Upgrading from 6.2 Beta build to current stable release

Hi guys,

Just after a bit of advice, please. I am currently having a bit of an issue with my current copy of unraid, it has been ok for ages now but I do realise that I'm still on 6.2 beta and would like to upgrade to the most current stable release. However, when i try to go go "plugins" and update - it doesn't work. It just sits at 0% and never goes further.

What's the best way to upgrade manually? Should I basically copy my config / key and format the USB with the latest version, then copy these files back?

From what i can tell, that should be all good and I just need to reassign the drives to the array again making sure I don't assign the wrong ones as parity etc.

Could someone perhaps shed some light for me, please?

Cheers!

3 hours ago, Brandan said:

Hi guys,

Just after a bit of advice, please. I am currently having a bit of an issue with my current copy of unraid, it has been ok for ages now but I do realise that I'm still on 6.2 beta and would like to upgrade to the most current stable release. However, when i try to go go "plugins" and update - it doesn't work. It just sits at 0% and never goes further.

What's the best way to upgrade manually? Should I basically copy my config / key and format the USB with the latest version, then copy these files back?

From what i can tell, that should be all good and I just need to reassign the drives to the array again making sure I don't assign the wrong ones as parity etc.

Could someone perhaps shed some light for me, please?

Cheers!

Download the version from limetech's website.  Extract all of the bz* files from the zip onto the flash drive.  Reboot the server.