[Plugin] NUT v2 - Network UPS Tools

dmacias

On 6/28/2021 at 12:13 PM, nicx said:

hi, I just get used to Unraid and installed the NUT plugin. I was wondering about the red "w":

306624537_Bildschirmfoto2021-06-28um13_10_34.thumb.png.6fb7243e7bc53e7a67b8e6172c3073d2.png

any hints how to get it working without any red warning signs? ;)

In Addition here are the automatically detected details of my APS UPS:

1903180557_Bildschirmfoto2021-06-28um13_10_16.thumb.png.eb6125fb39d90dc30285664783515e3c.png

I have looked at the code. The red W is showed if the ups.realpower.nominal is not reported and hence no value.

If you change options to manual and specify VA and Watts values will be shown and calculated.

FYI @Ford Prefect

image.thumb.png.cac6f7f0018f1173078aa070b4fb96ab.png

Edited by SimonF
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, SimonF said:

If you change options to manual and specify VA and Watts values will be shown and calculated.

FYI @Ford Prefect

Well, I do have a calibrated meter between my power outlet and the UPS.

My Eaton Elipse ECO is rated 1600VA/1000W.

The external meter reports 138W....

In AUTO, the Plugin reports 172W...

If iI set params manually to 1600VA/1000W, the plugin reports 110W.

So 28W out of 138W are consumed by the UPS??? 🤡

Going to re-check without UPS next weekend, I think....

50 minutes ago, Skylinar said:

Thanks, let me know if you need further input!

Ok I can see the issue it is taking 1200 * 18% which gives the 216 but unit should be VA not watts.

if you set watts to 750 manual it will be 135 for 18%.

It doesnt read the realpower, not sure why not used and why there is a big difference been calculated and real as 18% for 750 is not 71.

Seems to me, that there is something wrong or mismatches with values from Eaton USV's calculated in the backend but nonetheless we don't need it to be calculated because the right value is already in place with ups.realpower.

Is there a way to force the footer to use the value of ups.realpower? If yes that would be a great workaround atm.

9 minutes ago, SimonF said:

Yeah not saying the values are correct just how the code is calculating. And the reason for the red W on the status line.

Does your ups report ups.realpower?

Yes, it does and that value given is in the right ballpark...just now - external: 143W  vs. ups.realpower: 150W  

...although being higher than external where I'd expect the opposite🤔

23 hours ago, Skylinar said:

Seems to me, that there is something wrong or mismatches with values from Eaton USV's calculated in the backend but nonetheless we don't need it to be calculated because the right value is already in place with ups.realpower.

Is there a way to force the footer to use the value of ups.realpower? If yes that would be a great workaround atm.

I will look to change the nut_footer.php and post a revision. But you will have to do a manual change to replace the file. and it will not be persistant at reboot or plugin update. I will then create a PR on github. Will look at the status values also. I have found the issue for the watt calculation as not adjusting by 0.6 power factor when set to auto. Gets closer to the real value if you use *.6 on the result.

@Skylinar

Make a backup of the orginal file.

root@computenode:~# cd /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/nut/include/
root@computenode:/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/nut/include# cp nut_footer.php nut_footer.old

Copy the attached into the same directory. My UPS does report real power so not sure if it will work correctly. I have test output by setting the value and include the existing Wattage if you hover over.

image.png.210bc68625ff0cf59a0332b05fdb361d.png

To revert you can just comment out the lines with realpower in the php with a # or copy the old file back.

nut_footer.php

Edited by SimonF
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

@SimonF@dmacias

Hey Dev's,

thanks for your efforts to bring this important plugin to UnRaid and keep it running!

Unfortunately for me it seems to be broken at least in one point on the latest Unraid Version: 6.10.0-rc3

(Why this? I need it for Win 11 and TPM!).

Problem: The NUT Config Editor has no access to the config files in /etc/nut. Maybe this is due to (missing) permissions within the jqueryFileTree script or due to generally not being allowed to open system folders - which makes sense with security in mind.

The file bar just displays nothing.

Additionally, manually configuting the config files in /etc/nut fails as they (seem to) get overwritten by the plugin when restarting the plugin or system.

Last not least I tried to change the line in NUTEditor.page from "data-pickroot="/etc/nut" to "./nut" so it may takes the files in "/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/nut/nut" which seem to be the "master-files" for the mentioned overwriting but that won't work either.

As a last measure I am going to edit these "master-files" to what I need and hope it will work that way.

I am using a CyberPower VP700ELCD and this thingy needs a lot of tuning regarding the NUT-settings e.g. needs a different driver.parameter.pollfreq and driver.parameter.pollinterval as well as some override tweaks for battery.charge.low
battery.runtime.low with ignorelb to run smooth and safe.

I hope you can reproduce my error and provide the community with some updates to the plugin so that this important thing works again as expected.

For a NAS one of the most important things is a working UPS and a working procedure to safely shutdown a system if power fails.

Thanks and regards

DaKarli

Update: After editing the a.m. master-files the system does not work, in fact does nothing at all and only shows the status STOPPED....

Edited by DaKarli
Update
2 hours ago, DaKarli said:

Unfortunately for me it seems to be broken at least in one point on the latest Unraid Version: 6.10.0-rc3

NUT is running ok for me on RC3 as a Slave, but i haven't changed any files.

Does you file list show as blank?

image.png.f460202e7cad997fb8fe4527fc70fe84.png

37 minutes ago, SimonF said:

NUT is running ok for me on RC3 as a Slave, but i haven't changed any files.

Does you file list show as blank?

image.png.f460202e7cad997fb8fe4527fc70fe84.png

Hi SimonF,

yes, as slave it would be no problem... But I need to keep UPS on this machine as it is the one switched on 24/7.

And yes, the file list is just blank as in your screenshot. Any hints about this?

10 hours ago, Jammy B said:

re-reading your question, no. i haven't got "Runtime Left" working.

its the last part of my puzzle to enable my Powercool 1000 to be fully displayed.

Looks like Powercool doesn't report runtime so it needs to be calculated, So I looked at the driver source and documentation and found the way to get it display. I am struggling to find estimate runtime for the UPS on full load and half load. as does seem to be in Powercool documentation.

You need to add this to ups.conf

runtimecal=300,100,600,50

First number is duration in seconds, next is load 100%, Value for next load value in Seconds and finally load, i.e. half.

image.thumb.png.f325ee790ea1591fc8f8e6a1effc1c56.png

4 hours ago, SimonF said:

Looks like Powercool doesn't report runtime so it needs to be calculated, So I looked at the driver source and documentation and found the way to get it display. I am struggling to find estimate runtime for the UPS on full load and half load. as does seem to be in Powercool documentation.

You need to add this to ups.conf

runtimecal=300,100,600,50

First number is duration in seconds, next is load 100%, Value for next load value in Seconds and finally load, i.e. half.

image.thumb.png.f325ee790ea1591fc8f8e6a1effc1c56.png

@SimonF

if it helps. It says 15-20 minutes at full load on battery. 

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/1000va-powercool-ups-3x-uk-plug-3x-female-kettle-lead-ports-2x-rj45-usb-type-b-built-in-avr-software?gclid=Cj0KCQjw29CRBhCUARIsAOboZbIOVOmdI0_losut4Xafvgk7XUWBKlYlbtKbNBIaevT3_bV_tLJ0AZ4aAi5fEALw_wcB

A5B1E8D6-E824-4C38-AA36-F7916D5BCE5C.png

Edited by Jammy B
  • Rysz featured this topic