[6.4.0-rc8q] Average disk temperature readings

realies

1 hour ago, realies said:

What I mean is that one would be interested in the temperature values for individual disks and never the average between all of them.

Well, "never" is a pretty broad claim when speaking for everyone. From what I can tell the average is not occupying space that could be used by something else, so I don't really see how having it would be a problem. I actually find it rather convenient to have.

Still no idea what LCM got to do with the average temperature. :)

Lost in translation there, I have edited the post.

@bonienl, what if one of the disks has an issue that brings its temperature up because of internal mechanical malfunction? This would affect the reading of the average temperature from which you take "hot or cold days".

@gubbgnutten, I understand the "if it's not doing any harm, let it be" attitude, but this is the statistics page. Is there any other practical usage of the average, other than assumptions such as "It is a hot day today because my average between all disks is x °C".

This indication could be greatly influenced and made even more irrelevant in a case of a system with dynamic fan speeds based off temperature sensor readings.

Edited by realies