Time Machine Cannot connect to AFP share

bdee1

I have created an AFP share on my unraid server (v6.3.5) which I have used in the past for Time Machine on my OSX machine (OSX Sierra 10.12.6).   Recently I started gettign alerts that Time Machine is unable to connect to the share.

I went into time machine settings on my mac and no matter what I do I cant seem to get it to connect to my AFP share.

Nothing has changed with my AFP share on unraid.  IT includes 5 disks and there is an unraid user which has read/write access.

How can I go about troubleshooting this?

• 1 month later...

this is weird.   I created the new AFP share and my time machine backup seemed to run smoothly for a couple weeks and now every day i am getting the popup in osx saying that it could not complete the backup.  it asks me to start a new backup, and when I do it says it cant connect to the new share.

has anyone else had this happen?  is anyone successfully runnign time machine backups to their unraid server?

Personally and I do mean personally I stopped fiddling around with Time Machine on unRAID and just bought a 3TB portable and split it into 2 Partitions. 1 for my laptop and one for my Mac. Just my personal setup of course. Others might be more successful, but I've never had good results for some odd reason.