New To UnRaid - Reboot and install of cache drive wiped array

mkyb14

Help...!

new to Unraid moving from Open Media Vault.  I have a 24 bay CSE-846 tied into a M1015 in IT mode on a supermicro MB.  

Installation went smooth, importing disks and formatting went smooth.  Added 2x8TB for parity drives.  Shutdown, installed 2x500GB samsung SSD's for cache drives direct from MB sata ports.  Booted back up, and all i get is no drives are found... Disks and parity's are all listed as missing...

logs not showing me much either as to what happened?  just waited 18hrs for this to initialize and it was 100% good to go before the shutdown and reboot. 

The actions you describe should not affect the array drives.   I am not sure from your description whether the drives are not showing as assigned to the array, or are not being seen by unRAID at all.

ideally you should post the diagnostics zip file (obtained via Tools->Diagnostics) so we can get a better idea of the state of your server.

fixed it by physically removing and re-seating the cables.

What I don't seem to understand is that having 2 cache drives, only one seems to get filled, then ton's of notifications.  Do they not combine themselves automatically, or is it a raid 1 senario... showing only one drives space being used because they are mirroring?

Drives.jpg

Archived