[Plugin] NUT v2 - Network UPS Tools

dmacias

3 minutes ago, Jammy B said:

@SimonF

entered what you said but it still doesn't display anything in Runtime Left.

i've tried runtimecal=300,100,600,50

then i thought, go further with runtimecal=450,100,900,50 [based on 15 minutes]

but it still doesn't display anything. :(

Works for me

image.png.fe993d47907fb10fae51a5743b87cd90.png

This is my config. I have Powercool 2000VA. Guessing you did update once you change the ups.conf and it takes a min or so before it appears + you need to refresh page.

[ups]
driver = nutdrv_qx
port = auto

default.battery.voltage.high = 40.40
default.battery.voltage.low = 31.20
default.battery.voltage.nominal = 36.0
runtimecal=300,100,600,50

6 minutes ago, SimonF said:

Works for me

image.png.fe993d47907fb10fae51a5743b87cd90.png

This is my config. I have Powercool 2000VA. Guessing you did update once you change the ups.conf and it takes a min or so before it appears + you need to refresh page.

[ups]
driver = nutdrv_qx
port = auto

default.battery.voltage.high = 40.40
default.battery.voltage.low = 31.20
default.battery.voltage.nominal = 36.0
runtimecal=300,100,600,50

nice! just logged back in and it has it now. 

What do you think to my 450,100,900,50?

should I reduce it to match yours?

DF9B9A5E-D549-4A6A-B256-D08F207D7CAD.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Jammy B said:

nice! just logged back in and it has it now. 

What do you think to my 450,100,900,50?

should I reduce it to match yours?

DF9B9A5E-D549-4A6A-B256-D08F207D7CAD.jpeg

Guess should be 900,100,1800,50 for 15 mins full load. but i would go with values you are hsppy with.

4 minutes ago, SimonF said:

Guess should be 900,100,1800,50 for 15 mins full load. but i would go with values you are hsppy with.

thanks, the figures don’t make sense. I’m glad I asked. 

Don’t worry. I’m not going to hold you to figures. UnRAID will power off 5 minutes after being told it’s on battery.

I just didn’t want it to panic it only had 5 minutes of capacity when the load is only 20-25%! 

Edited by Jammy B
On 3/16/2022 at 8:13 PM, DaKarli said:

Hi SimonF,

yes, as slave it would be no problem... But I need to keep UPS on this machine as it is the one switched on 24/7.

And yes, the file list is just blank as in your screenshot. Any hints about this?

I have created a PR to fix this.

• Thanks 1
On 3/16/2022 at 8:42 PM, SimonF said:

Not at the moment I would need to review the code as it is not my plugin.

If you want to fix before a new package is released, but this will not survive a reboot.

from command line nano /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/nut/NUTEditor.page

change

<input id="editfile" type="text" name="editfile" value="" readonly="" data-pickcloseonfile="true" data-pickfilter="conf,users" data-pickfolders="false" required="required" >

insert data-pickroot="/etc/nut" so it looks like this.

<input id="editfile" type="text" name="editfile" value="" readonly="" data-pickcloseonfile="true" data-pickfilter="conf,users" data-pickroot="/etc/nut" data-pickfolders="false" required="required" >

On 3/16/2022 at 8:13 PM, DaKarli said:

Hi SimonF,

yes, as slave it would be no problem... But I need to keep UPS on this machine as it is the one switched on 24/7.

And yes, the file list is just blank as in your screenshot. Any hints about this?

This is fixed in latest package.

• Thanks 1

So I updated to 6.10rc4 and now the plugin doesn´t auto update on the dashboard, its just stuck at whatever powerdraw/time remaining it was at when i clicked on the page. If I update the page the nut plugin updates powerdraw/tr but then freezes again, and on and on and on. 

Not a big problem, just thought you should know! 

2 hours ago, BeardElk said:

So I updated to 6.10rc4 and now the plugin doesn´t auto update on the dashboard, its just stuck at whatever powerdraw/time remaining it was at when i clicked on the page. If I update the page the nut plugin updates powerdraw/tr but then freezes again, and on and on and on. 

Not a big problem, just thought you should know! 

Will have a look to see if I can find an issue. Which pages just settings?

1 hour ago, BeardElk said:

Dashboard and settings! 

It does not refresh on my 6.9.2 machine either. I have found that the $update variable is not set any where. Will look to see if i can find out when it may of changed. Did it ever refresh?

1 hour ago, SimonF said:

It does not refresh on my 6.9.2 machine either. I have found that the $update variable is not set any where. Will look to see if i can find out when it may of changed. Did it ever refresh?

Now that you mentioned it, I just got my ups and were running the built in ups deamon at first, but it did not handle "power off ups" well (instead of 60s it was 60min) so googled and it said your plugin would support it. 
All i know is that that deamon refreshed! 

If it never did refresh it´s not a problem report, more of a feature request😅

13 minutes ago, BeardElk said:

Now that you mentioned it, I just got my ups and were running the built in ups deamon at first, but it did not handle "power off ups" well (instead of 60s it was 60min) so googled and it said your plugin would support it. 
All i know is that that deamon refreshed! 

If it never did refresh it´s not a problem report, more of a feature request😅

Its not my plugin but I have made a few tweeks to it. Code is there to refresh just no way to turn it on. Will look to see if that can be added.

• Like 1
On 11/22/2021 at 7:07 PM, dalben said:

I recently swapped over from my trusty but now dead APC 650cs to an APC MODEL Back-UPS BX750MI.  NET detects it fine and starts monitoring.  After a few hours (twice in 24 hours), it disconnects with the following error:

Nov 22 03:41:15 tdm usbhid-ups[18835]: nut_libusb_get_report: Input/Output Error.
Nov 22 03:41:17 tdm usbhid-ups[18835]: device->Product is NULL so it is not possible to determine whether to activate max_report_size workaround
Nov 22 03:41:17 tdm upsd[18990]: Data for UPS [ups] is stale - check driver
Nov 22 03:41:18 tdm upsmon[18994]: Poll UPS [[email protected]] failed - Data stale
Nov 22 03:41:18 tdm upsmon[18994]: Communications with UPS [email protected] lost
Nov 22 03:41:19 tdm usbhid-ups[18835]: device->Product is NULL so it is not possible to determine whether to activate max_report_size workaround
Nov 22 03:41:21 tdm usbhid-ups[18835]: device->Product is NULL so it is not possible to determine whether to activate max_report_size workaround
Nov 22 03:41:23 tdm usbhid-ups[18835]: device->Product is NULL so it is not possible to determine whether to activate max_report_size workaround

Repeating every second or so and spamming the syslog.  I pull out the USB cable and replug it in, and all works fine:

Nov 22 06:04:04 tdm kernel: usb 1-8: USB disconnect, device number 5
Nov 22 06:04:08 tdm upsmon[18994]: Poll UPS [[email protected]] failed - Data stale
Nov 22 06:04:13 tdm upsmon[18994]: Poll UPS [[email protected]] failed - Data stale
Nov 22 06:04:16 tdm kernel: usb 1-8: new full-speed USB device number 6 using xhci_hcd
Nov 22 06:04:16 tdm kernel: hid-generic 0003:051D:0002.0006: hiddev98,hidraw3: USB HID v1.10 Device [American Power Conversion Back-UPS BX750MI  FW:295201G -302201G ] on usb-0000:00:14.0-8/input0
Nov 22 06:04:17 tdm upsd[18990]: UPS [ups] data is no longer stale
Nov 22 06:04:18 tdm upsmon[18994]: Communications with UPS [email protected] established

Until it crashes again.

I moved over to the Unraid default UPS setting instead of NUT and it's now been solid without any disconnection.  While I don't *need* the Network feature, it was handy to have.  And I enjoyed the UPS status in the status bar.

Any ideas of what could be the issue, or what I can do to resolve it?  here's the UPS Details page for the UPS Settings tab

image.thumb.png.3a7b34266dd6a6e909c8ee2f73404a1e.png

Still getting this error with the latest update on my APC MODEL Back-UPS BX750MI.

Once it loses connection I need to pull the USB cable and plug it in again for it to work.  Tried switching to the native Unraid UPS monitor while in this states and it complains of connection error.  After resetting the USB cable the Unraid UPS monitor works fine without any issues.

45 minutes ago, dalben said:

Still getting this error with the latest update on my APC MODEL Back-UPS BX750MI.

Once it loses connection I need to pull the USB cable and plug it in again for it to work.  Tried switching to the native Unraid UPS monitor while in this states and it complains of connection error.  After resetting the USB cable the Unraid UPS monitor works fine without any issues.

The updates I have made in lastest package are cosmetic no chnages to core drivers. Will look to see if I can see anything to help. Donyou see any usb erors in log before nut io errror?

47 minutes ago, SimonF said:

The updates I have made in lastest package are cosmetic no chnages to core drivers. Will look to see if I can see anything to help. Donyou see any usb erors in log before nut io errror?

Thanks.  No errors prior to NUT losing the USB connection.

@SimonF

had read errrors last night so done the usual power off, pull the drive, power up, start/stop array. turn off, reconnect and power on and re-build.

but i noticed NUT reporting 0% and charging. [its now on 1%]

i didn't touch the UPS, nor turn it off. 

any ideas? normally a power cycle wouldn't mess with that.

11 minutes ago, Jammy B said:

@SimonF

had read errrors last night so done the usual power off, pull the drive, power up, start/stop array. turn off, reconnect and power on and re-build.

but i noticed NUT reporting 0% and charging. [its now on 1%]

i didn't touch the UPS, nor turn it off. 

any ideas? normally a power cycle wouldn't mess with that.

None that I can think off what does the NUT detail show?

• Rysz featured this topic