[Support] Clowrym's Docker Repository

clowrym

Hello,

I'm trying to get your MinecraftPE docker running, and have. 

I've run the 

java -jar /nukkit-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

command and logs show nukkit running, and server is visible at [ip:19132] but with Bedrock v.1.16.20.

36m16:03:39[m [[m[34mINFO [m[m] Starting Minecraft: BE server version [0;36;1mv1.16.20[39;0m[39;0m

Clients updated to 1.16.100 are unable to connect, as expected, getting "server outdated" error.

CA repository for the docker is set to 

ixilon/nukkit

I've followed your GitLab links, and the mirror appears to be showing v1.16.100 for the server.

Is there some reason that the docker isn't pulling from that image? 

I'm a Docker neophyte; I have many running, but the ease of CA installs means I don't have a broad knowledge base of how to fix them when they're not performing as expected.

Erik

Edited by ainuke
clarification and addition of log segments

I would post an issue here https://github.com/Nukkit/Nukkit, I havent run this docker in a long time.....

1 hour ago, cartaio95 said:

hello how can i update the java version on the mineos docker? paper 1.16.4 does not work with the one on the docker.

On 12/2/2020 at 9:02 AM, ainuke said:

Hello,

I'm trying to get your MinecraftPE docker running, and have. 

I've run the 

java -jar /nukkit-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

command and logs show nukkit running, and server is visible at [ip:19132] but with Bedrock v.1.16.20.

36m16:03:39[m [[m[34mINFO [m[m] Starting Minecraft: BE server version [0;36;1mv1.16.20[39;0m[39;0m

Clients updated to 1.16.100 are unable to connect, as expected, getting "server outdated" error.

CA repository for the docker is set to 

ixilon/nukkit

I've followed your GitLab links, and the mirror appears to be showing v1.16.100 for the server.

Is there some reason that the docker isn't pulling from that image? 

I'm a Docker neophyte; I have many running, but the ease of CA installs means I don't have a broad knowledge base of how to fix them when they're not performing as expected.

Erik

On 11/7/2020 at 7:04 AM, PaulieORF said:

On Transmission_VPN, I've switched to using NordVPN instead of PIA.  I've got Nord working using the provider specific variables.  Part of getting Nord to work for me was deleting the OPENVPN_CONFIG variable.  However if I restart the docker container, OPENVPN_CONFIG is automatically created again and points to a PIA config, causing the docker to not start properly because it can't connect.  If I manually remove the variable again and then restart the container it works, but the OPENVPN_CONFIG variable will always come back on subsequent restarts.  How can I make it so OPENVPN_CONFIG does not keep coming back?

Thanks

I have this same issue, does anyone have a solution?

On 12/11/2020 at 8:16 PM, AlexGreenUK said:

I seem to be having an issue with the transmission docker when it does not show any of the other ports. I starts fine with PIA but things like Proxy 8118 do not show up and I cannot connect to it with Sonarr or Radarr. Any help please? Thanks

XSHomeServer-Docker.png

Can you post your run command (remove passwords/usernames etc)

On 12/13/2020 at 4:07 AM, clowrym said:

Can you post your run command (remove passwords/usernames etc)

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='transmission' --net='proxynetwork' --privileged=true -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'OPENVPN_USERNAME'='*******' -e 'OPENVPN_PASSWORD'='*******' -e 'OPENVPN_CONFIG'='netherlands' -e 'OPENVPN_PROVIDER'='PIA' -e 'LOCAL_NETWORK'='10.0.0.0/24' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RPC_USERNAME'='******' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RPC_PASSWORD'='*******' -e 'OPENVPN_OPTS'='--inactive 3600 --ping 10 --ping-exit 60 --mute-replay-warnings' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_DIR'='/downloads' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RPC_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED'='true' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RATIO_LIMIT_ENABLED'='true' -e 'TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_QUEUE_SIZE'='15' -e 'TRANSMISSION_CACHE_SIZE_MB'='10' -e 'TRANSMISSION_INCOMPLETE_DIR'='/downloads/incomplete' -e 'TRANSMISSION_WEB_UI'='transmission-web-control' -e 'GLOBAL_APPLY_PERMISSIONS'='false' -e 'WEBPROXY_ENABLED'='true' -e 'PIA_OPENVPN_CONFIG_BUNDLE'='openvpn-tcp' -p '9091:9091/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/transmission_VPN':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Media/torrents/':'/downloads':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Media/torrents/Watched/':'/watch':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Media/torrents/':'/mnt/user/T_Media/Torrent/':'rw' --cap-add=NET_ADMIN --restart=always --log-opt max-size=50m --log-driver json-file --dns 8.8.8.8 --dns 1.1.1.1 'haugene/transmission-openvpn:dev'

Edited by AlexGreenUK
1 hour ago, AlexGreenUK said:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='transmission' --net='proxynetwork' --privileged=true -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'OPENVPN_USERNAME'='*******' -e 'OPENVPN_PASSWORD'='*******' -e 'OPENVPN_CONFIG'='netherlands' -e 'OPENVPN_PROVIDER'='PIA' -e 'LOCAL_NETWORK'='10.0.0.0/24' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RPC_USERNAME'='******' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RPC_PASSWORD'='*******' -e 'OPENVPN_OPTS'='--inactive 3600 --ping 10 --ping-exit 60 --mute-replay-warnings' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_DIR'='/downloads' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RPC_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED'='true' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RATIO_LIMIT_ENABLED'='true' -e 'TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_QUEUE_SIZE'='15' -e 'TRANSMISSION_CACHE_SIZE_MB'='10' -e 'TRANSMISSION_INCOMPLETE_DIR'='/downloads/incomplete' -e 'TRANSMISSION_WEB_UI'='transmission-web-control' -e 'GLOBAL_APPLY_PERMISSIONS'='false' -e 'WEBPROXY_ENABLED'='true' -e 'PIA_OPENVPN_CONFIG_BUNDLE'='openvpn-tcp' -p '9091:9091/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/transmission_VPN':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Media/torrents/':'/downloads':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Media/torrents/Watched/':'/watch':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Media/torrents/':'/mnt/user/T_Media/Torrent/':'rw' --cap-add=NET_ADMIN --restart=always --log-opt max-size=50m --log-driver json-file --dns 8.8.8.8 --dns 1.1.1.1 'haugene/transmission-openvpn:dev'

You have only specified one port:

-p '9091:9091/tcp' 
root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run 
-d --name='transmission' --net='proxynetwork' --privileged=true 
-e TZ="Europe/London" 
-e HOST_OS="Unraid" 
-e'OPENVPN_USERNAME'='*******' 
-e 'OPENVPN_PASSWORD'='*******' 
-e 'OPENVPN_CONFIG'='netherlands' 
-e 'OPENVPN_PROVIDER'='PIA' 
-e 'LOCAL_NETWORK'='10.0.0.0/24' 
-e 'TRANSMISSION_RPC_USERNAME'='******' 
-e 'TRANSMISSION_RPC_PASSWORD'='*******' 
-e 'OPENVPN_OPTS'='--inactive 3600 --ping 10 --ping-exit 60 --mute-replay-warnings' 
-e 'PUID'='99'
-e 'PGID'='100' 
-e 'TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_DIR'='/downloads' 
-e 'TRANSMISSION_RPC_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED'='true' 
-e 'TRANSMISSION_RATIO_LIMIT_ENABLED'='true' 
-e 'TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_QUEUE_SIZE'='15'
-e 'TRANSMISSION_CACHE_SIZE_MB'='10' 
-e 'TRANSMISSION_INCOMPLETE_DIR'='/downloads/incomplete' 
-e 'TRANSMISSION_WEB_UI'='transmission-web-control' 
-e 'GLOBAL_APPLY_PERMISSIONS'='false' 
-e 'WEBPROXY_ENABLED'='true' 
-e 'PIA_OPENVPN_CONFIG_BUNDLE'='openvpn-tcp' 
-v '/mnt/user/appdata/transmission_VPN':'/data':'rw' 
-v '/mnt/user/Media/torrents/':'/downloads':'rw' 
-v '/mnt/user/Media/torrents/Watched/':'/watch':'rw' 
-v '/mnt/user/Media/torrents/':'/mnt/user/T_Media/Torrent/':'rw' 
--cap-add=NET_ADMIN --restart=always --log-opt max-size=50m --log-driver json-file --dns 8.8.8.8 --dns 1.1.1.1 
'haugene/transmission-openvpn:dev'

If you enable tiny proxy, you also have to add the port mapping:

image.png.155d4bbbb35d76f2414f1fa1d3ee9a76.png

Sonarr and radarr should connect to 9091 if you have set them properly

image.png.5acdf218355f9544e447827327e74d38.png

Edited by clowrym
added image
10 minutes ago, clowrym said:

You have only specified one port:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run 
-d --name='transmission' --net='proxynetwork' --privileged=true 
-e TZ="Europe/London" 
-e HOST_OS="Unraid" 
-e'OPENVPN_USERNAME'='*******' 
-e 'OPENVPN_PASSWORD'='*******' 
-e 'OPENVPN_CONFIG'='netherlands' 
-e 'OPENVPN_PROVIDER'='PIA' 
-e 'LOCAL_NETWORK'='10.0.0.0/24' 
-e 'TRANSMISSION_RPC_USERNAME'='******' 
-e 'TRANSMISSION_RPC_PASSWORD'='*******' 
-e 'OPENVPN_OPTS'='--inactive 3600 --ping 10 --ping-exit 60 --mute-replay-warnings' 
-e 'PUID'='99'
-e 'PGID'='100' 
-e 'TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_DIR'='/downloads' 
-e 'TRANSMISSION_RPC_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED'='true' 
-e 'TRANSMISSION_RATIO_LIMIT_ENABLED'='true' 
-e 'TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_QUEUE_SIZE'='15'
-e 'TRANSMISSION_CACHE_SIZE_MB'='10' 
-e 'TRANSMISSION_INCOMPLETE_DIR'='/downloads/incomplete' 
-e 'TRANSMISSION_WEB_UI'='transmission-web-control' 
-e 'GLOBAL_APPLY_PERMISSIONS'='false' 
-e 'WEBPROXY_ENABLED'='true' 
-e 'PIA_OPENVPN_CONFIG_BUNDLE'='openvpn-tcp' 
-v '/mnt/user/appdata/transmission_VPN':'/data':'rw' 
-v '/mnt/user/Media/torrents/':'/downloads':'rw' 
-v '/mnt/user/Media/torrents/Watched/':'/watch':'rw' 
-v '/mnt/user/Media/torrents/':'/mnt/user/T_Media/Torrent/':'rw' 
--cap-add=NET_ADMIN --restart=always --log-opt max-size=50m --log-driver json-file --dns 8.8.8.8 --dns 1.1.1.1 
'haugene/transmission-openvpn:dev'

If you enable tiny proxy, you also have to add the port mapping:

image.png.155d4bbbb35d76f2414f1fa1d3ee9a76.png

Sonarr and radarr should connect to 9091 if you have set them properly

image.png.5acdf218355f9544e447827327e74d38.png

I have added the port for the Proxy. Still have issues with Radarr and Sonarr though. I have tried IP and my reverseproxy.

[v3.0.1.4259] NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadClientUnavailableException: Unable to connect to Transmission, please check your settings
 ---> System.Net.WebException: Connection refused Connection refused: 'http://10.0.0.2:9091/transmission/rpc'
 ---> System.Net.WebException: Connection refused Connection refused
 ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Connection refused
 ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (111): Connection refused
   at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync(String host, Int32 port, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync(String host, Int32 port, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean allowHttp2, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.GetHttpConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.DecompressionHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.DiagnosticsHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.FinishSendAsyncUnbuffered(Task`1 sendTask, HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts)
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.SendRequest()
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in D:\a\1\s\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:line 146
   at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in D:\a\1\s\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:line 146
   at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.ExecuteRequest(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookieContainer) in D:\a\1\s\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 123
   at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute(HttpRequest request) in D:\a\1\s\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 57
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Transmission.TransmissionProxy.AuthenticateClient(HttpRequestBuilder requestBuilder, TransmissionSettings settings, Boolean reauthenticate) in D:\a\1\s\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Transmission\TransmissionProxy.cs:line 222
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Transmission.TransmissionProxy.ProcessRequest(String action, Object arguments, TransmissionSettings settings) in D:\a\1\s\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Transmission\TransmissionProxy.cs:line 261
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Transmission.TransmissionProxy.ProcessRequest(String action, Object arguments, TransmissionSettings settings) in D:\a\1\s\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Transmission\TransmissionProxy.cs:line 316
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Transmission.TransmissionProxy.GetSessionVariables(TransmissionSettings settings) in D:\a\1\s\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Transmission\TransmissionProxy.cs:line 145
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Transmission.TransmissionProxy.GetConfig(TransmissionSettings settings) in D:\a\1\s\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Transmission\TransmissionProxy.cs:line 120
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Transmission.TransmissionProxy.GetClientVersion(TransmissionSettings settings) in D:\a\1\s\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Transmission\TransmissionProxy.cs:line 112
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Transmission.Transmission.ValidateVersion() in D:\a\1\s\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Transmission\Transmission.cs:line 30
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Transmission.TransmissionBase.TestConnection() in D:\a\1\s\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Transmission\TransmissionBase.cs:line 262

2020-12-16 01:39:08.1|Warn|RadarrErrorPipeline|Invalid request Validation failed: 
 -- Host: Unable to connect to Transmission

Download-Client-Settings-Radarr.png

Hi there - Firstly, thank you for the great docker - It is very much appreciated :)

I am having an issue with Transmission VPN that seems to have started recently (I don't remember exactly when), but the TRANSMISSION_SPEED_LIMIT_UP_ENABLED option within the docker config is no longer doing anything for me.

Each time I restart the docker I have to go into it, launch settings and tick the option to enable the speed limit.  

Is there a way I can force this option to be set each time the docker starts?  Thanks :) 

4 hours ago, AlexGreenUK said:

I have added the port for the Proxy. Still have issues with Radarr and Sonarr though. I have tried IP and my reverseproxy.

[v3.0.1.4259] NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadClientUnavailableException: Unable to connect to Transmission, please check your settings
 ---> System.Net.WebException: Connection refused Connection refused: 'http://10.0.0.2:9091/transmission/rpc'
 ---> System.Net.WebException: Connection refused Connection refused
 ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Connection refused
 ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (111): Connection refused
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean allowHttp2, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.GetHttpConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.DecompressionHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.DiagnosticsHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.FinishSendAsyncUnbuffered(Task`1 sendTask, HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts)
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.SendRequest()
   at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.ExecuteRequest(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookieContainer) in D:\a\1\s\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 123
   at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute(HttpRequest request) in D:\a\1\s\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 57
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Transmission.TransmissionProxy.AuthenticateClient(HttpRequestBuilder requestBuilder, TransmissionSettings settings, Boolean reauthenticate) in D:\a\1\s\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Transmission\TransmissionProxy.cs:line 222
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Transmission.TransmissionProxy.ProcessRequest(String action, Object arguments, TransmissionSettings settings) in D:\a\1\s\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Transmission\TransmissionProxy.cs:line 261
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Transmission.TransmissionProxy.ProcessRequest(String action, Object arguments, TransmissionSettings settings) in D:\a\1\s\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Transmission\TransmissionProxy.cs:line 316
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Transmission.TransmissionProxy.GetSessionVariables(TransmissionSettings settings) in D:\a\1\s\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Transmission\TransmissionProxy.cs:line 145
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Transmission.TransmissionProxy.GetConfig(TransmissionSettings settings) in D:\a\1\s\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Transmission\TransmissionProxy.cs:line 120
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Transmission.TransmissionProxy.GetClientVersion(TransmissionSettings settings) in D:\a\1\s\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Transmission\TransmissionProxy.cs:line 112
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Transmission.Transmission.ValidateVersion() in D:\a\1\s\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Transmission\Transmission.cs:line 30
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Transmission.TransmissionBase.TestConnection() in D:\a\1\s\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Transmission\TransmissionBase.cs:line 262

2020-12-16 01:39:08.1|Warn|RadarrErrorPipeline|Invalid request Validation failed: 
 -- Host: Unable to connect to Transmission

Download-Client-Settings-Radarr.png

can you drop your settings.json file? 

Also do you have any issues connecting to the transmission gui?

can you also post the log for transmission

are there any proxy settings in Radarr that you have set?

Edited by clowrym
8 minutes ago, PureLoneWolf said:

Hi there - Firstly, thank you for the great docker - It is very much appreciated :)

I am having an issue with Transmission VPN that seems to have started recently (I don't remember exactly when), but the TRANSMISSION_SPEED_LIMIT_UP_ENABLED option within the docker config is no longer doing anything for me.

Each time I restart the docker I have to go into it, launch settings and tick the option to enable the speed limit.  

Is there a way I can force this option to be set each time the docker starts?  Thanks :) 

there's been some issues with transmission lately. the settings are supposed to survive reboot now, but i find some do, some don't... can you post you run command and log after restart, remove any pertinent user/passwords.

Hi there

My run command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='Transmission_VPN' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'OPENVPN_USERNAME'='XXX' -e 'OPENVPN_PASSWORD'='XXX' -e 'OPENVPN_CONFIG'='default' -e 'OPENVPN_PROVIDER'='PIA' -e 'LOCAL_NETWORK'='192.168.0.0/24' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RPC_USERNAME'='admin' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RPC_PASSWORD'='XXX' -e 'OPENVPN_OPTS'='--inactive 3600 --ping 10 --ping-exit 60' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_DIR'='/downloads/Transmission' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RPC_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED'='true' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RATIO_LIMIT'='2' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RATIO_LIMIT_ENABLED'='true' -e 'TRANSMISSION_PEER_LIMIT_GLOBAL'='200' -e 'TRANSMISSION_PEER_LIMIT_PER_TORRENT'='50' -e 'TRANSMISSION_SPEED_LIMIT_UP_ENABLED'='1' -e 'TRANSMISSION_SPEED_LIMIT_UP'='1024' -e 'TRANSMISSION_PEER_PORT_RANDOM_LOW'='51413' -e 'TRANSMISSION_PEER_PORT_RANDOM_HIGH'='51613' -e 'TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_QUEUE_SIZE'='20' -e 'TRANSMISSION_CACHE_SIZE_MB'='10' -e 'TRANSMISSION_INCOMPLETE_DIR'='/downloads/incomplete' -e 'TRANSMISSION_WEB_UI'='transmission-web-control' -e 'GLOBAL_APPLY_PERMISSIONS'='false' -e 'WEBPROXY_ENABLED'='false' -e 'PIA_OPENVPN_CONFIG_BUNDLE'='openvpn-tcp' -p '9091:9091/tcp' -p '1198:1198/udp' -v '/mnt/user/Downloads/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Downloads/':'/downloads':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Downloads/watch/':'/watch':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/T_Media/Torrent/':'/mnt/user/T_Media/Torrent/':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/Transmission_VPN':'/config':'rw' --restart=always --log-opt max-size=50m --log-opt max-file=1 'haugene/transmission-openvpn'

Log immediately after restart:

Starting container with revision: a4d65774f855a04070766e53346661f48c76fa0e
Creating TUN device /dev/net/tun
mknod: /dev/net/tun: File exists
Using OpenVPN provider: PIA
Provider PIA has a custom setup script, executing it
Downloading OpenVPN config bundle openvpn-tcp into temporary file /tmp/tmp.hneAiE
Extract OpenVPN config bundle into PIA directory /etc/openvpn/pia
Starting OpenVPN using config default.ovpn
Modifying /etc/openvpn/pia/default.ovpn for best behaviour in this container
Setting OpenVPN credentials...
adding route to local network 192.168.0.0/24 via 172.17.0.1 dev eth0
Wed Dec 16 06:42:33 2020 OpenVPN 2.4.9 x86_64-alpine-linux-musl [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Apr 20 2020
Wed Dec 16 06:42:33 2020 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1g 21 Apr 2020, LZO 2.10
Wed Dec 16 06:42:33 2020 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts
Wed Dec 16 06:42:33 2020 CRL: loaded 1 CRLs from file [[INLINE]]
Wed Dec 16 06:42:33 2020 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]IP:502
Wed Dec 16 06:42:33 2020 Attempting to establish TCP connection with [AF_INET]IP:502 [nonblock]
Wed Dec 16 06:42:34 2020 TCP connection established with [AF_INET]IP:502
Wed Dec 16 06:42:34 2020 TCP_CLIENT link local: (not bound)
Wed Dec 16 06:42:34 2020 TCP_CLIENT link remote: [AF_INET]IP:502
Wed Dec 16 06:42:34 2020 WARNING: this configuration may cache passwords in memory -- use the auth-nocache option to prevent this

Wed Dec 16 06:42:34 2020 [southampton409] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]IP:502
Wed Dec 16 06:42:35 2020 OpenVPN ROUTE6: OpenVPN needs a gateway parameter for a --route-ipv6 option and no default was specified by either --route-ipv6-gateway or --ifconfig-ipv6 options
Wed Dec 16 06:42:35 2020 OpenVPN ROUTE: failed to parse/resolve route for host/network: 2000::/3

Wed Dec 16 06:42:35 2020 TUN/TAP device tun0 opened
Wed Dec 16 06:42:35 2020 /sbin/ip link set dev tun0 up mtu 1500
Wed Dec 16 06:42:35 2020 /sbin/ip addr add dev tun0 IP/24 broadcast IP
Wed Dec 16 06:42:35 2020 /etc/openvpn/tunnelUp.sh tun0 1500 1555 IP 255.255.255.0 init
Up script executed with tun0 1500 1555 IP 255.255.255.0 init
Updating TRANSMISSION_BIND_ADDRESS_IPV4 to the ip of tun0 : IP
Using Transmission Web Control UI, overriding TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME
Updating Transmission settings.json with values from env variables
Using existing settings.json for Transmission /data/transmission-home/settings.json
Overriding bind-address-ipv4 because TRANSMISSION_BIND_ADDRESS_IPV4 is set to IP
Overriding cache-size-mb because TRANSMISSION_CACHE_SIZE_MB is set to 10
Overriding download-dir because TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_DIR is set to /downloads/Transmission
Overriding download-queue-size because TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_QUEUE_SIZE is set to 20
Overriding incomplete-dir because TRANSMISSION_INCOMPLETE_DIR is set to /downloads/incomplete
Overriding peer-limit-global because TRANSMISSION_PEER_LIMIT_GLOBAL is set to 200
Overriding peer-limit-per-torrent because TRANSMISSION_PEER_LIMIT_PER_TORRENT is set to 50
Overriding peer-port-random-high because TRANSMISSION_PEER_PORT_RANDOM_HIGH is set to 51613
Overriding peer-port-random-low because TRANSMISSION_PEER_PORT_RANDOM_LOW is set to 51413
Overriding ratio-limit because TRANSMISSION_RATIO_LIMIT is set to 2
Overriding ratio-limit-enabled because TRANSMISSION_RATIO_LIMIT_ENABLED is set to true
Overriding rpc-authentication-required because TRANSMISSION_RPC_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED is set to true
Overriding rpc-password because TRANSMISSION_RPC_PASSWORD is set to [REDACTED]
Overriding rpc-port because TRANSMISSION_RPC_PORT is set to 9091
Overriding rpc-username because TRANSMISSION_RPC_USERNAME is set to admin
Overriding speed-limit-up because TRANSMISSION_SPEED_LIMIT_UP is set to 1024
Overriding speed-limit-up-enabled because TRANSMISSION_SPEED_LIMIT_UP_ENABLED is set to 1
Overriding watch-dir because TRANSMISSION_WATCH_DIR is set to /data/watch
sed'ing True to true
Enforcing ownership on transmission config directories
Applying permissions to transmission config directories

-------------------------------------
Transmission will run as
User name: abc
User uid: 99
User gid: 100

STARTING TRANSMISSION
Provider PIA has a script for automatic port forwarding. Will run it now.
If you want to disable this, set environment variable DISABLE_PORT_UPDATER=true
Transmission startup script complete.
Wed Dec 16 06:42:35 2020 WARNING: OpenVPN was configured to add an IPv6 route over tun0. However, no IPv6 has been configured for this interface, therefore the route installation may fail or may not work as expected.

Wed Dec 16 06:42:35 2020 Initialization Sequence Completed
Running functions for token based port fowarding
Reserved Port: 54122 Wed Dec 16 06:42:42 CET 2020
transmission auth required
waiting for transmission to become responsive
transmission became responsive
ID Done Have ETA Up Down Ratio Status Name
Sum: None 0.0 0.0
setting transmission port to 54122
localhost:9091/transmission/rpc/ responded: "success"
Checking port...
Port is open: Yes
#######################
SUCCESS
#######################
Port: 54122
Expiration Tue Feb 16 17:42:22 CET 2021
#######################
Entering infinite while loop
Every 15 minutes, check port status

Many thanks :) 

1 minute ago, PureLoneWolf said:

Welp...that was easy :/  Thank you.  I have never changed it since install...so not sure why it worked for so long - but thanks :D 

Anytime!! Almost every problem it seems is related to some kind of variable / port / path mapping issue!! why it changed.....I can't answer that one!!

Cheers!!

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, PureLoneWolf said:

-v '/mnt/user/appdata/Transmission_VPN':'/config':'rw'

Using existing settings.json for Transmission /data/transmission-home/settings.json

Somethings else, doesn't look like this folder mapping is doing anything? this container has always used /data/transmission-home as its base directory, I have tried to separate the config files from this folder on my array, to my cache drive where all my other docker files are stored, but I have been unsuccessful so far! check and see if anything is in that folder before removing it just incase.....Git posting on the issue - you may have to set another variable for this to me used

-p '1198:1198/udp'

you can also remove the 1198 port. The new PIA configs don't use it anymore. 

ed Dec 16 06:42:34 2020 [southampton409] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]IP:502

Edited by clowrym
  • Like 1

When I start a PaperMC server it says in the logs:

* Please update the version of Java you use to run Paper

* to at least Java 11. When Paper for Minecraft 1.17 is

* released support for versions of Java before 11 will

* be dropped.

* Current Java version: 1.8.0_265

Any idea if he's going to update the java version?

Edited by truetype
3 hours ago, truetype said:

When I start a PaperMC server it says in the logs:

* Please update the version of Java you use to run Paper

* to at least Java 11. When Paper for Minecraft 1.17 is

* released support for versions of Java before 11 will

* be dropped.

* Current Java version: 1.8.0_265

Any idea if he's going to update the java version?

Someone's posted a ticket for it... Paper 1.17 Java Update

• Like 1

There seems to be a few issues with the port updating script lately. if you are having issues with your Transmission_VPN losing connection resulting in a fatal error, I have a script that I have been using to look for fatal errors in the docker log, and restart if one is found. 

#!/bin/bash
#Check for error in Transmission log and restarts docker if found
#change /Search_String/ to suit the required error
docker logs --tail 50 Transmission_VPN 2>&1 | awk '/fatal_error/ {print | "docker restart Transmission_VPN"}'

I run this every 15 minutes with the User Scripts plugin. could be adopted for any docker / search string