USB 3.0 Header adapter (SOLVED)

DanielCoffey

I would appreciate some advice on USB headers for connecting an unRAID thumb drive to a motherboard USB 2.0 or 3.0 header rather than having it sticking out the back as usual. The thumb drive I will be using is a Corsair VoyagerGT USB 3.0 32Gb

My current motherboard is an ASUS Maximus IX Formula and has the following USB 2.0 or 3.0 connectors (ignoring the 3.1 connectors)...

1x onboard USB1314 9-pin - currently in use for Aquaero6

1x onboard USB 3.0 20-pin - vacant, located horizontally at edge of board under GPU slot

4x rear panel USB 2.0

4x rear panel USB 3.0

I currently have 6 devices directly connected to the rear USB ports but I can reduce it if needed. The Aquaero goes to the onboard USB 2.0 header. I know there are USB 2.0 headers that go to a pair of USB 2.0 ports but the Aquaero won't fit onto those as it requires a header. I could use a USB 3.0 header to USB 3.0 socket for the pen drive but would need some sort of support for it, or a short cable that would allow it to be velcroed to the chassis.

What do you suggest?

Edited by DanielCoffey
found one