Call Traces / Machine Check Events - Please Help

Hello,

I have been using Unraid for about 9 months so far using this sever with no issues. I have recently been watching SpaceInvader's YouTube channel videos to try to use Unraids full potential. I have been making a good bit changes in regards to VM's and dockers lately so I am wonder if this is why I am now running into issues. Anyway, I have installed the plugin "Fix Common Problems" in the past and for a little while I have been getting errors "Call Traces found on your server" and "Machine Check Events detected on your server". I scanned through the syslog and did see some warnings stating that "Core temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled". Is this what is triggering the messages in Fix Common Problems?

I tried to take a look at the temps of the CPU cores with the "System Temp" plugin but I am able to load the temps once and then the driver no longer works. When I did see the temps (after stressing out the machine) they all were at an average of 150 F. Is this normal?

Is there anything else that I am missing that is causing problems? Please let me know if you can see anything wrong with my configuration.

System Specs:

Model:  IBM XSystem X3200 M3

M/B: IBM - 69Y1171

CPU: Intel® Xeon® CPU X3440 @ 2.53GHz

HVM: Enabled
IOMMU: Enabled
Cache: 8192 kB, 32 kB, 256 kB
Memory: 16 GB (max. installable capacity 32 GB)

Array (using LSI 0211-8i in IT mode)

2TB Parity

2TB HDD

2TB HDD

Cache

120GB SSD

unrfs-diagnostics-20171009-0901.zip

2 minutes ago, Tbigs2011 said:

I scanned through the syslog and did see some warnings stating that "Core temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled". Is this what is triggering the messages in Fix Common Problems?

Yes.  (for the mce errors).  And its triggering enough that you've overflowed the buffer that stores the mcelog.

Side note:

Oct  8 04:40:37 UNRFS root: Fix Common Problems: Other Warning: CPU possibly will not throttle down frequency at idle

The call trace is unrelated, and is a page allocation failure.  You can try this though and see if it makes a difference. (not quite sure)

Install Tips & Tweaks plugin and change these settings:

https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/55910-out-of-memory-errors-detected-on-your-server-call-traces-found-on-your-server/#comment-546982

Thanks for the quick response! I will give that a shot.

I have one other question and maybe this is more of a plugin support question but in "Tips & Tweaks" the "CPU Frequency Scaling" option is blank and on the side it states "no driver". I know this server / CPU has turbo boost and it is enabled. Is there a way to get a driver to be recognized? If this is in the wrong place, my apologies.

Thanks!