Hard Drive Cage Options

DJRon

So I am looking to replace my stock cages with some new one and am looking at three different ones. I am looking for any input on how well they may handle heat during parity checks. Thanks in advance for any opinions and thoughts.

Cages I am looking at:

I would also consider going to only 4 x 3.5" to help with airflow so any suggestions on those are welcome as well.

I appreciate any input.

Latch is a little clunky - I'd have to agree, but I've found them very secure. Once you get used to it, easy to operate. The fans are full-ball bearing fans. I have some that have been running near continuous for over 5 years - no clicks, whines, or issues. They are not silent, but do provide excellent airflow over the drives.

Below is an eBay listing where you can buy for $66.99 delivered. Another user mentioned offering $60, and it was accepted. Seller has 100% reputation. I have bought quite a number of these used (not from this person), and only issue is they do not always (unless listing mentions it) include some tiny screws you definitely need. But the screws can be had on Amazon for ~$5.50 for a ton of them (see HERE)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPERMICRO-CSE-M35T-1B-5-x-3-5-Hot-Swap-SATA-Hard-Drive-Enclosure-/172642519582?hash=item28324bca1e:g:c7oAAOSwXj5XGSS3

Archived