A proper login page

Guest zin105

Currently unRAID uses basic auth to enter credentials for the web gui, but many password managers don't support this. Would be great if we could get a proper login page.

Examples

This kind of login page always works with password managers.

op6biXv.png

This does not

QnUZW.png

Edited by zin105
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, matthope said:

With a proper disconnect and user management.

Not quite sure what you mean by user management. By design, only root can access the web management or console, and only non-root can access share assets.

Can you outline what exactly you want to allow other users access to in the web management?

On 22/12/2017 at 6:46 AM, jonathanm said:

Not quite sure what you mean by user management. By design, only root can access the web management or console, and only non-root can access share assets.

Can you outline what exactly you want to allow other users access to in the web management?

Well, root can access eveything and modify everything and that's ok. At the moment, I have 3 VM working on my server (mac, linux & windows) and they are used by more than one user. We are programmers and sometimes we crash the OS that need to rebooted from the webGUI. I would like to give access to only VM management to certains users instead of giving them root access. This could be extended to about every tab in the webGUI.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • 5 months later...
On 12/28/2017 at 1:05 PM, matthope said:

Well, root can access eveything and modify everything and that's ok. At the moment, I have 3 VM working on my server (mac, linux & windows) and they are used by more than one user. We are programmers and sometimes we crash the OS that need to rebooted from the webGUI. I would like to give access to only VM management to certains users instead of giving them root access. This could be extended to about every tab in the webGUI.

I like this idea... would make management of certain VM's a lot easier.

On 12/28/2017 at 7:05 PM, matthope said:

Agree.  It's a problem for me that if a VM goes wrong (happening a lot with 6.5.3), I'm the only one who can force stop/restart.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2018 at 5:05 AM, eschultz said:

We plan on adding API rest endpoints for everything in the gui some point down the road.  I think that'll make your job much easier!

Just jumped onto the forums to ask about this exact thing.  Lucky I searched.  :)

Is there any information beyond "some point down the road"?

I've seen a couple of other threads where the same thing has been asked, including a Reddit post where the responses were pretty rude.  Looks like there's certainly some level of interest out there.

• Like 1