Docker Safe New Permissions - What does it do?

Hi unRAIDERs.... so, this docker safe perms in Fix Common Problems to me is so damn confusing! Running Extended tests gives me:

The following files / folders may not be accessible to the users allowed via each Share's SMB settings. This is often caused by wrong permissions being used on new downloads / copies by CouchPotato, Sonarr, and the like:

/mnt/user/Data/Resources/time95645775.jpg     ME/users (1000/100) 0670
/mnt/user/Data/Users/RED/Voice Mail.amr       ME/users (1000/100) 0770

Plus ~1300 files with 'incorrect' permissions

These files (and others) were copied from my Mac to the unRAID share. I don't understand why it's best to run a reset to docker safe permissions (which will also reset the user to "nobody") when I can access everything on unRaid without issue. Interestingly, there are many other files that have been added to the array from my Mac that aren't listed in the report... so my guess is it could have something to do with the owner/group settings, or, as I suspect, the level of access granted (i.e. 670 & 770)? Either way what should the proper docker 'safe' level of access be and (if it's doable) I'll CHMOD this from command line with ME/users as the owner & group. If not, I'll hold my nose and run reset to docker safe perms if nobody/users is part of the problem. If I'm completely off base, perhaps someone could help me understand why this is throwing up on the files listed abover?

Thanks Guys in advance to anyone that can ELI5! 🤣