Replaced cache drives and now having issues with docker.img

tazire

as the title states i have just replaced my cache drives and all went well all the files are back as i want them and that. I am having an issue with the docker.img. I had my original one backed up from mnt/cache/ and realised I wasnt sure how to get the file back into that path. Anyway as a way around in the docker settings I changed the path to mnt/user/appdata and pasted my saved docker.img there. When I went to restart my docker.img I got this error.

Your existing Docker image file needs to be recreated due to an issue from an earlier beta of unRAID 6. Failure to do so may result in your docker image suffering corruption at a later time. Please do this NOW!

My question now is will I be able to move this docker.img to mnt/cache and get all my existing docker installs back or should i start over with my docker.img??

2 minutes ago, tazire said:

as the title states i have just replaced my cache drives and all went well all the files are back as i want them and that. I am having an issue with the docker.img. I had my original one backed up from mnt/cache/ and realised I wasnt sure how to get the file back into that path. Anyway as a way around in the docker settings I changed the path to mnt/user/appdata and pasted my saved docker.img there. When I went to restart my docker.img I got this error.

Your existing Docker image file needs to be recreated due to an issue from an earlier beta of unRAID 6. Failure to do so may result in your docker image suffering corruption at a later time. Please do this NOW!

My question now is will I be able to move this docker.img to mnt/cache and get all my existing docker installs back or should i start over with my docker.img??

Simplest solution is to simply recreate it.  Then go to the Apps tab, previous apps and reinstall your old apps.  No modifications of the templates will be required.

• 9 months later...
On 8/31/2017 at 1:47 PM, Squid said:

Simplest solution is to simply recreate it.  Then go to the Apps tab, previous apps and reinstall your old apps.  No modifications of the templates will be required.

Great trick, thank you!  I upgraded my cache drive and got the error saying I needed to recreate the image file.  I was worried that I would have to reconfigure everything, but not the case.  It was a quick and easy fix and all of my template settings were saved and the app settings were all saved too, so I didn't do anything but install the docker apps from Previous tab.

Thanks Squid!