Call Traces Reported by Fix Common Problems Plugin and Slow Copy

bisk

I’ve attached my Diagnosis Report. Fix Common Problems is reporting that Call Traces have been found on my server. Any assistance is appreciated. 

homeserver-diagnostics-20171009-1231.zip

I’ve also noticed that copying between drives in my server is super slow.  It looks like it’s copying bytes/second at the moment.  I’m able to read files off of the server no problem though. Seems to only be an issue writing to the Pool. 

Edited by bisk

Thanks johnnie.black.  I read through the thread and set the cache to 50% of the defaults.

I’m still seeing really slow writes to my pool.  Downloading with SABnzbd to a drive outside of the pool is fast though. I ran a test with Disk Speedtest plugin and I’ve attached the results from that. All of the drives seem to be running fine, so I’m stumped on why the writing it so slow...

53527229-2ED8-4A41-B3BD-495E6B634315.jpeg

Edit - I see that that is just a test of the read speeds only, so I don’t have a view into the write speeds :)  Although my read speeds seem to be an issue too since I’m not able to play anything through Plex anymore either. 

Edited by bisk
  • 3 weeks later...

So I've since upgraded to v6.4_rc10b and I'm still receiving Out of Memory and Call Traces errors from Fix Common Problems.  My monthly Parity check started last night and was running at around 1MB/s when I checked this morning.  I've set the cache % back to 1 and 2 to help with the Out of Memory errors, but it would appear that that hasn't helped.  Any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated since I'm not able to use Plex and I have some you and female family members that are constantly bugging me :)

homeserver-diagnostics-20171102-0720.zip

Yeah, I remember you mentioning that above, so I had set them back to the defaults, but I continued to receive the Out of Memory errors, so I put them back 1 and 2 a little while ago.  There have been many reboots since changing that setting.  I usually reboot the server after dinner if I know that we're going to watch Plex that evening since a reboot will restore the server to acceptable performance to use Plex.