[Support] Clowrym's Docker Repository

clowrym

On 3/24/2021 at 8:53 PM, gacpac said:

Question

What speeds you get from the docker container using PIA over switzerland? 

I don't seem to get more than 80mbps I currently have 200mbps

I haven't really paid much attention.... Generally though, I find its really dependent on the tracker im connected to. The private ones im on have always seemed very fast! I've got a 1g connection....

Just doing a test i'm running 200+ mbps 

Update..... watching it, its now jumped to 500~600

Edited by clowrym
updated speeds

Hi all, I am receiving the error:

WARNING: initial DNS resolution test failed

curl: (6) Could not resolve host: www.privateinternetaccess.com

per others suggestions here and from on this thread I have tried:

• -dhcp-option DNS 8.8.8.8 to OpenVPN_OPTIONS
  • --dns 8.8.8.8 --dns 8.8.4.4 to the container's Extra Parameters
  • mapping /etc/resolv.conf and populating the file with either:
    • OVERRIDE_DNS_1=8.8.8.8
      OVERRIDE_DNS_2=8.8.4.4
    • nameserver 8.8.8.8
      nameserver 8.8.4.4

None seem to correct the issue.  Any other troubleshooting steps I can take?

37 minutes ago, DeadDjembe said:

Hi all, I am receiving the error:

WARNING: initial DNS resolution test failed

curl: (6) Could not resolve host: www.privateinternetaccess.com

per others suggestions here and from on this thread I have tried:

• -dhcp-option DNS 8.8.8.8 to OpenVPN_OPTIONS
  • --dns 8.8.8.8 --dns 8.8.4.4 to the container's Extra Parameters
  • mapping /etc/resolv.conf and populating the file with either:
    • 
      OVERRIDE_DNS_1=8.8.8.8
      OVERRIDE_DNS_2=8.8.4.4
    • 
      nameserver 8.8.8.8
      nameserver 8.8.4.4

None seem to correct the issue.  Any other troubleshooting steps I can take?

Can you post the docker run command, remove your username/passwords

33 minutes ago, clowrym said:

Can you post the docker run command, remove your username/passwords

Thanks for your help:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='Transmission_VPN_New' --net='none' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'OPENVPN_USERNAME'='XXXXXXX' -e 'OPENVPN_PASSWORD'='XXXXXXX' -e 'OPENVPN_CONFIG'='netherlands' -e 'OPENVPN_PROVIDER'='PIA' -e 'LOCAL_NETWORK'='192.168.0.0/24' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RPC_USERNAME'='XXXXXX' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RPC_PASSWORD'='XXXXXXX' -e 'OPENVPN_OPTS'='--dhcp-option DNS 8.8.8.8 --inactive 3600 --ping 10 --ping-exit 60 --mute-replay-warnings' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_DIR'='/downloads/complete' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RPC_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED'='false' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RATIO_LIMIT_ENABLED'='false' -e 'TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_QUEUE_SIZE'='15' -e 'TRANSMISSION_CACHE_SIZE_MB'='10' -e 'TRANSMISSION_INCOMPLETE_DIR'='/downloads/incomplete' -e 'TRANSMISSION_WEB_UI'='transmission-web-control' -e 'GLOBAL_APPLY_PERMISSIONS'='false' -e 'WEBPROXY_ENABLED'='false' -e 'PIA_OPENVPN_CONFIG_BUNDLE'='openvpn-tcp' -v '/mnt/cache/.appdata/transmission_New':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/downloads/':'/downloads':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/downloads/blackhole/':'/watch':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/downloads/':'/mnt/user/T_Media/Torrent/':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/media/audio books/':'/audiobooks':'rw' -e 'pipework_cmd=br0 @CONTAINER_NAME@ 192.168.1.38/[email protected] XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX' --restart unless-stopped 'haugene/transmission-openvpn:dev'
2399ca71261076d9c52c7152a2933764de60e2b363022c21e1fe5e0b105e595d

On 3/31/2021 at 1:33 PM, clowrym said:

I haven't really paid much attention.... Generally though, I find its really dependent on the tracker im connected to. The private ones im on have always seemed very fast! I've got a 1g connection....

Just doing a test i'm running 200+ mbps 

Update..... watching it, its now jumped to 500~600

oh man you good!

Maybe that's the kicker because i'm using public free trackers. I wish someone sends me an invite for those private ones. 

15 hours ago, clowrym said:

I believe this should be --dns 8.8.8.8 ..... If that doesn't help, try moving off the :dev branch 

changing the dns to lowercase did not seem to help, but moving off the :dev branch did the trick.  I'm up and running again!  thanks for your help! 

38 minutes ago, DeadDjembe said:

changing the dns to lowercase did not seem to help, but moving off the :dev branch did the trick.  I'm up and running again!  thanks for your help! 

did you also add the "--" to --dns ? is was missing in your run command....at least compared to mine.

image.png.7df4c23c3ccb0f295c7672dba86f0169.png

Edited by clowrym
On 4/2/2021 at 10:29 AM, clowrym said:

did you also add the "--" to --dns ? is was missing in your run command....at least compared to mine.

image.png.7df4c23c3ccb0f295c7672dba86f0169.png

currently it does not include the "--".  It's working so I'm not going to change it now, but will keep in mind if something breaks again.  My config currently states:

OpenVPN_OPTIONS:

--dhcp-option dns 8.8.8.8 --inactive 3600 --ping 10 --ping-exit 60 --mute-replay-warnings

4 hours ago, DeadDjembe said:

currently it does not include the "--".  It's working so I'm not going to change it now, but will keep in mind if something breaks again.  My config currently states:

OpenVPN_OPTIONS:

i believe you require --dns ....but i could be wrong i guess!!

image.png.2dcb47ce627965e592f1d62c72c90143.png

Edited by clowrym
added Frequently asked questions screenshot

I have two issues with this unraid docker package:

1) The dropdown list for VPN providers doesn't contain the CUSTOM field, that is needed for example for AirVPN, because they use custom ovpn configs that you generate. This would not be a problem if not for issue #2

2) Everytime there is an update of this docker, some fields get reset and then the docker stop working. First some fields that I removed, like the /mnt/data/T_Media keep coming back, recreating over and over the share T_Media, which is annoying.

More problematic is that the provider resets everytime to the first choice of the dropdown and I have everytime to remove it and manually add it back as CUSTOM, then removed the unneeded fields. Until I do that, the torrenting doesn't work because the VPN can't connect.

In summary, it would be nice that the values don't reset like that and that the CUSTOM choice was available for VPN provider.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2021 at 3:38 AM, Marco L. said:

I have two issues with this unraid docker package:

1) The dropdown list for VPN providers doesn't contain the CUSTOM field, that is needed for example for AirVPN, because they use custom ovpn configs that you generate. This would not be a problem if not for issue #2

2) Everytime there is an update of this docker, some fields get reset and then the docker stop working. First some fields that I removed, like the /mnt/data/T_Media keep coming back, recreating over and over the share T_Media, which is annoying.

More problematic is that the provider resets everytime to the first choice of the dropdown and I have everytime to remove it and manually add it back as CUSTOM, then removed the unneeded fields. Until I do that, the torrenting doesn't work because the VPN can't connect.

In summary, it would be nice that the values don't reset like that and that the CUSTOM choice was available for VPN provider.

1) You can edit and modify the VPN providers list all you want. The template is set up with PIA servers per the OP

2) I'm not sure why it resets all the fields, I dont have that issue, as its my template and the changes I make are typically for my own use.... I will have to look into that. I  created the template, but am by no means an expert at it!!

3) Read this post, remove the template URL and that should stop the issue HERE

Edited by clowrym
added link
16 minutes ago, clowrym said:

1) You can edit and modify the VPN providers list all you want. The template is set up with PIA servers per the OP

Still, would be nice if CUSTOM was one option offered by default, to anyone using this. 

3) Read this post, remove the template URL and that should stop the issue HERE

Thanks for the link

10 minutes ago, clowrym said:

Added CUSTOM option to OPENVPN_PROVIDER for you.

Thanks !

If anyone has any idea why this particular docker template would need the TemplateURL parameter to be manually removed, any feedback is welcome. I remember not having to do that with the activ-transmissionvpn one, which is fairly similar to this one, except for the missing extra GUI options (kettu, ...)

27 minutes ago, Marco L. said:

Thanks !

If anyone has any idea why this particular docker template would need the TemplateURL parameter to be manually removed, any feedback is welcome. I remember not having to do that with the activ-transmissionvpn one, which is fairly similar to this one, except for the missing extra GUI options (kettu, ...)

THIS post explains the current functionality of the Docker templates / OS design.

HERE as well

Edited by clowrym
added additional link

THIS post explains the current functionality of the Docker templates / OS design

Yep, sorry I read it quickly and saw:

It assumes that any ports that aren't defined in your template are new to the update and adds them in.

so I thought it was only an issue for ports.

So basically I guess that the other templates don't add fields for values that could be widely different depending on the user preferences, like shares & Cie. You said you were mainly using this for yourself, so I guess we would need another template with just the bare minimum filled and the rest to be filled by the user, as other "mainstream" templates do. You loose a bit of time the first time, but save some after that.

TIL something.

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone experiencing the downloads stopping after some time (couple hours to couple days)? The container seems to work fine after restarted and then I'll notice the next few days when a new tv release gets added to transmission and they stay at 0% until I restart and they download just fine... I wonder if this is an issue with the vpn?

I use Netherlands PIA currently...

11 hours ago, max32268 said:

Seems there is something causing a connection issue 🤔

Screenshot_20210518-030656_Chrome.jpg

I have this issue now and again with PIA, I run the following script every ~15 minutes to look for the error and restart the containeer

#!/bin/bash
#Check for error in Transmission log and restarts docker if found
#change /Search_String/ to suit the required error
echo checking for Transmission_vpn Fatal Error
docker logs --tail 50 Transmission_VPN 2>&1 | awk '/fatal_error/ {print | "docker restart Transmission_VPN"}'

• Like 1

Transmission becomes unresponsive(last time was after I ran "delete local data"). I can't stop or kill the docker container. Stopping the docker service doesn't cause the container to stop either(disabling docker in settings). I've tried deleting the docker vdisk img and starting from scratch and I'm getting the same issues. Trying to stop or shutdown the array causes the server to hang. I have to hard shutdown the server using the power button. 

What on earth could be causing this?

It's not an Intel NUC despite the diagnostic name. 

When I try to get into the container after it's become unresponsive I get the following error: 

root@nuc:~# docker exec -it transmission bash
OCI runtime exec failed: exec failed: container_linux.go:367: starting container process caused: process_linux.go:112: executing setns process caused: exit status 1: unknown

nuc-diagnostics-20210518-1203 (1).zip