[Support] Clowrym's Docker Repository

clowrym

Was using Deluge for awhile, but I really want to get back to Transmission. I've reset my configuration back to defaults and trying unsuccessfully to get up and running again. I'm using NordVPN (I know PIA is preferred here). I'm making more progress, but getting stuck on this:

Using OpenVPN provider: NORDVPN
Setting NORDVPN_PROTOCOL to: DEFAULT
2019-06-10 08:59:37 Checking curl installation
2019-06-10 08:59:37 Removing existing configs
2019-06-10 08:59:37 Selecting the best server...
2019-06-10 08:59:37 Searching for country : us (228)
2019-06-10 08:59:37 Searching for group: legacy_p2p
2019-06-10 08:59:37 Best server : us3628.nordvpn.com
2019-06-10 08:59:37 Downloading config: default.ovpn
2019-06-10 08:59:37 Downloading from: https://downloads.nordcdn.com/configs/files/us3628.nordvpn.com.default.ovpn
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
2019-06-10 08:59:37 Using OpenVPN CONFIG :: default
2019-06-10 08:59:37 Downloading config: default.ovpn
2019-06-10 08:59:37 Downloading from: https://downloads.nordcdn.com/configs/files/default.ovpn
2019-06-10 08:59:37 Checking line endings
2019-06-10 08:59:37 Updating configs for docker-transmission-openvpn
Starting OpenVPN using config default.ovpn
Setting OPENVPN credentials...
adding route to local network 192.168.0.0/24 via 172.17.0.1 dev eth0
Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in /etc/openvpn/nordvpn/default.ovpn:1: html (2.4.7)

I've added the NORDVPN_COUNTRY variable and set to "us". Still can't seem to get anywhere. I know know what parameter is extra or missing.

Noticed an issue with Transmission when adding magnet links, the torrents are in paused state instead of starting right away.

According to the official transmission docs, the default is to start added torrents. I've even added the variable in my docker config but the torrents are still in paused state when added.

45 minutes ago, itlists said:

Noticed an issue with Transmission when adding magnet links, the torrents are in paused state instead of starting right away.

According to the official transmission docs, the default is to start added torrents. I've even added the variable in my docker config but the torrents are still in paused state when added.

Can you check this setting:

image.png.3718c9a714d2e5499e7b649410b6ba71.png

• Upvote 1
Is there something else I can try?
Thanks
That is enabled doesn't mean it's working. You should check on github there's a list of values that you can declare for auto start.

But I think it's already there by default. Have you tried pulling a new image for the docker. Maybe the image is wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, gacpac said:

That is enabled doesn't mean it's working. You should check on github there's a list of values that you can declare for auto start.

But I think it's already there by default. Have you tried pulling a new image for the docker. Maybe the image is wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. 

Force update was one of the first things I tried. Will do another now just to be sure.

I've tried with and without the 'start when added' variable and neither seems to work.

• 4 weeks later...

Last night I attempted to setup transmission_vpn for the first time using NordVPN.

It looks as though the config file URL the docker uses to download the config has an extra .ovpn extension resulting in a 404.

Using OpenVPN provider: NORDVPN
Setting NORDVPN_PROTOCOL to: OVPN
2019-07-12 11:05:02 Checking curl installation
2019-07-12 11:05:02 Removing existing configs
2019-07-12 11:05:02 Selecting the best server...
2019-07-12 11:05:02 Searching for group: legacy_p2p
2019-07-12 11:05:02 Best server : us3737.nordvpn.com
2019-07-12 11:05:02 Downloading config: default.ovpn
2019-07-12 11:05:02 Downloading from: https://downloads.nordcdn.com/configs/files/us3737.nordvpn.com.ovpn.ovpn
2019-07-12 11:05:02 Using OpenVPN CONFIG :: https://downloads.nordcdn.com/configs/files/ovpn_udp/servers/us4031.nordvpn.com.udp.ovpn
2019-07-12 11:05:02 Downloading config: https://downloads.nordcdn.com/configs/files/ovpn_udp/servers/us4031.nordvpn.com.udp.ovpn.ovpn
2019-07-12 11:05:02 Downloading from: https://downloads.nordcdn.com/configs/files/https://downloads.nordcdn.com/configs/files/ovpn_udp/servers/us4031.nordvpn.com.udp.ovpn.ovpn
Warning: https://downloads.nordcdn.com/configs/files/ovpn_udp/servers/us4031.no
Warning: rdvpn.com.udp.ovpn.ovpn: No such file or directory
curl: (23) Failed writing body (0 != 1)
Supplied config https://downloads.nordcdn.com/configs/files/ovpn_udp/servers/us4031.nordvpn.com.udp.ovpn.ovpn could not be found.
Using default OpenVPN gateway for provider nordvpn
Setting OPENVPN credentials...
adding route to local network 172.16.16.0/24 via 172.17.0.1 dev eth0
Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in /etc/openvpn/nordvpn/default.ovpn:1: html (2.4.7)

• 2 weeks later...

I installed transmission_vpn with following settings (see image)

The installation doesn't seem to be working on UNRAID 6.7.2....WebGUI cannot be launched.

When I install, put in Mullvad username and password, then open up WebGUI...I get blank web page with

"

Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.123:9091.

"

My server is located on 192.168.1.123, and local ports are open for all devices on 192.168.0.0/24

Why am I getting this error? Why can I not launch WebGUI?

Also,

In edit settings, what is:

1. Container Path: / data. -  is this for incomplete downloads?

2. RPC_USERNAME and PASSWORD: why is this required? Noone uses the server but me. How can I disable this it?

3. What is difference between "Container Path: /downloads" and "Container Variable: RANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_DIR"? Where is torrent data downloaded?

4. Where are INCOMPLETE files downloaded?

5. Is this app maintained?

When I installed the app, I went to appdata/TRansmission_VPN folder. And config file is missing. openvpn-credentials.txt are also missing. Why? Does that  folder need to be modified?

Thanks.

temp.jpg

Edited by emod
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok I need a little help and excuse my extreme ignorance on how to get this running, please.

I have a backup .tgz of a MC server.

I have installed MineOs-node on my unraid server.

How do I get this .tgz installed and running in MineOs. Babysteps, if you don't mind :)

Thank you in advance

Edit; let me point out I was able to create a NEW server that he could connect to and run around and everything worked fine (as far as I know). I just want to restore this /world/  folder so that he can get back to the progress he had previously.

Edit2: Well, what the heck. I restarted the docker within unRaid and went back to the webgui for MineOS-node. Now the test server I created isn't listed in the gui? The files are still in the /appdata/minecraft/ folder like before. It's just not showing in the gui itself?

Edited by jpotrz

Basically you just have to place the world files inside of your servers Folder, for instance, My sons sever & Downloaded worlds are placed in 

/mnt/cache/appdata/minecraftOS/servers/RykersServer/

where ~/mazerunner was a Maze runner map we downloaded that was based on the maze runner movie. There is also a folder for Hogwarts, temple, labyrinth, etc. one for each world you want to have on your server. If you have multiple worlds, you may also need a plugin so they can travel between them easily, ie. creative gates.

image.thumb.png.0de1fcb36fa1407295351bf52a41790d.png

• 4 weeks later...

Regarding haugene/transmission-openvpn...

I've been using this container for years on its own IP address with no issues.  I've decided I want to run it using the host's IP.  The container works, however the entire Unraid host and any other docker containers that also run using the host's IP are now having all their internet traffic routed through the account I've got the Transmission_OpenVPN container connecting to.  There's got to be some way to make it so the VPN connection is isolated to just this container, right?

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, PaulieORF said:

Regarding haugene/transmission-openvpn...

I've been using this container for years on its own IP address with no issues.  I've decided I want to run it using the host's IP.  The container works, however the entire Unraid host and any other docker containers that also run using the host's IP are now having all their internet traffic routed through the account I've got the Transmission_OpenVPN container connecting to.  There's got to be some way to make it so the VPN connection is isolated to just this container, right?

Thanks in advance.

Thats an odd issue, I have always had mine set to the Host IP & only Transmission traffic is routed through my VPN. can you post your settings for the container?

15 minutes ago, PaulieORF said:

When I switch to bride, I get this.  And then the docker container becomes an orphaned image.

2019-09-10_18-16-09.jpg

Can you click edit on your port entries and show me whats inside, there is something wrong. Mine looks like this:

-p '9091:9091/tcp' -p '1198:1198/udp'

Where your's look like this:

image.png.a6f1b085975afaf2e4b880e120c32a0c.png

8 minutes ago, clowrym said:

can you switch to advanced view and send again....

Should  look similar to this:

image.png.31c4f596c7fe52cf56322cea5ccc730f.png

image.png.654d6ccae3c6976b0869dd96ebc2a926.png

Looking at your run command there is somthing wrong with your second one as your getting '1198:admin/udp' rather then '1198:1198/udp'

Oh okay.  I had to enable advanced view to see all the fields.  For the VPN_PORT value, it was listed as "admin" for the container port but it was grayed out, so I was unable to edit it.  So what I did was delete this port and create a new one for it.  Set the container port to 1198, set it to bridged, and now it's rocking and rolling as it should.  Thanks for your help!

2019-09-10_18-53-55.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I'm having an issue with the Transmission_VPN docker image regarding the UMASK settings that is driving me nuts. Hopefully someone could nudge me in the right direction.

I am unsure of the correct variable name, according to some variable chart I found all variables are "TRANSMISSION_WHATEVER" (which worked for all other variables I have set), however that did not seem to work for umask so I switched to just "UMASK" as variable, but still can't get it to work.

For some reason I get this in the download folder:

Topfolder = drwxrwxr-x 1 nobody users - Can't edit

Subfolder = drwxrwxr-x 1 nobody users - Can edit

Files = -rw-rw-r-- 1 nobody users - Can edit (and execute...?)

How come the same rights, topfolder and subfolder behave differently when browsing samba?

Download folder is accessed using a unraid user with R/W access (private samba share), are these settings interfering?

Whats the correct variable and setting to use to have it set 777 (or at least 775) on all folders and files?

Right now I have the settings like this:

Capture.JPG

Edited by SolidFyre
  • Like 1