[Support] Clowrym's Docker Repository

clowrym

2 minutes ago, clowrym said:

Personally I just changed the location until I found one that had good speedster beleive I'm using Switzerland right now, and I typically max out my 300mb connection

That's the one I'm using. And I think I found the problem being the comcast (For the guys in USA) modem

3 minutes ago, gacpac said:

@clowrym sorry to bother again. Any clue on how to set the privoxy?

I tried using space invader video, but it's not really working. My configuration for transmission is this.

To be honest i've never set up privoxy, so I have no idea how it works.....

I actually run 2 seperate unraid servers, one runs transmissionVPN/minecraft/teamspeak for the kids and the other stores all my media and houses plex, sonarr, radarr, as well as another Minecraft-bungeecord server.....was only really worries about running Transmission traffic through the server, hadn't really looked at running the rest as of yet. Origionally I had radarr and sonarr on the same server as transmission, but for some reason there were issues copying from the transmission server to the media server, Once I moved Sonarr and radarr to the server that house plex/media, my issues went away

Edited by clowrym
32 minutes ago, clowrym said:

I actually run 2 seperate unraid servers, one runs transmissionVPN/minecraft/teamspeak for the kids and the other stores all my media and houses plex, sonarr, radarr, as well as another Minecraft-bungeecord server.....was only really worries about running Transmission traffic through the server, hadn't really looked at running the rest as of yet

That's a pretty sick setup. All I have is an old Lenovo slim tower m83 running with an i5 for multiple dockers 2 massive HDDs 

On 5/1/2019 at 12:31 PM, clowrym said:

CLick force resart and a window should pope up, your looking for this:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='MineOS-node' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Denver" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'USER_PASSWORD'='password' -p '25565-25575:25565-25575/tcp' -p '8443:8443/tcp' -p '8120-8126:8120-8126/tcp' -p '25565:25565/udp' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/minecraft/':'/var/games/minecraft':'rw' -v '/mnt/cache/minecraft':'/mnt/data':'rw' 'hexparrot/mineos' 
479fd653a593c9ed8f3c2b7e150b6c26e540c50b6cb593d4964337fad4dace05

Also, 

can you check the user:group on the folders / subfolders, they all should be 1000:1000 per below

image.png

Hi, I had to go out for the week but am back.  I do not have a Force Restart option anywhere.  I tried looking at the Container on the Docker tab of Unraid as well as looking at the container in Portainer.  

I did look at the subfolders and all the folders that you wanted me to look at are, (for /mnt/cache/appdata/minecraft root:root), and for the sub folders they are (bobbo489:1000).

1 hour ago, bobbo489 said:

Hi, I had to go out for the week but am back.  I do not have a Force Restart option anywhere.  I tried looking at the Container on the Docker tab of Unraid as well as looking at the container in Portainer.  

I did look at the subfolders and all the folders that you wanted me to look at are, (for /mnt/cache/appdata/minecraft root:root), and for the sub folders they are (bobbo489:1000).

If you click the advance button (top left of the unraid docker managment page) you will see a force update button. I would also chown 1000:1000 all the folders/files in /mnt/cache/appdata/minecraft including ~/minecraft and see if it makes a difference. 

Edited by clowrym
forgot to list the including folder!!
1 hour ago, clowrym said:

If you click the advance button (top left of the unraid docker managment page) you will see a force update button. I would also chown 1000:1000 all the folders/files in /mnt/cache/appdata/minecraft including ~/minecraft and see if it makes a difference. 

Well, I found the password.  Odd that it is this (below).  Here is the run command.  

Edited by bobbo489

22 hours ago, clowrym said:

I would also chown 1000:1000 all the folders/files in /mnt/cache/appdata/minecraft including ~/minecraft and see if it makes a difference. 

This makes managing the files on the system really complicated. Unraid really expects all the content to be 99:100. Read through coppit's message below; is this something that can be adapted into your container? I'm willing to make the PR if its something you would support. 

17 minutes ago, Indmenity83 said:

This makes managing the files on the system really complicated. Unraid really expects all the content to be 99:100. Read through coppit's message below; is this something that can be adapted into your container? I'm willing to make the PR if its something you would support. 

I expect everything would work just fine as 99:100, ive never tried it, I only stuck with 1000:1000 becuase i was running a minecraft plugin origionally and when i switched over to the docker all the origional files i transfered were 1000:1000.... My comment to change above was only based on my situation. I'll test it out with 99:100 and see if everything works as expected & update the template accordingly

Thanks clowrym for this Transmission docker.  I'm having issues with Deluge and wanted to try something different.  Apparently Deluge can start to have issues when you are seeding more than around 100 torrents...

Anyway, your Transmission was simple to setup with PIA and I am getting an IP in Toronto with port forwarding.  I read several pages of this thread, but didn't see an answer; does your Transmission docker have a kill switch?

I see this under "open VPN options"  "--inactive 3600 --ping 10 --ping-exit 60 --restart=always"  what exactly does each mean?  Should I add the --restart=always?

Best,

craigr

I didnt actually create this Docker, Only the Unraid template. If I remember correctly, this was supposed to test your connection and restart it if it wasnt connected,

Restart container if connection is lost

If the VPN connection fails or the container for any other reason loses connectivity, you want it to recover from it. One way of doing this is to set environment variable OPENVPN_OPTS=--inactive 3600 --ping 10 --ping-exit 60 and use the --restart=always flag when starting the container. This way OpenVPN will exit if ping fails over a period of time which will stop the container and then the Docker deamon will restart it.

Edited by clowrym

Hi everyone.

I'm having some issues with the  download folder, I set it up like this:

grab_001.thumb.JPG.ddb4bb0249edf8d0e7d5a5b57fb6bd89.JPGgrab_002.JPG.4e31d5704b94b6f41d76ddb0d65e6a49.JPG

But when the any torrent finishes, it dissapears. While it's downloading i can see it in the Transmission incomplete folder, but after it finishes and it gets transfered to the complete folder it's gone.

"The Trans_option_Download_Dir" path is relative to what? To the Transmission Host Path 2? I can't find it anywhere. What am I doing wrong here?

One more question, anyone knows why Transmission keeps changing the watch folder permissions to read-only on startup? Everytime it goes back to read only, quite anoying.

3 hours ago, l3gion said:
Hi everyone.
I'm having some issues with the  download folder, I set it up like this:
grab_001.thumb.JPG.ddb4bb0249edf8d0e7d5a5b57fb6bd89.JPGgrab_002.JPG.4e31d5704b94b6f41d76ddb0d65e6a49.JPG

But when the any torrent finishes, it dissapears. While it's downloading i can see it in the Transmission incomplete folder, but after it finishes and it gets transfered to the complete folder it's gone.
"The Trans_option_Download_Dir" path is relative to what? To the Transmission Host Path 2? I can't find it anywhere. What am I doing wrong here?

One more question, anyone knows why Transmission keeps changing the watch folder permissions to read-only on startup? Everytime it goes back to read only, quite anoying.

Thanks

Really simple.

You are telling transmission to download in torrents in /downloads but then you are telling it that the download directory is /completed

They don't match so it gets saved inside the docker image.

Map the download path to /completed and then locate it to the fodker you want in the host that should something like /mnt/user/downloads/completed.

This my config.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Screenshot_20190523-070709.png

Edited by gacpac

@clowrymHey I'm getting some sort of an issue, maybe you can help or anyone from the forum. 

Long story short, I have attached my settings and it looks like the docker is keeping my hard drives spinning all the time. 

All I have in the array is the completed and incomplete downloads. Everything else is going to the cache.

Some advice?

Just reviewing my system, The majority of the time My downloads are small enough to stay on one disk, so my second disk in this sytem spins down just fine unless a torrent starts downloading / seeding from that disk. Maybe you have files seeding / downloading on multiple disks?

One  thing to note, I don't use a parody disk in the server that runs transmission, as this server only runs transmission!

I believe as this Docker is always running for Download / seeding the disks won't spin down. You may be able to avoid all disks from staying up if you specify specific disk to the download share.

Edited by clowrym
9 hours ago, gacpac said:

Really simple.

You are telling transmission to download in torrents in /downloads but then you are telling it that the download directory is /completed

They don't match so it gets saved inside the docker image.

Map the download path to /completed and then locate it to the fodker you want in the host that should something like /mnt/user/downloads/completed.

This my config.

Screenshot_20190523-070709.png

Thanks mate, that really helped.

Got everything solved now, that config screenshot should be linked int the initial page of transmission here ;)

Thanks mate, that really helped.
Got everything solved now, that config screenshot should be linked int the initial page of transmission here

I have tweeked my docker that you can't even imagine.

Now I'm dealing with other stuff. My docker is keeping the hard drives active. But i think I got a response already from@clowrym

On 5/23/2019 at 2:14 PM, clowrym said:

Just reviewing my system, The majority of the time My downloads are small enough to stay on one disk, so my second disk in this sytem spins down just fine unless a torrent starts downloading / seeding from that disk. Maybe you have files seeding / downloading on multiple disks?

One  thing to note, I don't use a parody disk in the server that runs transmission, as this server only runs transmission!

I believe as this Docker is always running for Download / seeding the disks won't spin down. You may be able to avoid all disks from staying up if you specify specific disk to the download share.

I really don't stay seeding. They download, seed for about 20% and finish. I also tried manually mapping the disk, didn't work. And yes! I know that If I buy a Big SSD and set the share to prefer cache. That will likely fix the problem.

But I'm looking for a different solution T.T I don't want to buy an extra cache drive.

interesting, I wonder if there is a plugin / docker that can tell you what is keeping the disk spun up, unless transmission is actually storing files on all the different disks, I dont see why yours would stay spun up. you can have a look at your downloads folder and see what/which disks its storing everything on. Looking at mine, there are some folders that span both disks, but almost all files are on one disk only. the files that are on both disks currently look like they are old recovery files from past downloads. All transmission conf. files & current downloads are all housed on disk 1.

One thing I see that is different then my set up is your config directory, I map mine specifically to /mnt/cache/appdata, rather then /mnt/user/appdata, but i dont think that would make a difference unless your appdata share isnt set to cache only.

For me is easy. I have only 2 disks in my array. 1 for Parity, 1 for Data.

I have the file activity plugin which logs when a folder is read or attributes are set. And every time I restart the docker I get this

image.thumb.png.90235481122459be21de17b214ddc993.png

And It's okay. But then my disks never spin down, not even manually. Only with the docker off. 

I know I'll fix it, a post the solution here, because this is going to bother me.