True Backup via Unraid?

Is there a true backup (i.e. 'versions') docker for unRaid?  Something that would use unRaid as the storage mechanism, backing up data from local PC's and versioning files in specific directories.

Backblaze B2 is a good business choice, but even being 400% cheaper than Amazon S3, backing up my 12TB of files across my devices would be very costly (> $700/year!).  I can buy a lot of drives for $700/yr...  I'd loose the 'off-site' aspect, but willing to live with that.

Perhaps buy a NAS such a a 5 drive drobo5N2 (max 64TB) outfit it with enough storage for redundancy, and giving them some read only accesses to the Plex server for their troubles and keep it updated with duplicati?   If things go bad, goto the family members place, bring the device home, and you will have your data...

That's my idea off the top of my head....

@TinkerToyTech

I would never recommend a Drobo to anyone, they used to use a proprietary storage system and possibly still do, this means you can't take a drive out of a Drobo and plug it into a computer to access the data.

There are much better solutions out there from Qnap or Synology that use standard file systems.

Just my personal recommendation, don't mean to bash TinkerToyTech's suggestions.

Drobo was just the name / max datasize that I knew off the top of my head that you could build up storage as you go and that had Plex server on it to offer the place to co-locate your backup for the least hassle and cost.    The idea is to get your backup of the data away from your place, just thinking of Texas right now and the disaster situation they have now.

Remember, the cloud is just someone else's computer!

@TinkerToyTech

7 hours ago, ashman70 said:

I would never recommend a Drobo to anyone, they used to use a proprietary storage system and possibly still do, this means you can't take a drive out of a Drobo and plug it into a computer to access the data.

There are much better solutions out there from Qnap or Synology that use standard file systems.

Just my personal recommendation, don't mean to bash TinkerToyTech's suggestions.

8 hours ago, TinkerToyTech said:

Perhaps buy a NAS such a a 5 drive drobo5N2 (max 64TB) outfit it with enough storage for redundancy, and giving them some read only accesses to the Plex server for their troubles and keep it updated with duplicati?   If things go bad, goto the family members place, bring the device home, and you will have your data...

That's my idea off the top of my head....

@TinkerToyTech

I think the off-site version using duplicati could work.  I built an unraid server for my son, so I could just beef his rig up and do weekly backups...  I guess you'd want to make sure that both homes weren't in the same floodplain! ;)