[Support] Djoss - CrashPlan PRO (aka CrashPlan for Small Business)

17 minutes ago, Djoss said:

You can always look at "log/service.log.0" in your appdata folder and see if there is anything obvious. 

But it's possible that the SMB client is just not compatible with an enterprise server...

I had a look and it appears it attempts to log in with my credentials, but doesn't seem to complete so 'stops'.

Not to worry, was worth a try and thanks for your help, appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm migrating from Crashplan Home and want to make sure I do it correctly.

I'm currently using gfjardim Crashplan Docker.

I backup to Crashplan Cloud and I also backup to a local unassigned unRAID USB device.

Does this docker support backing up to an unRAID unassigned device?

If so do I need to setup the path so the docker will list it as a backup location?

I've attached a sceenshot of my current docker settings.

Crashplan.png

Edited by egtrev
6 hours ago, egtrev said:

Hi, I'm migrating from Crashplan Home and want to make sure I do it correctly.

I'm currently using gfjardim Crashplan Docker.

I backup to Crashplan Cloud and I also backup to a local unassigned unRAID USB device.

Does this docker support backing up to an unRAID unassigned device?

If so do I need to setup the path so the docker will list it as a backup location?

I've attached a sceenshot of my current docker settings.

Crashplan.png

Yes, CrashPlan PRO can backup to a local destination.  However, I don't know if it will be able to take over your existing destination.  It will work for sure for the cloud, but I can't confirm for a local destination as I never tried. 

2 hours ago, Djoss said:

Yes, CrashPlan PRO can backup to a local destination.  However, I don't know if it will be able to take over your existing destination.  It will work for sure for the cloud, but I can't confirm for a local destination as I never tried. 

I don't mind starting fresh locally.

What steps do I need to do to have the unassigned device show as a destination in the Pro docker?

In my current Docker I think I had to add a path so it could be seen.

1 hour ago, egtrev said:

I don't mind starting fresh locally.

What steps do I need to do to have the unassigned device show as a destination in the Pro docker?

In my current Docker I think I had to add a path so it could be seen.

Yes, you need to add a "Path", where the host side is set to "/mnt/disks" and the container side to "/unassigned" (or anything you want).  Make sure the access mode is set to "RW/Slave".

Inside the container, you will be able to find your USB drive under "/unassigned".

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a major problem with the new Crashplan Pro. Since I have migrated to Pro, I cannot select any files in the /mnt folder to backup. They just do not appear. The good news is that my data still exists on the Code42 server, but there support is telling me that the "Docker" version of the software is not supported, and that is why nothing in the /mnt folder is visible.

Essentially, all that is backing up since the move to CrashPlan Pro is the root of the flash drive (459MB of the existing 2.9TB) on the server.

I am hoping that this is a configuration error.

Can anyone offer some help on what I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

4 minutes ago, tomjrob said:

I'm having a major problem with the new Crashplan Pro. Since I have migrated to Pro, I cannot select any files in the /mnt folder to backup. They just do not appear. The good news is that my data still exists on the Code42 server, but there support is telling me that the "Docker" version of the software is not supported, and that is why nothing in the /mnt folder is visible.

Essentially, all that is backing up since the move to CrashPlan Pro is the root of the flash drive (459MB of the existing 2.9TB) on the server.

I am hoping that this is a configuration error.

Can anyone offer some help on what I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

Are you using default settings?  If yes, then your files are under /storage in the container, not under /mnt.

Solved: Djoss, Thanks for setting me straight. Can't believe I missed those mappings, but that was definitely it. All storage is visible to the app now that the mapping is correct.

I am still having trouble trying to get the software to take over the old backup, but hopefully Code42 can assist in that.

Thanks again for the help.

8 minutes ago, tomjrob said:

Solved: Djoss, Thanks for setting me straight. Can't believe I missed those mappings, but that was definitely it. All storage is visible to the app now that the mapping is correct.

I am still having trouble trying to get the software to take over the old backup, but hopefully Code42 can assist in that.

Thanks again for the help.

Did you see these instructions?

https://github.com/jlesage/docker-crashplan-pro#taking-over-existing-backup

hey guys,

I'm hoping some of you guru's here will be able to offer some advice.... I've got the this crashplan pro docker container installed, and for the most part it runs wonderful!

However I have two small issues that I am hoping to try and get sorted out:

1. I have an ubuntu VM installed, and everytime my docker autoupdate runs and my crashplan docker restarts, I can no longer VNC to it. I think it has something to do with the fact that the VM sometimes uses the same VNC port. So what I end up having to do is shut down the VM, restart crashplan, then restart the VM which then assigns the VM a different VNC port .... 5901 or something.

Theres a number of settings in the CrashPlan Pro docker setup to, and I'm a little confused about them, I also have duplicate entries for the VNC and WebUI ports:

CPDockerSettings.thumb.png.f789f26664cd2c77212bd530e9c3599a.png

It should be OK to remove those duplicates yeah?

When I load the WebUI it opens on port 5800, so I can only assume that as per the above, ports 7810 & 7910 are internal ports inside the container for the Crashplan Pro services to run properly?

2. The other issue is that I can only seem to run the docker in host mode, it will not run in bridge mode, so I can specify another port like all my other docker containers, to try and avoid the current VNC conflict with my VM. I tried doing bridge mode and mapping a port to a spare port on my host machine, but when I tried to access it, it didnt work.

I'm sure its a simple solution and just a configuration change, I'm just a little unsure as to what to change is all.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Dan 

23 minutes ago, blade316 said:

hey guys,

I'm hoping some of you guru's here will be able to offer some advice.... I've got the this crashplan pro docker container installed, and for the most part it runs wonderful!

However I have two small issues that I am hoping to try and get sorted out:

1. I have an ubuntu VM installed, and everytime my docker autoupdate runs and my crashplan docker restarts, I can no longer VNC to it. I think it has something to do with the fact that the VM sometimes uses the same VNC port. So what I end up having to do is shut down the VM, restart crashplan, then restart the VM which then assigns the VM a different VNC port .... 5901 or something.

Theres a number of settings in the CrashPlan Pro docker setup to, and I'm a little confused about them, I also have duplicate entries for the VNC and WebUI ports:

CPDockerSettings.thumb.png.f789f26664cd2c77212bd530e9c3599a.png

It should be OK to remove those duplicates yeah?

When I load the WebUI it opens on port 5800, so I can only assume that as per the above, ports 7810 & 7910 are internal ports inside the container for the Crashplan Pro services to run properly?

2. The other issue is that I can only seem to run the docker in host mode, it will not run in bridge mode, so I can specify another port like all my other docker containers, to try and avoid the current VNC conflict with my VM. I tried doing bridge mode and mapping a port to a spare port on my host machine, but when I tried to access it, it didnt work.

I'm sure its a simple solution and just a configuration change, I'm just a little unsure as to what to change is all.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Dan 

Bridge mode is the default/recommended mode and should definitely works.  Try to delete the container and re-install it.  Did you added/changed volume mappings?  If yes, take note of them before re-installing, as you will need to re-configure them.

@Djoss

1 hour ago, Djoss said:

Bridge mode is the default/recommended mode and should definitely works.  Try to delete the container and re-install it.  Did you added/changed volume mappings?  If yes, take note of them before re-installing, as you will need to re-configure them.

Well holy cr@p! I just reinstalled the docker container with all the defaults and my volume mappings, and its now working in bridge mode. I have tried reinstalling this container about 4 times since they ended their crashplan home product and each time it never worked in bridge mode .... 

Well this is awkward.... haha ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I started on the Crashplan Home version of the container from almost the beginning, then was upgraded to the pro version without issue, but for the life of me have been unable to get it working since the change to the HTML pro client version back at the end of last year. One of the first problems I remember was a "waiting for connection" message which clearing the caches folder, as specified in the troubleshooting steps, helped, but then it constantly cycled a "Routine Maintenance" message or other issues. I let this go for over a week each time but it never changed.

I have deleted the container many times making sure to clear old folders using the "cleanup appdata" plugin each time but had the same or similar results. This latest time I finally decided to deleted and deactivated all my devices on Crashplans server, essentially deleting my entire backup, and started fresh from unraid. The first problem I encountered was the storage path would not show up in the container no matter who many times I reinstalled fresh, so I manually added another path to the /mnt/user path and called it /Backup in the container, which at least gave me access to my files to select as part of the backup. On Crashplans end, I can see my new device listed on the site with no files backup, but on my end, it just constantly says "waiting for connection", but this time clearing the cache only restarts the cycle.

Since I have started fresh with the exception of my unraid server, is there something I can clear out to get the new backup set going again? thank you

5abfa97f764ca_Crashplanprounraidmissingstorageshare.thumb.PNG.a0e4a22e77d35956e853c5b9e617d1b3.PNG5abfaa8cc180c_Crashplanprounraidwaitingforconnection.PNG.5d1d2e9f422d67955dffeb2d6bc7d8ae.PNG

8 hours ago, GalliumDragon said:

The first problem I encountered was the storage path would not show up in the container no matter who many times I reinstalled fresh

I know it's not obvious because there is no visual indication that it can be done, but you need to scroll down to show more folders.

8 hours ago, GalliumDragon said:

Since I have started fresh with the exception of my unraid server, is there something I can clear out to get the new backup set going again?

It seems that you did every steps I'm aware of to fix the "waiting for connection" issue.  Did you look at "log/service.log.0" inside your appdata to see if there is anything useful?

The next step would be to chat with CrashPlan support to see if there is a problem not related to the container itself.

PS: No need to say that you are running a Docker container, else they will tell you that it's not a supported configuration...

I've had this running since the whole "home/Pro" fiasco. However, I've just received an email from Code42 saying that my server hasn't backed up for 10 days! Is anyone else having issues with this?

The main CrashPlan screen shows this

:image.png.3244d745907202ec1ce721b8697dbbac.png

Clicking "View details" gives me this:

image.png.9408c899058e1789e69dca840bf21cf8.png

Clicking "Run backup now" gives me this:

image.png.412b775dca0fe8abb2f3d1d0c35dddd0.png

It's been "Preparing to run backup" for at least an hour now.

The CrashPlan History shows this:

04/04/18 12:12 AM    Unable to apply upgrade(s), retrying in one hour
04/04/18 12:40 AM    CrashPlan for Small Business started, version 6.7.1, GUID 6051841354
04/04/18 12:40 AM    [NAS Backup] Scanning for files to back up
04/04/18 01:32 AM    [NAS Backup] Scanning for files completed in 51 minutes: 506,424 files (2.20TB) found
04/04/18 03:02 AM    CrashPlan for Small Business started, version 6.7.1, GUID 6051841354
04/05/18 03:02 AM    CrashPlan for Small Business started, version 6.7.1, GUID 6051841354
04/05/18 10:06 PM    [NAS Backup] Backup to CrashPlan Central will take priority until complete (up to 24 hours)
04/05/18 10:15 PM    Preferences saved by the user.
04/05/18 10:16 PM    [NAS Backup] Backup to CrashPlan Central will take priority until complete (up to 24 hours)
04/06/18 03:02 AM    CrashPlan for Small Business started, version 6.7.1, GUID 6051841354
04/06/18 05:52 PM    [NAS Backup] Backup to CrashPlan Central will take priority until complete (up to 24 hours)

So it seems that the container update did its job (update downloaded & applied - maybe).

I don't see much other logging information in the app, so I'm not sure where to look to find out what's going wrong.

EDIT: 15 minutes later, it shows this:

image.png.06d2751f7b7a8146edbe1c8003febdc5.png

and there's nothing new in the History.

Doing some more digging, I looked at restoring files, and this is what it shows me for dates:

image.png.d6792cec698ae714c1fcc866211b1af3.png

That top one is my appdata directory. I know it's been updated more recently than March 19th...

Edited by FreeMan
12 hours ago, FreeMan said:

I've had this running since the whole "home/Pro" fiasco. However, I've just received an email from Code42 saying that my server hasn't backed up for 10 days! Is anyone else having issues with this?

The main CrashPlan screen shows this

:image.png.3244d745907202ec1ce721b8697dbbac.png

Clicking "View details" gives me this:

image.png.9408c899058e1789e69dca840bf21cf8.png

Clicking "Run backup now" gives me this:

image.png.412b775dca0fe8abb2f3d1d0c35dddd0.png

It's been "Preparing to run backup" for at least an hour now.

The CrashPlan History shows this:

So it seems that the container update did its job (update downloaded & applied - maybe).

I don't see much other logging information in the app, so I'm not sure where to look to find out what's going wrong.

EDIT: 15 minutes later, it shows this:

image.png.06d2751f7b7a8146edbe1c8003febdc5.png

and there's nothing new in the History.

Doing some more digging, I looked at restoring files, and this is what it shows me for dates:

image.png.d6792cec698ae714c1fcc866211b1af3.png

That top one is my appdata directory. I know it's been updated more recently than March 19th...

Did you look at log/service.log.0 in your appdata?  In your history, we see that CrashPlan is starting often.  Are you restarting the container?  Or maybe it's CrashPlan that crashes?

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Djoss said:

Did you look at log/service.log.0 in your appdata?  In your history, we see that CrashPlan is starting often.  Are you restarting the container?  Or maybe it's CrashPlan that crashes?

That was the trick.  My account expired on 3/17/2018!!!! Hmmm... maybe that was the 6 (or so) months of free service they gave because they killed the Home program.

Well, I know what the problem is. Now we just need them to bring the Home program back and it'll all be good!

You'd have thought some sort of courtesy email saying "Hey, your account will expire in 30 days" would have been nice... :/

Edited by FreeMan
29 minutes ago, FreeMan said:

That was the trick.  My account expired on 3/17/2018!!!! Hmmm... maybe that was the 6 (or so) months of free service they gave because they killed the Home program.

Well, I know what the problem is. Now we just need them to bring the Home program back and it'll all be good!

You'd have thought some sort of courtesy email saying "Hey, your account will expire in 30 days" would have been nice... :/

I agree!  How did you realised that your account was expired?  Is there something in service.log.0 that indicate that?

6 minutes ago, Djoss said:

I agree!  How did you realize that your account was expired?  Is there something in service.log.0 that indicate that?

Yeah, would have been nice of me to mention that, eh?

This was in the log:

[04.04.18 01:40:30.072 INFO  11193_AUTH-5 backup42.service.peer.Authorizer] AUTH:: CPCLoginResponseMessage@-1542240028[ authDate=1474246489116, userId=<userid>, license=CPLicense@<CPLicense>[ PRO, key=<key> permissions=[admin.backup.sets, admin.cpd.adfree, admin.backup.backup, admin.backup.high_encryption, admin.backup.hosted, admin.backup.advanced_settings, admin.backup.realtime, admin.cpd.restore, admin.backup.restore], expireDate=2018-03-17T00:59:59:999 EXPIRED, continueDate=2018-03-24T00:59:59:999 CONTINUATION EXPIRED, baseLicense=License@<License>[ PRO, permissions=[admin.backup.sets, admin.cpd.adfree, admin.backup.high_encryption, admin.backup.realtime, admin.backup.advanced_settings] ]; CPLicense@<CPLicense> PRO, permissions=[admin.backup.sets, admin.cpd.adfree, admin.backup.high_encryption, admin.backup.realtime, admin.backup.advanced_settings] ] ], secureDataKeyUpdateRequired=false, orgName=<orgName>, passwordExists=false, reauthorizeInterval=86400000, configDate=1522816883912, hasConfigXml=false, social=null, externalAuthenticatorSessionKey=null, keepDataKeyThroughReassign=false, stsUrl=, super=CPCLoginResponseMessage@-1542240028[remoteId=<remoteId>, session=<session>, remoteGuid=4200]  ]

Also, I find this setting from that string keepDataKeyThroughReassign=false interesting. That feels like it's going to disconnect me from my existing backup, and may have been why I couldn't just pick up the Pro backup where my Home backup left off - I ended up having to completely rebackup all 2.2TB of data. :(

Maybe you can find some way to parse the log, look for the "expireDate=" setting and display it to us users as a courtesy to make up for Code42's lack of communication...

Annoyingly, I've got an account page at Code42, but there's nowhere on their page that will let me enter new credit card info to pay for another year. It's almost as though they don't want to keep their customers. Heck, now I login and it takes me to a page that says "login to continue" with a login link. I click, login, and it takes me right back there. The "My Subscriptions" page shows nothing. The Order History page shows nothing. Rapidly losing faith in you, Code42! I'm going to have to get them on the phone to get this sorted out.

I did manage to find where my account was originally created in October, but I accepted the "transfer" to Pro in September. On the 17th, actually. Exactly 6 months later, my account expired, so I only got 5 months free because I accepted the offer too soon. :(

I was going to use that 6 months to investigate some other options, but, you know, life got in the way, so here I am with 2 options - pay up now! or go with no backup until I figure something else out. At the minimum, I'm plugging that 1TB external in and making copies of all the totally irreplaceable stuff. Right now!

7 hours ago, FreeMan said:

Maybe you can find some way to parse the log, look for the "expireDate=" setting and display it to us users as a courtesy to make up for Code42's lack of communication...

Yes, that's exactly why I asked if there was something in the log indicating the expiration :)

• Upvote 1
On 4/7/2018 at 10:20 AM, FreeMan said:

Yeah, would have been nice of me to mention that, eh?

This was in the log:

[04.04.18 01:40:30.072 INFO  11193_AUTH-5 backup42.service.peer.Authorizer] AUTH:: CPCLoginResponseMessage@-1542240028[ authDate=1474246489116, userId=<userid>, license=CPLicense@<CPLicense>[ PRO, key=<key> permissions=[admin.backup.sets, admin.cpd.adfree, admin.backup.backup, admin.backup.high_encryption, admin.backup.hosted, admin.backup.advanced_settings, admin.backup.realtime, admin.cpd.restore, admin.backup.restore], expireDate=2018-03-17T00:59:59:999 EXPIRED, continueDate=2018-03-24T00:59:59:999 CONTINUATION EXPIRED, baseLicense=License@<License>[ PRO, permissions=[admin.backup.sets, admin.cpd.adfree, admin.backup.high_encryption, admin.backup.realtime, admin.backup.advanced_settings] ]; CPLicense@<CPLicense> PRO, permissions=[admin.backup.sets, admin.cpd.adfree, admin.backup.high_encryption, admin.backup.realtime, admin.backup.advanced_settings] ] ], secureDataKeyUpdateRequired=false, orgName=<orgName>, passwordExists=false, reauthorizeInterval=86400000, configDate=1522816883912, hasConfigXml=false, social=null, externalAuthenticatorSessionKey=null, keepDataKeyThroughReassign=false, stsUrl=, super=CPCLoginResponseMessage@-1542240028[remoteId=<remoteId>, session=<session>, remoteGuid=4200]  ]

Also, I find this setting from that string keepDataKeyThroughReassign=false interesting. That feels like it's going to disconnect me from my existing backup, and may have been why I couldn't just pick up the Pro backup where my Home backup left off - I ended up having to completely rebackup all 2.2TB of data. :(

Annoyingly, I've got an account page at Code42, but there's nowhere on their page that will let me enter new credit card info to pay for another year. It's almost as though they don't want to keep their customers. Heck, now I login and it takes me to a page that says "login to continue" with a login link. I click, login, and it takes me right back there. The "My Subscriptions" page shows nothing. The Order History page shows nothing. Rapidly losing faith in you, Code42! I'm going to have to get them on the phone to get this sorted out.

I did manage to find where my account was originally created in October, but I accepted the "transfer" to Pro in September. On the 17th, actually. Exactly 6 months later, my account expired, so I only got 5 months free because I accepted the offer too soon. :(

I was going to use that 6 months to investigate some other options, but, you know, life got in the way, so here I am with 2 options - pay up now! or go with no backup until I figure something else out. At the minimum, I'm plugging that 1TB external in and making copies of all the totally irreplaceable stuff. Right now!

Thanks wierd.  I just checked mine and it expires after 1 year.  But is that price accurate?  it cant be...

Product Name Payment Method Price Auto Renewal Date Expiration Date
  CrashPlan for Small Business Migration (Details)  2.49 USD 9/13/2018 9/17/2018