[6.3.5] Restoring settings on boot flash drive

I had some problems earlier in the week that meant one of my cache drives seemed to develop a problem and I was unable to format it. At the same time I lost my connection to my Windows PC. Prior to that the system had been stable and working for over 2 weeks without any problems. Although I hadn't previously taken a backup of the boot device, I have now copied over its contents.

Consequently I reformatted the boot USB and copied over my unRAID key and original super.dat. I've gone through an initial setup updating:

System Settings: Date and Time, Disk Settings to enable autostart, Identification and Network Settings

Users: Password

I've also copied over the Shares folder from the original settings and all seems to be in order on that front.

So now I'm back to a basic working system and I need to retrace my steps to get back to where I was just before my system went belly-up! I get the impression that all the configurations settings are stored in the config folder and subfolders, so I'm not sure if all I need to do is to copy them over from the original settings, presumably a few at a time, in case anything is corrupted..

I notice as regards plugins I only have the Dynamix webGui and unRAID Server OS on the system and the other plugins are not there - presumably I need to just copy over the plugins folder from my original settings?

My Dashboard shows Krusader and PlexMediaServer present. Although both are set for autostart, Krusader is Red (Stopped). When I start PlexMediaServer it seems to have "lost" all the previous libraries already setup, although the data is intact on the array.

I'd appreciate some advice on how to get myself back to where I was before, please. If it helps I can upload the current contents of the Flash drive and also the previous contents of the old working system.

Many thanks

Alan

Edited by soulman1949
Corrected spelling error.

Ok I've copied over the plugins folder and now get a warning

"Fix Common Problems: 12-10-2017 14:29
Warnings have been found with your server.
Investigate at Settings / User Utilities / Fix Common Problems"
Warnings Found Suggested Fix  
Share appdata is an implied array-only share, but files / folders exist on the cache Set Use Cache appropriately, then rerun this analysis

I'm not sure what I need to do. I've attached two screenshots, the first one is all of my User shares and the second one is of appdata settings.

Thanks

Alan

User Shares.jpg

appdata settings.jpg

Edited by soulman1949

Running the system check again I now get errors and warnings as per the first screenshot. I'm totally bewildered I don't remember having to do any of this when I originally installed them.

I've also attached screenshots of the current Docker containers screen and Docker Notification Settings. As you may have gathered I don't have a clue as to what to do with this lot, LOL.

Thanks

Alan

PS I am better uninstalling and reinstalling Krusader?

errors and warnings found.jpg

docker containers.jpg

docker notification settings.jpg

Edited by soulman1949
addition PS
2 minutes ago, soulman1949 said:

Hmm no change. :-(

Do you mean you ran mover and nothing changed?

Do you still have appdata files on disk2? That is the only thing running mover might have fixed. If you do still have appdata on disk2, try stopping your dockers and run mover again.

As for Krusader, you will have to edit the Krusader docker settings and change the UNASSIGNED volume to use slave mode. You will probably have to go to Advanced view.

14 minutes ago, trurl said:

Do you mean you ran mover and nothing changed?

Correct.

Do you still have appdata files on disk2? That is the only thing running mover might have fixed. If you do still have appdata on disk2, try stopping your dockers and run mover again.

Ah, that sorted it, thanks.

As for Krusader, you will have to edit the Krusader docker settings and change the UNASSIGNED volume to use slave mode. You will probably have to go to Advanced view.

Sorry I don't understand what you mean. I tried to delete this and start over but ended up screwing the settings. I've tried to reinstall it but it's asking me to enter something in Host Path 1 and presumably Host Path 2.