VM Creation error GPU NVIDIA 1070

There's other items in IOMMU group 5 that aren't being passed through to the VM.  Make sure that you're also passing through the audio portion of the video card.  

You make need to enable ACS override within VM settings if all else fails

Your diagnostics would also show what is in the group

I have only 1 Pcie 1x slot and card is connected via Riser.

If i remember right i did once edit the grouping in XML or somewhere to put it to different category, but i cant remember how :( 

---

found it :) https://wiki.lime-technology.com/UnRAID_Manual_6#Using_Virtual_Machines :

Toggle PCIe ACS Override to On if you wish to assign multiple PCI devices to disparate virtual machines

• The override breaks apart IOMMU groups so that individual devices can be assigned to different virtual machines
  • Without this setting enabled, you may not be able to pass through devices to multiple virtual machines simultaneously
Edited by killeriq

Also tried this guide here, but same error :( 

For OVMF-based VMs
Scroll to the bottom of the XML and locate this section (the <address> parts may look different for you than from the example below):
     <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='pci' managed='yes'>
     <driver name='vfio'/>
     <source>
       <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
     </source>
     <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x05' function='0x0'/>
   </hostdev>
After the </source> tag, add the following code:
<rom file='/mnt/user/sharename/foldername/rom.bin'/>
Change the path after /mnt/user/ to the actual user share / sub-folder path to your romfile.
Once done editing the XML, click Update and try starting your VM again to see if GPU assignment works properly.

Edited by killeriq

Sorry but what kind of advice is it? Here in Unraid forum you are advising me to remove whole unraid and use mining EthOS? :) So i would lose NAS functionality, VM, Dockers etc and will have other paid OS only for mining with 1 card. Man make no sense - if you would tell use Windows that will be a bit better :D

Why you think is not ideal? it has VT-D , HVM: Enabled / IOMMU: Enabled

• 1 month later...