987 said:

Thank you! Always forget about the "Advanced View". That did the trick for me. Appreciate your help. I don't understand why /storage does default to read/write when installing the app.

It doesn't default to read / write because it's another layer of protection for your files. If the container is only allowed to read your files, it can't delete or overwrite them. Normally the only time you want the backup application to be able to write and delete is when you are recovering files. At all other times you only want it to read and backup what it reads.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, j7an said:

I'm currently using this container to backup my Time Machine backups to the cloud. I have not added any file exclusions. But it looks like its currently ignoring the following files when backing up:

 

info.bckup

info.plist

token

 

Is there a way to get these files backed up as well?

There is some built-in exclusions.

You can edit /mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlanPRO/conf/my.service.xml and see if you can remove the ones you don't want.

Share this post


Link to post

I have a issue writing to local disk. Tried with user share and rclone disk, but Crashplan fail to add it as destination

image.png.fcba8850a15f42f2d46cee5f3b17e955.pngimage.png.0eccdf59a0b87e1b1c6c1271e5ffd507.png

image.png.3aea57a2724c083c3d6a062953be627f.png

Edited by ZataH

Share this post


Link to post

Whether it's your problem or not I have no clue, but technically any mount of /mnt/disks/... should have an access mode of RW:Slave (you can also try Shared)

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now