zin105

A proper login page

123 posts in this topic Last Reply

On 7/29/2019 at 12:10 AM, limetech said:

We have this implemented for 6.8 release.

Can't wait to see what it looks like, I am guessing it will fit to the current WebUI design.

On 8/17/2019 at 8:24 PM, Can0nfan said:

chrome saves mine with no issues

On 9/1/2019 at 4:55 PM, Can0nfan said:

yeah but i dont access them through my google home mini's with no cameras staring at my Mac's keyboard i dont think its a concern

If Chrome has your password, Google has your password. If you have Google home devices - Google has access to your local network. I think that was the point. 

Sneak peak, Unraid 6.8.  The image is a custom "case image" I uploaded.

Capture.PNG

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

@limetech Looks like you include a random developer pic of the day into the login page. Great idea 😂😂😂

The picture on the login screen is taken from the "system" image on the Dashboard page.

Of course this can be any "random" picture, including a developer (which happens to be @limetech🙂

10 hours ago, limetech said:

Capture.PNG

I'm assuming that there will be dark mode login too? 😉

1 hour ago, Conmyster said:

I'm assuming that there will be dark mode login too? 😉

Or tied to the theme.

10 minutes ago, cobhc said:

Or tied to the theme.

My guess is that this is how it will work, I personally don't see any better way that it would work.

/me awaits the inevitable question "Do you have anything less Orange?"

I am so happy to see that support of password managers  is actually coming that I don't care what it looks like!!!!     😁

On 9/5/2019 at 9:25 PM, limetech said:

Capture.PNG

that looks Awesome!!!! any word if it will support the currently active theme being used?

ooops just needed to scroll up

Edited by Can0nfan

On 9/5/2019 at 5:31 PM, Xaero said:

If Chrome has your password, Google has your password. If you have Google home devices - Google has access to your local network. I think that was the point. 

im not too paranoid about it like some folks...i do use a couple different password managers as well my google home minis are all i have and I am aware they are always listening for that "hey google" or "ok google" command before acknowledging me, that doesn't worry me much

Personally I wouldn't ever trust any IOT device to be on the same network as everything. Security isnt the highest priority for the manufacturers as they try and gain market share.

Sent from my NSA monitored device

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/6/2019 at 1:25 PM, limetech said:

Capture.PNG

Hey look, it’s me!

4 hours ago, GreenEyedMonster said:

I so want to know when it comes out... Wireguard and Login page is what i'm waiting on!

There have been a couple of problem areas that LimeTech is addressing to fix before releasing the 6.8-rc series.

https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/stable-releases/sqlite-db-corruption-testers-needed-r598/page/7/?tab=comments#comment-5428

and 

https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/stable-releases/67x-very-slow-array-concurrent-performance-r605/page/8/?tab=comments#comment-5448

They were hoping at the time that these problems could be quickly resolved and that a 6.7.3 stable could be released first but they both have proven to be quite difficult to solve.  There was a post some place where Tom provided more details on what their initial thinking was but I can't find it at this point. 

Edited by Frank1940

is it possile i could somehow contribute to the website page your doing? i study website design as part of my college course, and im happy to help you out. i can pm you my gitlab page, and use git to help develop. what part would this be for? im guessing on the unraid web login.

@limetech Is newer Kernel (at least 5.2.7) still on track for 6.8 ?  Us on the new X570 chipset want our System temp back :) 

You can see details of the issue in that thread :

2 hours ago, Pducharme said:

Is newer Kernel (at least 5.2.7) still on track for 6.8

Yes, latest 5.2.x.

43 minutes ago, limetech said:

Yes, latest 5.2.x.

Not 5.3 :0

Atleast we know now 5.4 in Nov is next LTS :)