Krusader Transfer Window

Hi everyone, I am just setting up my unpaid box and I am using Krusader to transfer files from external unassigned device to the array. My issue is if click anywhere on the crusader screen while the transfer is going the process bar window disappears. It appears the transfer continues but I can't find a way to get the progress bar back up, so I don't know when the transfer is complete. Does anyone know how to get the transfers back up?

• 3 weeks later...

it seems that there are quite a few people who are looking for a way to get the transfer window back (include me in that group)...has it been settled that there is simply no way, and that's that?

who is the creator of Krusader and is there any chance at all that whoever is in charge of that project to address this? It's probably a long shot to hope for this feature to be added in the near future, but Krusader seems (to me) to be so close to being the perfect Web GUI replacement for Midnight Commander, that it would be a shame to see it stop so close to being just that. If the transfer queue could be added on as a separate pane at the bottom of the dual-pane file panel, it would be such a sweet way to manage unRAID's files without the use of a virtual machine on older systems (like mine), which don't really support VM's.

although my Krusader docker just stopped working, out of the blue...but I'll start another thread for that.

yup, Krusader's got the stuff to be *the* go-to Web GUI file-manager for unRAID...so close, and yet, still a few things to resolve...the disappearing transfer windows seems like an oversight, more so than a missing feature...after all, it is working, just not after clicking somewhere outside of it.

do you know of a link to a support forum for it? is it a GitHub project?

Krusader is a linux file manager, and it probably works fine if you are actually running it on a real linux desktop. I think the problem comes from trying to run a linux desktop inside a docker. I don't know if it can be fixed, but probably the support thread for the Krusader docker in the unRAID forum is the place to ask.

• 2 months later...

@tillkrueger @jenskolson @trurl @unrateable @jonathanm @1812 @Squid since all of you were active in this thread.

I found a way to get the file transfer back.

1. Bring up the Guacamole left panel menu (CTRL ALT SHIFT)
  2. Input Method = On Screen Keyboard
  3. In the On Screen Keyboard, use ALT (it'll stay on, 'pressed') then TAB, select it using TAB, then ALT again (to turn off)

A tip I found too, is that anytime doing a copy or move, always best to use the 'queue' button in the pop-up confirmation dialog so that multiple transfers are sequentially handled. It's easy to get to the queue, I found using this it often mitigates much of my need to see the file transfer progress window.

The 'Queue Manager' is easy to get back on the screen by using the top menu, Tools > Queue Manager

• Like 9
  • Upvote 15
4 minutes ago, Lev said:

@tillkrueger @jenskolson @trurl @unrateable @jonathanm @1812 @Squid since all of you were active in this thread.

3. In the On Screen Keyboard, use ALT (it'll stay on, 'pressed') then TAB, select it using TAB, then ALT again (to turn off)

A tip I found too, is that anytime doing a copy or move, always best to use the 'queue' button in the pop-up confirmation dialog so that multiple transfers are sequentially handled. It's easy to get to the queue, I found using this it often mitigates much of my need to see the file transfer progress window.

The 'Queue Manager' is easy to get back on the screen by using the top menu, Tools > Queue Manager

Wow.   Never even knew about the Guac menu.   Now, what do we do with this post as this question comes up a fair amount of time?

2 hours ago, Squid said:

Wow.   Never even knew about the Guac menu.   Now, what do we do with this post as this question comes up a fair amount of time?

If you know of a better place to post it, let me know. I'll post a link back to it from the Sparky-Repo thread. I found this thread by searching to see a answer existed.

If someone ever takes over the Sparky Krusader to update it, this was one of two possible solutions to the problem, the one I posted is the easiest and requires no changes to the container. The other solution (assuming it works) that I first started going down the path of trying to build wmctrl inside the container. Seems like wmctrl would make it possible to add a button inside the container on the Krusader GUI and Menu, but it requires some additional work.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Bobbydigital said:

This is something I've been trying to figure out for ages! A button inside the Krusader GUI would be very handy. Thanks @Lev!

Nobody on this forum maintains the Krusader code. The docker is just a container (like a tiny Virtual Machine) that Krusader runs in. I doubt a button will be forthcoming.

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2017 at 12:24 PM, Lev said:

Lev sir you are a genius!

thank you was copying 4TB of files over from an external. 3hrs in i accidentally clicked removing it that is awesome

edit found a slightly faster way

A simple alt-tab brings the same selection (option-tab on Mac) without need for the on-screen keyboard

Edited by Can0nfan
simpler solution
  • Like 2
On 12/24/2017 at 2:15 PM, Bobbydigital said:

This is something I've been trying to figure out for ages! A button inside the Krusader GUI would be very handy. Thanks @Lev!

just alt-tab with krusader tab in focus (option-tab on mac) i found is a slightly more graceful way to do same task as the on screen keyboard

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A little late to the party but perhaps this will be useful to somebody. This disappearing copy window is a result of the dialog box being moved to a different desktop. The suggestions above did not work for me however I was able to figure out that if you hold the scroll wheel on the mouse (center click and hold) you are presented with a dialog to select the various windows on other desktops. Your copy dialog should be listed and able to be selected from there. 

7 hours ago, CraigGivant said:

A little late to the party but perhaps this will be useful to somebody. This disappearing copy window is a result of the dialog box being moved to a different desktop. The suggestions above did not work for me however I was able to figure out that if you hold the scroll wheel on the mouse (center click and hold) you are presented with a dialog to select the various windows on other desktops. Your copy dialog should be listed and able to be selected from there. 

If you are currently still having the issue, then you need to move to binhex's docker. His is much more up to date, and has a toolbar at the bottom of the screen that shows all active processes.

Since this is your first post to the forum, how about an intro? You should post in the lounge and tell us a bit about yourself and your unraid server.

On 1/22/2019 at 5:20 PM, jonathanm said:

If you are currently still having the issue, then you need to move to binhex's docker. His is much more up to date, and has a toolbar at the bottom of the screen that shows all active processes.

Since this is your first post to the forum, how about an intro? You should post in the lounge and tell us a bit about yourself and your unraid server.

I am using binhex's docker and have since seen the toolbar at the bottom. Not sure why I missed it in the first place but believe it had to do with the scale I had the browser set to.

Thanks for the follow-up. I plan on becoming involved in the community but have spent the last week "playing" with my new toy on trial. I have made good progress and am so far very impressed. I'll certainly get over to the lounge at some point. 

• 3 years later...