[Support] Clowrym's Docker Repository

clowrym

On 10/14/2019 at 11:39 AM, SolidFyre said:

Hi!

I'm having an issue with the Transmission_VPN docker image regarding the UMASK settings that is driving me nuts. Hopefully someone could nudge me in the right direction.

I am unsure of the correct variable name, according to some variable chart I found all variables are "TRANSMISSION_WHATEVER" (which worked for all other variables I have set), however that did not seem to work for umask so I switched to just "UMASK" as variable, but still can't get it to work.

For some reason I get this in the download folder:

Topfolder = drwxrwxr-x 1 nobody users - Can't edit

Subfolder = drwxrwxr-x 1 nobody users - Can edit

Files = -rw-rw-r-- 1 nobody users - Can edit (and execute...?)

How come the same rights, topfolder and subfolder behave differently when browsing samba?

Download folder is accessed using a unraid user with R/W access (private samba share), are these settings interfering?

Whats the correct variable and setting to use to have it set 777 (or at least 775) on all folders and files?

Right now I have the settings like this:

Capture.JPG

I've never used this particular setting, But I believe your key should be set to TRANSMISSION_UMASK ,  not just UMASK

Basically any variable you see here or here can be added to your docker template with TRANSMISSION_whichever_setting_you_want_to_be_Static_after_reboot_of_the_container set as the key as you indicated in your post.

For instance, I have my Queue size set :

image.png.92e3a057983e935dbaaa3de7b0b64de9.png

Edited by clowrym
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, clowrym said:

I've never used this particular setting, But I believe your key should be set to TRANSMISSION_UMASK ,  not just UMASK

Basically any variable you see here or here can be added to your docker template with TRANSMISSION_whichever_setting_you_want_to_be_Static_after_reboot_of_the_container set as the key as you indicated in your post.

For instance, I have my Queue size set :

image.png.92e3a057983e935dbaaa3de7b0b64de9.png

Yea, those lists.

Problem solves itself by using the "Safe docker permissions" thingy, but as soon as I download something new the rights gets broken.

Hmm, well it seems that I was correct using TRANSMISSION_UMASK as I did at the start, I have now switched back, will try with some small downloads.

What I have read, 000 is the same as 777 so I am going back to this to try again, maybe I missed something.

Thanks, will report back my findings.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

I'm stuck with Transmission_VPN and I can't understand why, I have the docker configured like this (by editing the variable and removing default values) : 

image.thumb.png.6c2af97d851186e007d260b17f07d02a.png

and appdata config file is set like this 

image.thumb.png.5b96eeb830bfa049a1b05d84ff3ca7b1.png

I downloaded and put config file in these folder 
image.png.4f53822b28cf4924aa94647c0c666e74.png

(it's also available in /mnt/user/appdata/Transmission_VPN) but when I launch the docker logs begin with

Using OpenVPN provider: PROTONVPN
Supplied config ch-10.protonvpn.com.tcp.ovpn could not be found.
Using default OpenVPN gateway for provider protonvpn

I don't understand what I am missing here, can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone getting empty folders when they delete torrent and data? I am using Transmission remote gui  (not web ui from docker) and every time I delete a torrent including data, if it was in a folder, it leaves an empty folder with the download name plus some random text at the end. Its only when I delete from Transmission remote gui. 

On 11/11/2019 at 12:44 AM, kesm said:

Hi, 

I'm stuck with Transmission_VPN and I can't understand why, I have the docker configured like this (by editing the variable and removing default values) : 

image.thumb.png.6c2af97d851186e007d260b17f07d02a.png

and appdata config file is set like this 

image.thumb.png.5b96eeb830bfa049a1b05d84ff3ca7b1.png

I downloaded and put config file in these folder 
image.png.4f53822b28cf4924aa94647c0c666e74.png

(it's also available in /mnt/user/appdata/Transmission_VPN) but when I launch the docker logs begin with

Using OpenVPN provider: PROTONVPN
Supplied config ch-10.protonvpn.com.tcp.ovpn could not be found.
Using default OpenVPN gateway for provider protonvpn

I don't understand what I am missing here, can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

I beleive your openvpn config is incorrect, should be the same as found on this page Proton VPN config Files

On 11/19/2019 at 9:17 PM, kakashisensei said:

Anyone getting empty folders when they delete torrent and data? I am using Transmission remote gui  (not web ui from docker) and every time I delete a torrent including data, if it was in a folder, it leaves an empty folder with the download name plus some random text at the end. Its only when I delete from Transmission remote gui. 

I havent run into this issue, I typically use the web interface though with a different gui set.....

• 2 weeks later...

I use a VPN provider that is not on the provider list. According to Haugene's readme we can specify a custom provider, but I do not see custom as an option in the container settings in Unraid, and if I manually enter custom as the value it defaults to the first provider on the list. Is there a way to add a custom provider in the Unraid container settings or do I need to do it manually in the container settings itself? Thanks for any help!

Hello,

First thank you! I finally found a docker with vpn that I could easily get working with organizr+LE.

I do have two questions:

1. How do I remove the username/password prompt? I tried changing it in unraid but the settings just get overridden. I see the credentials are in the settings.json file. Can I simply change the following to remove credentials and the login prompt?
    "rpc-password": "",
    "rpc-username": "",
    I am using auth_request /auth-# for my security
  2. Is my setup/understanding of the mappings correct?
    Should /data also be in my appdata folder?
    === File structure:
    /downloads
    	/complete
    		tv
    		movies
    	/incomplete
    	/watch
    	/tmp
    /media
    	/tv
    	/movies
    === Docker:
    /data		<-> .../user/downloads/
    /downloads	<-> .../user/downloads/
    /watch  	<-> .../user/downloads/watch/
    TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_DIR	<->	/downloads
    /config 	<-> .../user/appdata/Transmission_VPN
    ===  Inside Transmission:
    	Download to: <-> /downloads

I've tried and tried to figure this out.  But I finally in throwing in the towel and asking for help.  🥺

I have my Transmission_VPN docker working super well.  It connects to my VPN provider, moves files once downloaded, wont start if the VPN is down, etc.  It works great, except;

No matter what I do, it always changes the read/write permissions to the /watch folder and won't let me copy .torrent files directly into it.

Using SAFE NEW PERMS fixes it for a bit, but thats a massive PITA to have to run that all the time.  So what I do now is every 60 minutes I run a script that executes "chmod -R 777 /mnt/user/DownloadsShare/unraidtorrents"

I'm not new to deep diving into the esoterica of speciality OS's, and enterprise systems, BUT, I am not a Linux/Unix expert, and thus can't wrap my head around why I need to manually set the permission to 777 and why the TRANSMISSION_UMASK option set to 777 doesn't fix it.  (Maybe thats just for creation of new FILES and it still somehow sets the folder permissions upon restart of the docker itself?)

Does anyone have a way to call a script or the above bash command, or better yet just setup the docker itself through its internal Transmission features to not change the R/W permissions on the folders one needs to drop .torrent files into?

On 5/9/2019 at 7:12 PM, clowrym said:

I expect everything would work just fine as 99:100, ive never tried it, I only stuck with 1000:1000 becuase i was running a minecraft plugin origionally and when i switched over to the docker all the origional files i transfered were 1000:1000.... My comment to change above was only based on my situation. I'll test it out with 99:100 and see if everything works as expected & update the template accordingly

Just wondering if you had ever got around to testing this. 

Thanks in advance!

Started getting this error repeating in the transmission_vpn log today. Transmission doesn't start

Wed Dec 18 16:31:23 2019 Server poll timeout, restarting
Wed Dec 18 16:31:23 2019 SIGUSR1[soft,server_poll] received, process restarting
Wed Dec 18 16:31:23 2019 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts
Wed Dec 18 16:31:23 2019 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]185.159.157.14:1194
Wed Dec 18 16:31:23 2019 Socket Buffers: R=[212992->212992] S=[212992->212992]
Wed Dec 18 16:31:23 2019 UDP link local: (not bound)
Wed Dec 18 16:31:23 2019 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]185.159.157.14:1194

Upgraded Unraid to 6.8 yesterday but was working fine after the reboot.

I've tried restarting the container, forcing update, restarting unraid but still the same issue persists.

The problem happens with some protonvpn configs but not others. Was using ch-ca-01.... and switched to ch-dk-01... and that works.

Is there some stale DNS caching or some other IP related issue?

Edited by itlists
1 hour ago, itlists said:

Started getting this error repeating in the transmission_vpn log today. Transmission doesn't start

Wed Dec 18 16:31:23 2019 Server poll timeout, restarting
Wed Dec 18 16:31:23 2019 SIGUSR1[soft,server_poll] received, process restarting
Wed Dec 18 16:31:23 2019 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts
Wed Dec 18 16:31:23 2019 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]185.159.157.14:1194
Wed Dec 18 16:31:23 2019 Socket Buffers: R=[212992->212992] S=[212992->212992]
Wed Dec 18 16:31:23 2019 UDP link local: (not bound)
Wed Dec 18 16:31:23 2019 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]185.159.157.14:1194

Upgraded Unraid to 6.8 yesterday but was working fine after the reboot.

I've tried restarting the container, forcing update, restarting unraid but still the same issue persists.

The problem happens with some protonvpn configs but not others. Was using ch-ca-01.... and switched to ch-dk-01... and that works.

Is there some stale DNS caching or some other IP related issue?

I'll update to 6.8 tonight and see if i have the same issue

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been running this docker for about a week or 2 with no issue until today.  I can no longer get into the WebGUI.  Nothing changed, but I can't connect to it; however it still seems to be downloading files through Radarr.  Using PIA as my vpn (which works on other devices).  I see no errors in the logs.

Any ideas??

I've deleted the container, re-installed, updated, and the problem persists.  

Thank you.

Hello, I've been having issues where randomly a couple of days ago my Mine-OS node docker no longer worked. It was having some wonky behavior as in starting up, I'd have just enough time to open the web interface that I could see it was maybe crashing after it ran for approx. 5 seconds? I've tried rebooting, reinstalling and everything, all the times it's giving me the same problem of starting, then crashing 5 seconds in. Unraid still says the docker is running, but the web interface will no longer update / connect. I have tried it in 4 different browsers.

I'm not sure where to begin on troubleshooting this, whether it's an issue with unraid, the docker image or my settings, if someone could help set me straightit would be really appreciated!

Image showing that the graph reaches about 4 "ticks" before becoming unresponsive.GtoqenR.png

4 hours ago, GregFink83 said:

I've been running this docker for about a week or 2 with no issue until today.  I can no longer get into the WebGUI.  Nothing changed, but I can't connect to it; however it still seems to be downloading files through Radarr.  Using PIA as my vpn (which works on other devices).  I see no errors in the logs.

Any ideas??

I've deleted the container, re-installed, updated, and the problem persists.  

Thank you.

Need a little more info, docker settings or run command

43 minutes ago, wesy32 said:

Hello, I've been having issues where randomly a couple of days ago my Mine-OS node docker no longer worked. It was having some wonky behavior as in starting up, I'd have just enough time to open the web interface that I could see it was maybe crashing after it ran for approx. 5 seconds? I've tried rebooting, reinstalling and everything, all the times it's giving me the same problem of starting, then crashing 5 seconds in. Unraid still says the docker is running, but the web interface will no longer update / connect. I have tried it in 4 different browsers.

I'm not sure where to begin on troubleshooting this, whether it's an issue with unraid, the docker image or my settings, if someone could help set me straightit would be really appreciated!

Image showing that the graph reaches about 4 "ticks" before becoming unresponsive.GtoqenR.png

also, need a little more info, Docker settings, or run command

On 1/6/2020 at 7:37 PM, clowrym said:

also, need a little more info, Docker settings, or run command

Hello, if this is what you mean by my Docker settings, here is an image: 

KhlnbrT.png

I also have the same problem with the "profiles" tab as another user:

dfarFUZ.png

On 11/1/2019 at 11:27 AM, darthjonathan12 said:

Can someone help me with this? I have tried restarting and uninstalling the docker. I haven't changed anything other than the password 

Capture3.PNG

On 1/9/2020 at 10:58 AM, clowrym said:

what is the user/group on the folder /mnt/cache/appdata/minecraft? 

It should be just Public, here is a screenshot:

lN49JAy.png

Edit 5 minutes later: I tried running the container... and now it's working again? I've changed nothing since last time? I'll see if it breaks in the future again.

Edit again; after a restart it is no longer working.

Edited by wesy32
15 hours ago, wesy32 said:

It should be just Public, here is a screenshot:

lN49JAy.png

Edit 5 minutes later: I tried running the container... and now it's working again? I've changed nothing since last time? I'll see if it breaks in the future again.

Edit again; after a restart it is no longer working.

I was talking more about this:

image.thumb.png.afc5958d65e8067fb8b418d5e751bc71.png

I've had similar issues to you when these permissions werent correct

Hello,

i'm using Purevpn and  i cant seem to get transmission started. My guess is that no2 server, which si the default server has been shutdown. 

Now, I may have missed something regarding Tranmission_VPN. Am I supposed to opy the openvpn config file somewhere? That would explain the error I'm getting. :)

This is what i see in the Log. 

image.png.372952b69c14b8aedc7f26caa2099f7b.png

Last time i dealt with pureVPN their config files were outdated and had to switch to a different provider, as PureVPN needed to update their certificates. They kept saying they were going to, but after 6-8months they still hadnt, I'm not sure if that could potentially still be an issue, it was over a year ago now. can you post your docker template settings, maybe something in there is incorrect