A proper login page

Guest zin105

On 12/28/2017 at 11:05 AM, matthope said:

Well, root can access eveything and modify everything and that's ok. At the moment, I have 3 VM working on my server (mac, linux & windows) and they are used by more than one user. We are programmers and sometimes we crash the OS that need to rebooted from the webGUI. I would like to give access to only VM management to certains users instead of giving them root access. This could be extended to about every tab in the webGUI.

I'd love to have some VM acl controls so I can grant specific users access to power on/off specific VMs, or restrict/allow editing etc.

Edited by WashingtonMatt
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I came to this thread because of people over on the 6.6.0-rc3 prerelease thread complaining about a password manager. I'm a little confused. I use Google Chrome along with Lastpass. Whenever I go to login to my unraid the user id and password are always pre-filled in for me on the authentication box that pops up. I'm not sure if its chrome autofilling it in or my lastpass. I have 2 unraid boxes 1 where it auto fills and the other where it doesn't, haven't looked into the differences. But it seems with either lastpass or google chrome it is possible to have the password and login auto filled. Sorry can't offer more details as to which of the 2 is doing it, I just know its doing it as I just tried to pull it up and each time the user and password are already there and I just have to hit ok. 

1 minute ago, ispaydeu said:

I came to this thread because of people over on the 6.6.0-rc3 prerelease thread complaining about a password manager. I'm a little confused. I use Google Chrome along with Lastpass. Whenever I go to login to my unraid the user id and password are always pre-filled in for me on the authentication box that pops up. I'm not sure if its chrome autofilling it in or my lastpass. I have 2 unraid boxes 1 where it auto fills and the other where it doesn't, haven't looked into the differences. But it seems with either lastpass or google chrome it is possible to have the password and login auto filled. Sorry can't offer more details as to which of the 2 is doing it, I just know its doing it as I just tried to pull it up and each time the user and password are already there and I just have to hit ok. 

I suspect that it is Chrome that is filling in the user name and password.   You can easily test this by logging out of Lastpass.  If it still fills it in, it is Chrome. (BTW, there is a logout button/option in Unraid, so testing is easy.)   If you are using BOTH Chrome and LastPass, you have a potential security issue.  (My personal opinion is that Chrome is not near as secure as LastPass and cracking that Chrome password file will be easy compared to LastPass.)  Use one or the other but not both...   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...