[Support] Clowrym's Docker Repository

clowrym

I'm really trying to understand what I need to do but I feel like I'm too stupid to get this.  I'm getting the connection refused error but I just don't understand exactly how you guys are fixing this.

Do I just downgrade or do I add settings?

This is quite confusing, sorry, I know servers aren't easy, but this is throwing my head for a loop.  I have a similar issue to gacpac where my IPaddresses don't show up under transmission.

I reinstalled transmission, but lost all my progress sadly.  Darn, I thought if I didn't delete image I'd get all my stuff back.  I have a list of torrents but it doesn't look like it's the same as my incomplete list.  

Edited by tential
On 12/24/2020 at 2:18 PM, tential said:

I'm really trying to understand what I need to do but I feel like I'm too stupid to get this.  I'm getting the connection refused error but I just don't understand exactly how you guys are fixing this.

Do I just downgrade or do I add settings?

This is quite confusing, sorry, I know servers aren't easy, but this is throwing my head for a loop.  I have a similar issue to gacpac where my IPaddresses don't show up under transmission.

I reinstalled transmission, but lost all my progress sadly.  Darn, I thought if I didn't delete image I'd get all my stuff back.  I have a list of torrents but it doesn't look like it's the same as my incomplete list.  

can you post your run command? its hard to say whats going on without knowing what is set to run. Typically if you have set all the variables / paths the same as the origional docker, you should still have all the old settings / torrents running

21 hours ago, clowrym said:

can you post your run command? its hard to say whats going on without knowing what is set to run. Typically if you have set all the variables / paths the same as the origional docker, you should still have all the old settings / torrents running

Lol, I literally just realized I screwed that up when I tried to import some files, fixed this, and had everything back and running.  Came as quite the surprise.  Yes, I'm a noob lol.

Wow, can't believe how good using this is. Thanks for the reply.  

If anyone else is coming in having an issue connecting because they haven't updated/touched Transmission in a long time, you can just remove and reset the docker with the original paths.  Pretty obvious if you're a pro, but if you're a noob like me, you may need it spelled out to you like I did.

Edited by tential
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello there! 

I've setup MineOS and I'm running a server perfectly fine.

The fact is, atm I have very small cache drive (SSD).

I'd like to keep pretty much everything about the docker on the cache, except for the backups folder, because I dont want the backups to fill my poor SSD.

Is there a way to save only the backup folder on another share/folder?

I noticed you can already specifiy another path for the data folder, can it be done for the backups folder too?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Nguyenscrewdriver said:

When i start a server and forward the port for me? Bacause when i try to forward it my router says port range overlap

not sure what your question is here, but it sounds like you have the same port, or a range of ports that includes this port already specified on your router.........

you could try and map your backup folder to another location on your array.... or there may be a config file in the server files to set the backup folder, i have only created the template, not the program. its been a long time since i ran a minecraft server, so I cant say i remember where it stores the files. in the origional post there should be a link to github where you could also ask the question.

On 1/29/2021 at 1:15 AM, clowrym said:

i have only created the template, not the program.

I did not know that.

On 1/29/2021 at 1:15 AM, clowrym said:

you could try and map your backup folder to another location on your array.... or there may be a config file in the server files to set the backup folder

Unluckily the config file doesn't let you change that, in fact, the guy who originally created the program said that it is hardcoded in the OS and cannot be changed.
Symlinks seem to be the only way out, as someone else already made it.
I'll give it a try soon.

Anyway, thanks for your time

• 1 month later...

I'm struggling to get Transmission_VPN to work with IPVanish.  I previously had it functioning just fine with PIA, but haven't ran the docker in a while (PIA account expired), switched my VPN provider to IPVanish, and now when I change the config in the docker I can't web into it.  It LOOKS like it's running (Docker shows its started), but I am assuming I can't get into the webGui because the tunnel is not connecting.

I have tried to read through the documentation, and I see there is some IPVanish config info, but can't quite find where to copy that config file to.    Any help would be, well, helpful!

Here is my config, real folders/IPs/names/pass's redacted of course.

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 10.21.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 10.21.25 AM.png

Hi,

I have got a issue with transmission vpn anyone know how to resolve?

2021-03-08 15:04:29 Initialization Sequence Completed
Running functions for token based port fowarding
curl: (6) Could not resolve host: www.privateinternetaccess.com
Mon Mar 8 15:04:40 GMT 2021: getSignature error

{ "status": "ERROR", "message": "Login failed!" }

the has been a fatal_error
parse error: Invalid numeric literal at EOF at line 1, column 3

date: invalid date ''
Mon Mar 8 15:04:40 GMT 2021: bindPort error

3 hours ago, turnipisum said:

Hi,

I have got a issue with transmission vpn anyone know how to resolve?

2021-03-08 15:04:29 Initialization Sequence Completed
Running functions for token based port fowarding
Mon Mar 8 15:04:40 GMT 2021: getSignature error

Mon Mar 8 15:04:40 GMT 2021: bindPort error

Looks like your log in details are incorrect? 

7 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Ahhh!  I thought this was redundant information, I didn't realize this would be different than the config screenshots.   Hopefully this is what you are looking for;

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='Transmission_VPN' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'OPENVPN_USERNAME'='[email protected]' -e 'OPENVPN_PASSWORD’=‘xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' -e 'OPENVPN_CONFIG'='default' -e 'OPENVPN_PROVIDER'='IPVANISH' -e 'LOCAL_NETWORK'='192.168.xx.0/24 10.xx.xx.0/24' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RPC_USERNAME’=‘xxxxx’ -e 'TRANSMISSION_RPC_PASSWORD’=‘xxxxxxxxxxxx’ -e 'OPENVPN_OPTS'='--inactive 3600 --ping 10 --ping-exit 60' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_DIR'='/downloads/complete' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RPC_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED'='true' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RATIO_LIMIT'='3.0' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RATIO_LIMIT_ENABLED'='true' -e 'TRANSMISSION_UMASK'='777' -e 'TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_QUEUE_SIZE'='15' -e 'TRANSMISSION_CACHE_SIZE_MB'='10' -e 'TRANSMISSION_INCOMPLETE_DIR'='/downloads/incomplete' -e 'TRANSMISSION_WEB_UI'='combustion' -e 'GLOBAL_APPLY_PERMISSIONS'='true' -e 'WEBPROXY_ENABLED'='false' -e 'PIA_OPENVPN_CONFIG_BUNDLE'='openvpn-tcp' -p '9091:9091/tcp' -p '1198:1198/udp' -v '/mnt/user/NAS_Downloads/unraidtorrents/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/NAS_Downloads/unraidtorrents/':'/downloads':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/NAS_Downloads/unraidtorrents/watch/':'/watch':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/T_Media/Torrent/':'/mnt/user/T_Media/Torrent/':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/Transmission_VPN':'/config':'rw' --restart=always --log-opt max-size=50m --log-opt max-file=1 'haugene/transmission-openvpn'

17 hours ago, RodgMahal said:

Ahhh!  I thought this was redundant information, I didn't realize this would be different than the config screenshots.   Hopefully this is what you are looking for;

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='Transmission_VPN' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'OPENVPN_USERNAME'='[email protected]' -e 'OPENVPN_PASSWORD’=‘xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' -e 'OPENVPN_CONFIG'='default' -e 'OPENVPN_PROVIDER'='IPVANISH' -e 'LOCAL_NETWORK'='192.168.xx.0/24 10.xx.xx.0/24' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RPC_USERNAME’=‘xxxxx’ -e 'TRANSMISSION_RPC_PASSWORD’=‘xxxxxxxxxxxx’ -e 'OPENVPN_OPTS'='--inactive 3600 --ping 10 --ping-exit 60' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_DIR'='/downloads/complete' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RPC_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED'='true' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RATIO_LIMIT'='3.0' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RATIO_LIMIT_ENABLED'='true' -e 'TRANSMISSION_UMASK'='777' -e 'TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_QUEUE_SIZE'='15' -e 'TRANSMISSION_CACHE_SIZE_MB'='10' -e 'TRANSMISSION_INCOMPLETE_DIR'='/downloads/incomplete' -e 'TRANSMISSION_WEB_UI'='combustion' -e 'GLOBAL_APPLY_PERMISSIONS'='true' -e 'WEBPROXY_ENABLED'='false' -e 'PIA_OPENVPN_CONFIG_BUNDLE'='openvpn-tcp' -p '9091:9091/tcp' -p '1198:1198/udp' -v '/mnt/user/NAS_Downloads/unraidtorrents/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/NAS_Downloads/unraidtorrents/':'/downloads':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/NAS_Downloads/unraidtorrents/watch/':'/watch':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/T_Media/Torrent/':'/mnt/user/T_Media/Torrent/':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/Transmission_VPN':'/config':'rw' --restart=always --log-opt max-size=50m --log-opt max-file=1 'haugene/transmission-openvpn'

I dont see an issue with the run command, what does your log say?

Looking at IPvanish on git hub, I dont believe you need to download config files and place them anywhere, Just set 'OPENVPN_CONFIG'='XXXX' to which tunnel you want. You may have to set 'VPN_PROVIDER_HOME' location though.......looks like its an error that should be in the docker logs

image.png.b42b9de59cfb50cb903f55dff8b35dc6.png

Edited by clowrym

Anyone able to help further on this? Was working for about a year! i did not change anything.

Wed Mar 10 21:10:10 GMT 2021: getSignature error

Wed Mar 10 21:10:10 GMT 2021: bindPort error

7 hours ago, turnipisum said:

Anyone able to help further on this? Was working for about a year! i did not change anything.

Wed Mar 10 21:10:10 GMT 2021: bindPort error

i need to see your run command.....

have you tried adding google dns 8.8.8.8?