Read errors copying to and from a share (unraid 6.3.5)

Ouze

I'm having sort of an odd problem and not sure what to start looking at to resolve it - if it's a disk error or NIC or what.

I created a new music directory for use in plex. From my windows PC, I am copying files from my old music directory (on the unraid share) into the newly created one (also on the unraid share) , while simultaneously listening to said music from the old directory. So, a share to share copy.

1. I get tons of read errors and files that fail to copy

2.) The music I am listening to stops because it (apparently) briefly can't find the source

https://i.imgur.com/PtYC66k.png

If I just repeat the copy again (skipping overwrites for files already present) they copy OK. 

I don't see anything in the syslog at all.

Last parity check was 18 days ago and was clean.

I have fix common problems installed. The only issues it sees are my CPU won't throttle down, and I have a Marvel controller (but I've never seen the issues associated with the Marvel controller)

My diags: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qsfwd98lcekywgp/shiva-diagnostics-20171020-1856.zip?dl=0

Thank you for looking.

Edited by Ouze

Alright. Tests with copying files with midnight commander do not reproduce the error.

I've just finished installing a new NIC. After doing so, the problem remains: when I copy over a large folder of small files (like 100 mp3's, let's say) via my windows PC from one share to another on the server, a large percentage (like 24 of those 100) error out and do not copy.

Larger stuff seems OK - copying over movies is fine, plex playback is OK, etc.

Before I start moving on to re-crimping ends, replacing cables, switching ports, replacing the switch, and all that other good stuff... is it 100% sure the network? Is there some kind of diagnostic or test I can do to be sure it's not some weird cache disk bug or something else?  I've tried sending over 150 pings from the server to my pc, they all go through, 0% packet loss, like 0.3ms. 

I just want to make sure I'm definitely moving in the right direction. 

''

Edited by Ouze