"found a client with no channel in the client's hash table"

Guest zin105

Guest zin105

I first posted this to the 6.4 forum but I think it applies to current stable version awell.

My log is filled with:

Oct 2 14:14:03 HTPC kernel: bond0: found a client with no channel in the client's hash table

I have a dual NIC that's bonded with mode 6 and a VLAN 20 on top of that for VMs. I also have a seperate NIC for some other VMs. Everything seems to work exactly as expected so the log spam is confusing me.

Edited by zin105

I have setup a bonded + bridged interface in load-balancing mode (6).

net1.png.353c36c70ec5109607f663f0e061364e.png

The bonded interface has fixed IP assignments.

net2.png.ab0382f4f4b69a5c372e036384da85f8.png

In addition VLAN 10 is created with a dynamic IP assignment (address 10.0.10.10 is obtained from the DHCP server on this VLAN).

net3.png.9cf2fdd198c49185b5ae3ec866a664fb.png

Switch is configured with additional VLAN 10 on both interfaces which connect to the server.

bond.png.18a4a073ade3dbb0d6c155d44e7c04ad.png

Made several tests and all is working fine. There are NO error messages and I can't make them appear either.

I set my VLANs to not have an IP adress at all. Doesn't that make unRAID accessible from the VLAN? I create them for seperation, to only have internet access and nothing else.

1 hour ago, zin105 said:

I set my VLANs to not have an IP adress at all. Doesn't that make unRAID accessible from the VLAN? I create them for seperation, to only have internet access and nothing else.

When the server itself does not need to participate in the communication, no IP assignment is the recommended setting and only VMs or containers have assignments.

Tested as well without IP assignment, no errors either.

Ok this is very strange. I removed all VLANs from the bonded interface, but I'm still getting spammed with 

bond0: found a client with no channel in the client's hash table

The ethernet ports connected to the switch are untagged with VLAN1. Nothing else.

Edit: Rebooted and I think it has stopped. Will update otherwise.

Edited by zin105