[Support] Clowrym's Docker Repository

clowrym

3 minutes ago, clowrym said:

That's why, transmission is always running and watching, if you only have one data disk, it will never spin down while transmission is running...

Well, Even if I have 2 more drives. Transmission will be always running and wherever the drive is, will stay spinning, even if there's no download at the time I guess. 

on my server, Transmission only keeps the disks used spun up, so my Disk 2 spins down unless there are downloads / seeding on a particular disk. I expect yours should be the same.

That being said, my disk 1 never spin's down, as its always active. You could try turning off the watch folder, but then I dont know if soarr/radarr use that should you be using those

currently my disk 2 is spun down...

image.png.c264447a3c7a5ee9f6d72b6b40bda5be.png

Edited by clowrym
so many random thoughts!!
39 minutes ago, clowrym said:

on my server, Transmission only keeps the disks used spun up, so my Disk 2 spins down unless there are downloads / seeding on a particular disk. I expect yours should be the same.

That being said, my disk 1 never spin's down, as its always active. You could try turning off the watch folder, but then I dont know if soarr/radarr use that should you be using those

currently my disk 2 is spun down...

image.png.c264447a3c7a5ee9f6d72b6b40bda5be.png

LOL, 

I think I got it now. I changed my location to /cache instead of /user

Also I noticed that some files were left behind in my disk1 by checking with the plugin "open files". I'll keep checking see if it comes back up or not. I've been messing with the folder caching app as well so. This has been all try and error. 

I need to say thanks for this amazing community and everyone that helped.@clowrym it's working perfectly right now.

The /data location is set to cache
/download location is set to array
/incomplete location is set to array

The problem was the transmission.log and the blocklist.bin somehow still in the array. I manually deleted the file using krusader, and they got recreated in the right place.

I used to confirm the files were not in use with the "open files" plugin and the "file activity" plugin.

I really thought I was going crazy. I'll do an additional reboot of the server just in case.

4aa2b8749f89cac71219779148539cea.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hello,

Just installed the transmission_vpn container and running into an issue.

I've selected my vpn provider PROTONVPN from the drop down list. However, the openvpn_config drop down list still shows pia vpn endpoints only. I've clicked on Edit and entered in the correct value for protonvpn from the github list, without .ovpn extension (https://github.com/haugene/docker-transmission-openvpn/tree/master/openvpn/protonvpn). After clicking Save, the docker settings still shows the pia entries only. 

Log file shows openvpn tried to use the pia file and couldn't, then switched to the default for PROTONVPN. 

Looking for help on how to make the correct openvpn_config endpoint stick in settings.

Thanks!

Edited by itlists
9 hours ago, itlists said:

Hello,

Just installed the transmission_vpn container and running into an issue.

I've selected my vpn provider PROTONVPN from the drop down list. However, the openvpn_config drop down list still shows pia vpn endpoints only. I've clicked on Edit and entered in the correct value for protonvpn from the github list, without .ovpn extension (https://github.com/haugene/docker-transmission-openvpn/tree/master/openvpn/protonvpn). After clicking Save, the docker settings still shows the pia entries only. 

Log file shows openvpn tried to use the pia file and couldn't, then switched to the default for PROTONVPN. 

Looking for help on how to make the correct openvpn_config endpoint stick in settings.

Thanks!

are you changing the default values? ie. local1|local2|local3 etc...? default value is where the config names are stored and have to have "|" in between ( this is the vertical line on your keyboard, not a capital i)

image.thumb.png.9491efbdc5097428011ac288909e486c.png

Edited by clowrym
added a screenshot
  • Upvote 1
10 hours ago, clowrym said:

are you changing the default values? ie. local1|local2|local3 etc...? default value is where the config names are stored and have to have "|" in between ( this is the vertical line on your keyboard, not a capital i)

Thanks for the help! 

I ended up doing something else - I deleted that variable and added a new one with the same name and put in the profile name I needed. Logs show its working well. 

1 hour ago, itlists said:

For the transmission-vpn docker, is there a way to use/incorporate newly added vpn configs to the main git repository? 

Or do we wait for you to build and release an update specifically for unraid?

Thanks!

You can go here and request that your VPN provider be added, Alternativly, if your using a VPN that is already there, you can add options here, seperated by a vertical line. Then they will show up in the drop down. This is also the same process if you are using something other than PIA, as this Docker template is set up for PIA Specifically

image.png.a4d93662332f42a43b6006fa4009b44f.png

31 minutes ago, clowrym said:

You can go here and request that your VPN provider be added, Alternativly, if your using a VPN that is already there, you can add options here, seperated by a vertical line. Then they will show up in the drop down. This is also the same process if you are using something other than PIA, as this Docker template is set up for PIA Specifically

Thanks for the quick reply. I've done that already. 

There's a new ovpn file added to haugene's git repository. I want to make use of that. I've added that in the openvpn_config already but the docker log says its unable to locate the ovpn file. I don't get the error if I use older config files, only for the new ones added in the last 12-24 hrs.

Edited by itlists
2 hours ago, itlists said:

For the transmission-vpn docker, is there a way to use/incorporate newly added vpn configs to the main git repository? 

Or do we wait for you to build and release an update specifically for unraid?

Thanks!

Which one is it? I'll take a look

5 hours ago, clowrym said:

Which one is it? I'll take a look

ch-ca-01.protonvpn.com.udp

Using OpenVPN provider: PROTONVPN
Supplied config ch-ca-01.protonvpn.com.udp.ovpn could not be found.
Using default OpenVPN gateway for provider protonvpn

Edited by itlists

I checked your naming & such, as well as read your issue posted on the git page. I don't see any reason that It shouldn't work, I personally use PIA, so I have no way of testing. If your VPN_PROVIDER & VPN_PROVIDER_CONFIGS values are correct, there is no reason this shouldn't work That I can see. As haugene had suggested, sis you try and pull the image again? (Force Update)

7 minutes ago, clowrym said:

I checked your naming & such, as well as read your issue posted on the git page. I don't see any reason that It shouldn't work, I personally use PIA, so I have no way of testing. If your VPN_PROVIDER & VPN_PROVIDER_CONFIGS values are correct, there is no reason this shouldn't work That I can see. As haugene had suggested, sis you try and pull the image again? (Force Update)

How do I force update? 

There's no space after the 1 in the name.