[6.3.5] Can I preclear HDDs on one array for use on another?

I am about to set up my second unRAID box with 4x 8TB WD Reds and would like to know if I can preclear the new drives on the old array then move them to the new array once the preclear is complete?

The old array is accessible, only in light use and has spare SATA ports. The new array is being changed from my main dual boot Linux/Win10 PC to unRAID with VMs and storage. While I have the SATA ports free, I don't want to tie up the new machine for the couple of days that the preclear will probably take as it is in frequent use.

I am about to set up my second unRAID box with 4x 8TB WD Reds and would like to know if I can preclear the new drives on the old array then move them to the new array once the preclear is complete?

The old array is accessible, only in light use and has spare SATA ports. The new array is being changed from my main dual boot Linux/Win10 PC to unRAID with VMs and storage. While I have the SATA ports free, I don't want to tie up the new machine for the couple of days that the preclear will probably take as it is in frequent use.
No problems doing that.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1