Drives required to reformat

Its Andrew

2 hours ago, Its Andrew said:

I removed the drives ad then ran the "New Config". Now it is asking me to format the drives.

Do NOT format the drives or you will lose all your data.

there was a bug in one of the 6.4 rc releases where after doing a New Config the file system on the drives would not be correctly recognised the first time you started the array.   Stopping/restarting the array normally fixed this.    If this does not work for you I would suggest you report back here attaching the diagnostics zip file (obtained via Tools->Diagnostics).

22 hours ago, Benson said:

Yes, Do NOT format the drives otherwise you will lose your data.

I got this bug in RC7a, stop / strat array can't fix, I have remove the parity drive then all data disk return to normal. BTW you may try reboot once before remove the parity.

Now it is saying I have to format the parity drive. Would I lose data if I format the drive? Also, attatched is my diagnostic zip.

mooretower-diagnostics-20170922-1102.zip

6 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

There's no superblock detected on that disk, are you sure that was the data disk? what was done to the disk when it was removed?

If you're sure which one was parity you can assign both disks as data disks and start the array to see if any of them mounts.

Both are unmountable. They should have over a terabyte of videos and pictures. Here is another diagnostic report. 

mooretower-diagnostics-20170922-1242.zip

Just now, johnnie.black said:

Not possible, unRAID can't mount NTFS disks, I have a feeling you're leaving something out of what exactly you did.

I had these drives in the unraid server before. I took out some older drives that I didn't need anymore. When I took the drives out I got an error saying "Too many wrong and/or missing disks!" so i turned off the server, took out the 2 drives I wanted to keep (1 parity and 1 disk) and ran the "New Config" task as it said in the wiki.