Help: Drives are not recognized by Unraid

On 2/3/2020 at 1:28 AM, Hoopster said:

Likely, because as @johnnie.black noted, that controller does not support being cross-flashed to IT mode.  There are several models of LSI controllers mentioned in these forums that do support IT mode. It appears from some searching that it may not support JBOD either.  The 926x line has a 2208 chip which, apparently,  is RAID only.

Your best bet is to pick up an LSI controller that does support cross flashing to IT mode.  Those based on the 2008 or 2308 chips are popular.  Someone reported having been able to flash a 2208 controller with 2308 IT firmware, but, that is risky to say the least and I am not sure I would trust that report.

Hi sorry for the spam I got a new card and the drives show on unriad however im getting this message "5 supportable devices of 20 are presented for system boot selection" only 15 drives are showing. As its picking up 20 is there something I need to do to get the last 5 to work or are they dead drives?

• 2 months later...

@johnnie.black I might have a similar problem. I just added a 4TB HGST SAS drive to my server and it's not showing up. The rest of the drives are SATA and attached to my Supermicro CSE-836BE16-R920B's backplane with a single link running to my 9211-8i. The 4TB SAS drive is attached the same way but it's not showing up in the LSI BIOS or Unraid. How can you tell if it's formatted correctly?...or the guy on Craigslist sold me a dead drive

baymax-diagnostics-20200506-2315.zip

Edited by ramblinreck47
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

I recently passed my server on to another newbie. He set up his own unraid disk. He is using old drives of mine. He has the MD1000 as well but does not want to hook it up to begin with.

I beleive that it was a perk 200 that I installed to communicate with the drive bay.

He has not removed that card.

he does not have a vga cord and is trying to use a vga to hdmi cord, but he is getting 0 video.

he can log into idrac and get the system booted but it is stopping on hit f1 or f2 

nothing apears in unassigned drives.

Any suggestions on getting the drives recognized would be great

stella-diagnostics-20230217-1322.zip