Krusader docker will start, but not the Web GUI

for some reason unbeknown to me, my Krusader docker, which I have been using for days now to shuffle data within the array to free up disks which I then either remove from the array (if they are old and small) or reformat to XFS, just stopped working...no changes in my configuration whatsoever (or none that I made, anyway), but when I click on the "OK" button in the initial Krusader screen, it won't go to the dual-pane view, as it has been for days.

where do I even begin trouble-shooting this?

I went ahead and removed/reinstalled the docker...still wouldn't start, initially, then had a sense that maybe the Host 2 path might have something to do with my troubles, switched it first to /mnt/disk1/Krusader/ (no luck), then back to /mnt/user/Krusader/, and after a couple of failed attempts to connect to the Guacamole Server, third attempt succeeded.

Seems like I was really just guessing and stumbling through this, with no true knowledge of what I was doing, but I appear to be back up...not that I feel like I learned anything from this ;)

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, after using Krusader pretty much non-stop for the past two weeks, it appears to me as if it's a powerful but finicky beast...it often won't start as it did the day before, or will hang, or the GUI won't come up, or...

I, too, would love to see it reach its full potential, but being that it is a mature piece of code running in a Docker, it may be the Docker aspect that's at fault, rather than Krusader itself...I wish I had the knowledge of installing some sort of virtual machine host on my aged unRAID server, *without* going the route of completely upgrading its hardware, so that I could accomplish this...but that's a topic for another thread.

I am also experiencing this issue. I would need to completely remove the docker and it's appdata. Re-install and it'll work for the first day. Then back to it just hanging at the XRDP login prompt. I can't for the life of me figure out what the hell is the issue. Would love to have it fixed.

This is what I'm getting in the logs for the docker

ErrorWarningSystemArrayLogin

Fatal server error:

Server is already active for display 1
If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X1-lock
and start again.

ddxGiveUp:
Error: Can't open display: :1

Openbox-Message: Failed to open the display from the DISPLAY environment variable.

Fatal server error:

and start again.

ddxGiveUp:

Openbox-Message: Failed to open the display from the DISPLAY environment variable.

Fatal server error:

and start again.

ddxGiveUp:

Fatal server error:

and start again.

ddxGiveUp:

Fatal server error:

and start again.

ddxGiveUp:

Fatal server error:

and start again.

ddxGiveUp:

Fatal server error:

and start again.

ddxGiveUp:

Fatal server error:

and start again.

ddxGiveUp:

Fatal server error:

and start again.

ddxGiveUp:

Fatal server error:

and start again.

ddxGiveUp:

Fatal server error:

and start again.

ddxGiveUp:

Fatal server error:

and start again.

ddxGiveUp:

guacd[164]: INFO:	Using fallback PATBLT (server is ignoring negotiated client capabilities)
guacd[164]: INFO:	Using fallback PATBLT (server is ignoring negotiated client capabilities)
Sep 23 10:06:07 d50ab8452f52 guacd[164]: Using fallback PATBLT (server is ignoring negotiated client capabilities)
Sep 23 10:06:07 d50ab8452f52 guacd[164]: Using fallback PATBLT (server is ignoring negotiated client capabilities)
Sep 23 10:06:07 d50ab8452f52 XRDP[167]: (167)(47195364642816)[INFO ] An established connection closed to endpoint: NULL:NULL - socket: 11

Sep 23 10:06:07 d50ab8452f52 XRDP[167]: (167)(47195364642816)[INFO ] An established connection closed to endpoint: NULL:NULL - socket: 11

Edited by zeyoner
18 minutes ago, tillkrueger said:

I feel your pain. And while we’re at it, if there was a menu function to get the transfer progress window back after clicking anywhere outside of it, that would make data operations soooo much easier too.

so close, and yet so far, this Docker.

Wow, dude I can't agree more. I've done this countless times and have spent a lot of time looking for an option some where..

I feel bad, complaining about an incredible tool like Krusader, but I'm now on my 3rd day trying to move 1TB of data from one drive to another within the array, interrupted by countless mishaps that make no sense.

I'll have to open another thread to see whether someone knows of a way to maybe run some sort of minimal VM desktop that can work on an older dual-core system like mine, from which one can run a Linux file-manager...but Krusader is one of the go-to file-managers on Linux, as I understand it, so it may just add another layer of potential trouble to the equation.

Being able to run Krusader in a Docker like this is certainly an amazing feat, but without being able to see its file-operation progress once one loses the transfer progress window, and all the other frequent start-up issues, it is a matter of great patience when using it for big tasks like the one I'm in the middle of.

But let me say this: Krusader is a work of code art, and I am grateful for being able to use it on unRAID like this.

Agree.  That is why I mentioned console.  I use my IPMI KVM connection to get to the console.  Then I don't have to worry about screen.  If you don't have IPMI then your only options is to leave the putty session open and hope it doesn't disconnect or to use screen if doing it remotely or a keyboard and monitor connected and do it locally.

Exactly, but for a terminal simpleton like me, hardly an option. That's why I searched long and hard for a GUI solution like Krusader. If I had remotely the experience and ability with command line tools as you, I wouldn't use something like Krusader, for sure. Even with all of Krusader's issues, I still feel more comfortable using it over MC, sadly.

Although I do use MC for small file operations that don't take but minutes.

Edited by tillkrueger
amended original post
On 12/19/2014 at 5:14 AM, sparklyballs said:

Tapatalk users: This post is best viewed as a web page

Using squid's php script to keep this more updated.

width=40http://i.imgur.com/uf0NDSm.png[/img]KrusaderKrusader is a fully featured file manager, highly configurable. Full gui in a RDP container accessible via browser.Support

So the developer of the container is on here. Maybe he can shine some light on our issues.

On 9/23/2017 at 10:03 AM, zeyoner said:

I am also experiencing this issue. I would need to completely remove the docker and it's appdata. Re-install and it'll work for the first day. Then back to it just hanging at the XRDP login prompt. I can't for the life of me figure out what the hell is the issue. Would love to have it fixed.

While I sometime have issues, the ones you are describing, zeyoner, have only happened once to me (having to fix it by a complete un- and re-install)...I hope there is some way for you to get past this...the disappearing progress panel is an issue I am learning to live with, although it would be nice to see a menu item to bring it back up...I am two 2TB disks (out of 14 of varying sizes from 2-6TB) away from having them all converted to XFS, which has been an endeavour of almost 2 weeks, so I probably won't be using Krusader anywhere near as much after I'm done sometime this week...still, I'd love to keep using it for all of my data-management operations and see it reach its full potential.

• 6 months later...

Still a newbie here  but this may help some Krusader users.

1) Check the "main" window and see if you can tell if Krusader is actually moving files. I usually leave it on MB/s view. I would wait until the system is in-active before proceeding. Next,  if Krusader wont open the GUI and it was working fine before. I just stop the app, go into settings and change 

/mnt/user/appdata/kde/    to

/mnt/user/appdata/kde2/

restart the app and if the GUI works ... the appdata had become corrupted

I dont know how to fix it but this will get you up and running quickly.

2) To get the "transfer progress window" back, it's explained somewhere in these forums, it's easy.

Click anywhere in the Krusader window. Then hold the SHIFT-ALT-CTRL down at the same time. A large side menu will pop-up. Choose the button "on screen keyboard". Using the Large "on screen keyboard" that pops up. Click on ALT then TAB to scroll thru any "transfer progress windows" that have been hidden. When you highlight the "transfer window" that you want to appear. On your REAL keyboard hold the SHIFT-ALT-CTRL down at the same time again. Choose the "none" option on "text input" method, and your back to seeing the "transfer progress window" that you've chosen.  You can do this multiple times if you have  a "queue" and "do not close when done" transfer windows that you want to bring forward.

Good Luck all !!

• 9 months later...
51 minutes ago, JQNE said:

I've been trying to do everything with krusader. I have not seen ever the krusader Gui to work. And it seems to be 100% useless if the gui won't open. Any ideas?

Docker list when I click krusader there is only Console option not Gui.

Original Krusader is no longer being updated, and hasn't for some time. Do you have the newest version by Binhex? Also, this is a very old post. If you have further issues, you would probably get more/better help in the docker thread. 

Edited by jebusfreek666
4 minutes ago, jebusfreek666 said:

Original Krusader is no longer being updated, and hasn't for some time. Do you have the newest version by Binhex? Also, this is a very old post. If you have further issues, you would probably get more/better help in the docker thread. 

Thanks for notice. Yes I meant the newest binhex-krusader. I will transder my question to docker thread.

On 9/23/2017 at 10:24 AM, tillkrueger said:

I feel your pain. And while we’re at it, if there was a menu function to get the transfer progress window back after clicking anywhere outside of it, that would make data operations soooo much easier too.

so close, and yet so far, this Docker.

I believe it is doable someone posted how to but its been awhile so don't know where it was posted try the docker support page for Krusader it may be there

• 1 year later...