Mono is running at 100%

grphx

Running 6.3.4

I noticed that when I run top in CLI, mono is running at 100%.  I've narrowed it down to Sonarr causing it, because when I stop sonarr, mono goes away.. or at least stops running at 100%.

I checked the logs in Sonarr and it doesn't seem to be doing anything... actually it's pretty idle(no downloads, no scanning..) when I checked, but no matter what Sonarr seems to be doing, it causes Mono to run at 100% from the second I start it up, and runs at 100% for days on end.

I checked the logs on the docker image itself and it doesn't seem to be doing anything.  I've seen where some people found the docker continuing to try to auto update when it's already updated.. or it keeps trying to start the docker when it's already running, but that doesn't seem to be what's going on with my setup.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Few months now I have been experience this problem with Mono running on 100% cup and soon as I stop Sonarr the cup returns to normal idle levels. Now I am having to reboot Sonarr daily to stop the fan on the server waking the neighbours in the adjoining apartment. 

Currently Running Unraid 6.11.5 

Sonarr Version - 3.0.10.1567

Package Version - 3.0.10.1567-1 by sonarr

Mono Version - 6.12.0

Any resolve to this please I am not able to find any guidance. Any assistance will be gratefully welcomed. 

Edited by theplayhub
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi I am having the same issue,

I have tried setting the path to the cache /mnt/cache_nvme/appdata rather than /mnt/user/appdata but still see the 100% usage on a single core, I am unable to find any info in the support thread either unfortunately.

cpu.JPG

top.JPG

Edited by ravepants
  • 1 month later...

Thank you for all you help. I don't have any cache setup at the moment, I do intend to do this at some point. But I have just done as @ravepants mentioned and unticked Analyse Video Files.

will monitor and report back. 
image.png.e98a5fb0f9b9bd77052bccccc01c129f.png

Its already looking promising but this creams up over the hours and the fans kick in. So will let it rest for the day and see how it holds. 

image.png.d33d1a00178d268fd3da11e0a4be3d4a.png

Thanks again.

UPDATE----

Sadly no fix for me. After leaving it for 12 hrs the CPU has risen again. I placed Sonarr on the CPU 15 and 31 to monitor and its already hitting 85%. If I don't restart Sonarr now the fans will start blowing.

image.png.a6a2e550c308452868ae75b5d3bb8477.png
image.png.5f0855f8dc0560661ffb538c038f7575.png

Back to the hunt to find solution.

Edited by theplayhub
  • 5 months later...

Think I have something that looks the same.

Two times I have confirmed that by shutting Sonarr docker down my CPU (all 8 cores) go from plus 90% to 0-20%.

Both times, after i boot Sonarr the issue seems to be gone.

I'll be more than happy to bring any info if it can help finding the issue