[Support] Clowrym's Docker Repository

clowrym

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a lot of trouble getting this to work properly.  I can't get port 51413 to open, and there's nothing in the configuration to set it.  And second, there's no config directory being created; I've searched the entire array and cache pool and there's not a single reference to the container anywhere.  It's like the entire thing is being run in RAM or something.  Because of this I can't upload my NordVPN ovpn file that I prefer to use instead of the default one the container auto-selects for me.  I've tried both DelugeVPN and QBittorrentVPN containers and they're working just fine, but I'd prefer to use Transmission because I'm much more familiar with it and want to use the remote client instead of the web interfaces.

OK, I was able to add the ports and get those going, and set a variable to put the transmission directory actually on the disk (although I still can't see where the ovpn file should be put), but now there's another problem: I'm getting "Permission denied" when trying to download a torrent and write it to the the disk.  QBittorrent and Deluge have downloaded the exact same file to the exact same directory with no problems, yet Transmission can't do it even after I changed the share setting to Public.  So I'm officially at a loss as to what the heck is going on.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for maintaining this TransmissionVPN app. 

I'm having trouble accessing the webUI through my wireguard VPN. 

I can access the webUI from my home LAN without any trouble, so I'm reasonably certain my home network is set properly in the Docker. 

But I need to access the webui through my Wireguard VPN.  When I'm on the road I access ALL my other dockers through this Wireguard VPN.  This Transmission docker is the only one I can't get to. 

Any suggestion where I might start looking in the Transmission docker settings to get this to work? 

In wireguard, I've tried setting up various different peers using either "Remote tunneled access" or "Remote Access to LAN". Both work for all my other dockers.  Neither works for this Transmission docker. 

55 minutes ago, AeroMaestro said:

Thanks for maintaining this TransmissionVPN app. 

I'm having trouble accessing the webUI through my wireguard VPN. 

I can access the webUI from my home LAN without any trouble, so I'm reasonably certain my home network is set properly in the Docker. 

But I need to access the webui through my Wireguard VPN.  When I'm on the road I access ALL my other dockers through this Wireguard VPN.  This Transmission docker is the only one I can't get to. 

Any suggestion where I might start looking in the Transmission docker settings to get this to work? 

In wireguard, I've tried setting up various different peers using either "Remote tunneled access" or "Remote Access to LAN". Both work for all my other dockers.  Neither works for this Transmission docker. 

I think its because of this setting in the Transmission_VPN docker - LOCAL_NETWORK. It most likely has your LAN segment only and not VPN segment.

What I've done is install Firefox docker and use that to access the Transmission webUI. That way, everything is local to the server.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, itlists said:

I think its because of this setting in the Transmission_VPN docker - LOCAL_NETWORK. It most likely has your LAN segment only and not VPN segment.

What I've done is install Firefox docker and use that to access the Transmission webUI. That way, everything is local to the server.

Its been a while since ive used wireguard, but i dont remember having any issues accessing the GUI using wireguard. how do you have wireguard set? Lan & Spoke i beleive works for me.....

I do have a script that runs though to add lan networks:

docker exec Transmission_VPN /bin/sh -c "/sbin/ip r a 192.168.0.0/24 via 172.17.0.1 dev eth0"

Edited by clowrym
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, itlists said:

Aha!  Some limited success!   My home network is on 192.168.1.0 my WireGuard VPN is on 10.253.0.0. 
So I switched this LOCAL NETWORK setting to 10.253.0.0/24 and now I can access the WebGUI from my VPN connections but can't access it from my home network. 

Got any ideas how I can possibly add a second Local Network in these settings?  I see clowrym's script suggestion, but I'll admit I'm enough of a Docker newbie that I'm not sure where I'd put that script or precisely what it does. 

EDIT: I just tried going back to that LOCAL_NETWORK setting and wrote

10.253.0.0/24, 192.168.1.0/24

And it worked!   I can't believe it was that easy! I can access the GUI from my Wireguard VPN and from my home network.
Sheesh.  I've been on the road for over a week and struggling with this the whole time. 

Edited by AeroMaestro
Followed up with a solution. Edited instead of making a new post.
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2022 at 9:20 AM, WexfordStyle said:

I am wondering where the config files are located for the Transmission container? I don't see the /config variable that is referenced in the description anywhere in the template?

GENERALLY HERE:  image.png.9c65521397411e2a4e08e42bfd1058c8.pngBut depends on what you have set, can you post your run command?

• 2 weeks later...

Im not seeing the server.properties on the left like I used to.
I am unable to update the motd.

Second issue is it seems the console isnt pushing anything to the java console.
I used to be able to go in, then op my kids so they can set some of the server settings. 
That doesnt seem to be working now.

Im running unraid 6.11.5 and mineos docker isnt telling me that I need to update.
Any thoughts?

• 1 month later...

Hello im trying to do a modded forge server but it won't start and won't log why it failed. I also tried to manually start the server via the startserver.bat file but i only got errors that said: Unable to access jarfile forge-1.19.2-43.2.3-installer.jar. the modpack im using is Valhelsia 5.

On 12/18/2022 at 12:09 PM, clowrym said:

GENERALLY HERE:  image.png.9c65521397411e2a4e08e42bfd1058c8.pngBut depends on what you have set, can you post your run command?

I finally had a chance to get back to looking at this. That line is not present in the current unraid template. I am trying to install the Transmission-VPN docker and the /config path is not there...

Also what is this tmedia downloads mapping?

image.thumb.png.2441be1c9c4d2a9d3eb640ec6ea0b18c.png

Edited by WexfordStyle
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have this working successfully with sonarr/radarr and completed download handling? I am having some troubles with the download location and how the categories in radarr/sonarr interact with transmission.

It seems like transmission is messing up the download locations. I initially tried to use categories but I am getting double data/torrent/movies/movies and data/torrent/movies/tv when I just want data/torrent/movies and /data/torrent/tv. I noticed sonarr has the option the override the download path and radarr does not. This initially seemed like a good option but it seems only one of them has this functionality. Am I approaching this right. I think I am close to having this all done but the transmission arr automation is giving me a hard 

My initial config in transmission is to set the download location to /data/torrent and then have sonarr/radarr append the movies and tv folders with categories but they end up updating the download location in transmission settings and it gets confused.

What am I missing?

Ok, it seems not to be a Java Version issue, as I was able to see that the docker is running already java 17.

But in MineOS - if I use a forge source 1.16.5, then a java runtime for that Verison is created, which I can select and start.

But with every newer version the executable Verison is is not created.

36 minutes ago, forsaken1 said:

I'm getting this same error but I can't find the json file to change it

with the help of chat GPT I copied the file from the container and made the change but still getting permission denied for the file locations. the weird part is not of the other containers have the same issue

14 minutes ago, forsaken1 said:

with the help of chat GPT I copied the file from the container and made the change but still getting permission denied for the file locations. the weird part is not of the other containers have the same issue

I found what worked for me. I had to change it from the default locations to where I actually wanted it to go

transmission container config.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for maintaining the Transmission_VPN docker, I've been using it for ages and has been rock solid until recently.

I noticed that it is eating up a lot of memory as time goes by (reaching in excess of a few GB), this appears to be caused by excessive logging of unsuccessful IPv6 connects (as referenced here https://github.com/transmission/transmission/issues/86).

An apparent solution appears to be to set "messages-level" to "1" instead of "2" as it is currently set.

Any help on how I would go about doing this would be much appreciated, as the "settings.json" file resides within the docker container itself.

After some light research - added a variable "TRANSMISSION_MESSAGE_LEVEL" with a value of "0" to the docker configuration, that resulted in altered settings.json, will revert back on memory consumption.

UPDATE: After approx. 15 hours and numerous torrent downloads (around 15-16 incl. larger than 50GB) memory usage with all torrents removed from seeding list stands at around 4,76GB, which appears quite high.

Any ideas as to what might be "eating up" memory?

Moving from latest to dev branch to test if anything changes.

UPDATE II: Been a few days on the "dev" branch, memory usage seems to be within reasonable range (up to 700-1000MB)...

Edited by headnail
did some reading....
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...