Rename/Move a drive

I have a 24 bay Norco case, and I've labeled each physical bay 1 to 24.  After troubleshooting a problem with one of my HBAs, I needed to move the drive that is in bay 18 to bay 7.

I would like the device to be labelled "Drive 7" in the Array Devices list, to let me know where to find it if I need to physically move it again.  Unfortunately, I don't see a way to move around drives in the Array Devices list.  After stopping the array, If I remove the Disk 18 device and try to put it in the DIsk 7 slot through the array setup page, then it is warning me that my drive will be formatted.  I could live with this (allowing the array to rebuild from the parity drive) but I think it will still try to emulate the DIsk 18 device, while also reformatting and adding what it thinks is a new Disk 7 device to the array.

Is there a way to tell unRAID that the physical drive that it is calling "Drive X" is now "Drive Y" ?

This brings up a bigger request that it would be helpful to add notes to each device that are visible in the Array Devices list, so I could, for example, record the physical location of the drive within the case, the date I installed it, etc.  I am currently using a spreadsheet for this housekeeping.  But that is more of an enhancement request.

Edited by sub0ptimal
29 minutes ago, sub0ptimal said:

I would like the device to be labelled "Drive 7" in the Array Devices list, to let me know where to find it if I need to physically move it again.  Unfortunately, I don't see a way to move around drives in the Array Devices list.  After stopping the array, If I remove the Disk 18 device and try to put it in the DIsk 7 slot through the array setup page, then it is warning me that my drive will be formatted.  I could live with this (allowing the array to rebuild from the parity drive) but I think it will still try to emulate the DIsk 18 device, while also reformatting and adding what it thinks is a new Disk 7 device to the array.

You can change slots and do a new config and trust parity if using only single parity, with dual parity parity2 will become invalid.