HDHomerun DVR docker

JM2005

I too would 2nd this request, (I actually started one over a year ago here, and found this thread looking for any updates to this topic).

This is unfortunate as basic no frills NAS boxes have an easy install path, where UnRAID at this time does not (UnRAID has things basic NAS's don't as well, just saying).

Remember it is about choices, so while alternative options are great to know exist most people know they do and for some reason have chosen against them.

Emby (which I have tried to use for the last year/bought premiere) continues to have issues with Tv playback, recordings, guide lineups, etc... They keep fixing these issues, but it is also mind numbingly obnoxious to expect a recording to you know just work.

To OP: I plan to try this out now that they offer the yearly at $35 annually. At this point I think the best way on UnRAID is unfortunately a VM with it installed.

I plan to attempt this in Win10 with a HD passed to the VM for recorder storage (apparently it doesn't record to network storage which is unfortunate).

I hope someone with ambitions to use this software and using UnRAID comes along and makes a well supported Docker or Plugin (yes, not preferred) to easily install/manage this on UnRAID.

I did find a fork of Yoshiofthewire docker. I used the Yoshiofthewire template and changed the docker repository to match stevotdo/docker-hdhomerundvr. This seemed to work just fine and looks like this one is up to date.  I have included the forked docker location below.

https://hub.docker.com/r/stevotdo/docker-hdhomerundvr/

I do like having options as well. Be sure you understand that the HDHomerun TV guide is not like the normal grid guide everyone is used too. Emby's TV Guide is the best I have seen.

Edited by JM2005
  • Like 1

That's awesome that you found a Docker that seems to be updated, and with a little ingenuity got it to work with UnRAID.

I may have to check it out.

As for the guide, yeah I know that it's all about the Slicetm, no worries there.

If you use Kodi you can apparently use the unofficial HDHR DVR PVR add-on here that will present the guide in a grid.

I like the Emby guide, and it works pretty well at this point (recent redesign for AndroidTv, and numerous fixes for Theater to make it as good as it is now).

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2017 at 3:19 PM, JM2005 said:

I did find a fork of Yoshiofthewire docker. I used the Yoshiofthewire template and changed the docker repository to match stevotdo/docker-hdhomerundvr. This seemed to work just fine and looks like this one is up to date.  I have included the forked docker location below.

https://hub.docker.com/r/stevotdo/docker-hdhomerundvr/

I do like having options as well. Be sure you understand that the HDHomerun TV guide is not like the normal grid guide everyone is used too. Emby's TV Guide is the best I have seen.

Thank you, I look forward to trying this.

I seem to remember it was not possible to automatically re-start the HDHomerun DVR engine when the unRAID server was rebooted. 

Is that no longer a problem or is there a workaround?

• 5 years later...

I also can see the need for this. I use Plex but it can't decode the sound that is used by the HDhomerun ATSC 3.0 tuner. Maybe it can do the standard channels but the new ATSC 3.0 stuff looks amazing. I have tried to see about Plex working on adapting to be able to handle ATSC 3.0.