[Support] binhex - PyCharm

On 5/12/2022 at 3:46 AM, binhex said:

done, please pull down image in an hour from now.

thank you @binhex it works!

may i ask another question:

I found i cannot copy text from external to pycharm, and i have searched a lot, all of them about uninstalling VIM extension, but i have no VIM installed. 

May i know if there is workaround to copy text to pycharm?

Appreciate your time and effort

Wesley

9 hours ago, Wesley_Sun said:

I found i cannot copy text from external to pycharm

yep you can do this, novnc has a pull out on the left hand side, if you click on this and then click on the second icon down 'clipboard' then you can copy your text from your host and then it will be available to paste inside of the novnc window in which pycharm is running in.

9 hours ago, binhex said:

yep you can do this, novnc has a pull out on the left hand side, if you click on this and then click on the second icon down 'clipboard' then you can copy your text from your host and then it will be available to paste inside of the novnc window in which pycharm is running in.

awesome, i will definitely try that, thank you

• 7 months later...

@binhex  Hi, thanks for all your efforts maintaining this PyCharm docker.  I have a question about it.  I normally do all my python development in a virtual environment like conda.  I've downloaded the anaconda installer and tried to run it inside the PyCharm container.  It fails because of missing libraries.  Is there any way to add the anaconda venv to this docker?  Thanks!

@binhex  Hi, thanks for all your efforts maintaining this PyCharm docker.  I have a question about it.  I normally do all my python development in a virtual environment like conda.  I've downloaded the anaconda installer and tried to run it inside the PyCharm container.  It fails because of missing libraries.  Is there any way to add the anaconda venv to this docker?  Thanks!
Can you tell me what the advantages are of conda over the integrated package management and virtual environment support built into pycharm? I would encourage you to take a look at that first.

Sent from my 22021211RG using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/30/2022 at 12:36 PM, max-z said:

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a python script that uses the ffmpeg-python - which requires ffmpeg to be installed on the system. Aaaand that's where I got stuck. How do I (properly) install ffmpeg in this container?

ffmpeg-python link: https://github.com/kkroening/ffmpeg-python#installing-ffmpeg-python

Thank you very much!
Max

This container uses Arch Linux. The package manager for arch is pacman. Read here on how to install packages with pacman:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/pacman

• 3 months later...